General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pam? Does it work Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-08-29 1:37 AM

User image

Subject: Pam? Does it work
At my last tri, I saw someone spraying themselves with Pam before putting on her wetsuit...Does it help to remove the suit, or is it the same as Body Glide?

2004-08-29 5:02 AM
in reply to: #54805

Veteran
Albury, Oz
Subject: RE: Pam? Does it work
Sounds like it was being put on to allow for ease of suit removal. I use Baby Oil around wrist and ankles (which by the way the wetsuit manufacturers do not recommend) but to be honest I have found that the single most effective way to make sure your suit comes off quickly is to take most of it off in the water - arms out and suit down to hip level before exiting the water as water is still the best lubricant. Mind you I am still pretty slow getting my legs out but I am really inflexible!
2004-08-29 7:29 AM
in reply to: #54805

User image

Extreme Veteran
Manitoba, Canada
Subject: RE: Pam? Does it work
The first time I wore a wet suit I fell down trying to get out of it, and that was with body glide at the wrists and ankles! A kind soul later suggested the Pam to me, and I find it works so much better. I now spray it on right up to my knees, as my calfs were part of the problem (though it can smear your race number), and I also spray the inside of the wet suit, both the legs and arms. Sliding your hand into the wet suit leg as you pull out with your leg was easest way I have found to get out of the wet suit so far (and I managed that with out falling over!). I rinse the wet suit out in the tub with a mild dish soap later.

You know you are a triathlete when you have to run down to your T1 box for the Pam when you want to make muffins
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pam? Does it work Rss Feed