General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Owen is my name Ironman is my game Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-12 1:38 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Catharines, Ontario
Subject: Owen is my name Ironman is my game
I can't let it go. I need to train and race. If only out of habit. I did my first moutain bike race ten years ago and haven't stopped yet. I quit but I never stopped. I quit trying to be a star but I never stopped riding. Every spring I look for races and I plan and train. It is a big part of my life. When I was a teenager I wanted to ride across Canada. For a while I thought I would never do it because I got into racing and thought I could never get the time and money. In 1999 I did it. It was an amazing dream come true. I also dreamed of doing Ironman races. That's been my focus for the last three years. I love it. There is nothing that matches training for and racing that distance. I'm 30, I work as a debt collector in St. Catharines Ontario. Last year I was working in a garden center, a job I loved, but it was 50 hours a week of hard labor. I kept training and did an 11:36 ironman distance tri at The Duke Blue Devil in North Carolina. I am pretty proud of that because it was hard to do a 7 hour training day and then be at work lifting heavy stuff the next day. I've experienced every kind of tired there is. Now I have an easier job that is a normal eight hours a day with two days off in a row every week and it is much easier to train. I am also a bit of writer. I have a college diploma in journalism and a university degree in English. I will be submitting articles to this site every now and again. I read and analyze everything I can find about triathlon. I have been aroung really good cyclists and coaches and don't mind sharing what I've learned.
This year my main focus is Ironman Germany July 11.

2004-01-12 1:50 PM
in reply to: #3685

Regular
South Suburbs of Chicago
Subject: RE: Owen is my name Ironman is my game
Wow, way to be a go getter. Best of luck to you in your training, and in the upcoming race in Germany.
2004-01-12 7:19 PM
in reply to: #3685

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Owen is my name Ironman is my game
You Da Man! Welcome to the board!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Owen is my name Ironman is my game Rss Feed