General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Losing weight and buying tri gear??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-19 3:41 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: Losing weight and buying tri gear???
Last season I lost 30 pounds and opted out on buying a wetsuit. This year I am still losing more weight but I need to buy a wetsuit. Being in San Diego, all races during the year allow wetsuits because the water temp never gets high enough to not wear them. I don't want to buy a nice wetsuit and then have to sell it later on down the road. Last year I used a Xterra Ventilator Med in Men's. My question is has anyone else had this problem and do you have any suggestions on what I should do? Out of the 7 tris I am doing this year only one of them will have water to warm for a wetsuit and that is in Texas. HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!

2007-03-19 2:37 PM
in reply to: #727802

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis, IN
Subject: RE: Losing weight and buying tri gear???
well, you could rent a wetsuit for those specific races but in the end, it may be more econimical to just buy one now.

Trust me, I feel ya. I am going to have to go without a wetsuit for my swim in May because I am planning on losing a lot of weight this season and can not afford to buy more than one. It just does not make sense.

Jeff
2007-03-19 2:40 PM

User image

Master
Long Island, NY
Troll around on EBay or Craigslist.  I got a Brand New Sleeveless QR suit for $100 on EBay...it was a 2005 Model, but still had original tags and in original packaging.  When you finally get to your goal weight, you can reward yourself with a brand new one. 
2007-03-20 7:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

Yup...ebay and craigslist can totally be your friend.  I just got my first wetsuit off of ebay yesterday. I only need a wetsuit once a year maybe, so I didn't want to spend a lot on it, especiallly since my size will be changing. It's brand new with the tags - not a big name brand - but I got it for $40.  I figured that I could gamble $40 for a good deal.  It even fits! I'm giving it a spin in the pool later today.

While I was shopping, I saw a lot of wholesalers dumping last year's models with pretty good "Buy it Now" prices.  There were plenty to choose from, and you don't even have to wait until the auction is over!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Losing weight and buying tri gear??? Rss Feed