Jacksonville Sports and Entertainment Board
60'sF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Worked on my daughters new house all day nail down plywood and tearing out her bathroom.
Event warmup:

Tied my shoes and tried to turn on my foot pod. Dead battery so no pace info for this race
Run
  • 21m 58s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

THis race/run started at 5pm. It was chip timed or anything so my time are based on my watch.

There were a bunch of folks in 70's type clothes as this was a Retro River Run to commemerate 30 years of the Jacksonville River Run (15K).

Since I didn't have my foot pod I just ran keeping an eye on my HR. It took little bit to get free of the crowds but after that I just ran my own pace.

Crossing the first bridge wasn't a big problem. I was surprise when I went by the first mile marker and my time was in the 7's.

The Acosta bridge was a pain and put the hurt on a lot of folks. I was feeling it too and my HR shows it. I tried to keep my head up and keep my pace steady. Running down the other side I just tried to keep from falling over.

I kept pace with a nice ponytail until the last half mile or so when I kicked it. I finished strong and kind of wished I had started my kick earlier but running down the backside of the acosta made that difficult.
What would you do differently?:

Check the battery in my foot pod earlier.
Post race
Warm down:

Talked to a guy who was wearing a HOT (Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon) hat then grabbed a couple free beers then went back to my daughters house to paint trim until 10pm.

Last updated: 2006-09-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:58 | 03.1 miles | 07m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
mile 1: 7:05 max hr 164 avg 148 mile 2: 7:13 max hr 173 avg 166 mile 3: 7:17 max hr 182 avg 174 .1 : 0:23 max hr 184 avg 183
Course: Loop around downtown Jacksonville that started near the landing crossed the main street bridge then back over the river via the acosta bridge.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No