General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » If at first you don't succeed, tri again! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-12 2:34 PM

User image

New user

Texas
Subject: If at first you don't succeed, tri again!
Hi, I just registered at this site so I can start using the training log. It all started with 5k's, then I bought a bike and did 3 duathalons last year with hopes to do my first triathalon last Fall. Instead I had surgery so am aiming to do my first one this Spring! I am a novice swimmer whose stroke looks like I am drowning!! Open to advice in how to strengthen my stroke and pace my breathing.

2004-01-12 7:15 PM
in reply to: #3694

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: If at first you don't succeed, tri again!

welcome s jones...a lot of us read total immersion or maybe take a swim class or masters swim course...

if u look at the recent threads...a lot of swimming talk.  looking forward to your rr this spring!

2004-01-13 2:39 PM
in reply to: #3707

User image

New user

Texas
Thanks for the suggestions Ron!
2004-01-13 5:02 PM
in reply to: #3694

User image

Veteran
Illinois
I would say, totally join a swim class... or masters. Going into my first triathlon with zero swimming knowledge [I floated on my back half the time, had 60 yr old ladies passing my slow butt up].... I fixed things the second time around. I joined a swim class... then eventually joined a masters swim team. I found the masters swim team to be a lot more helpful on my form. There was not only plenty of one-one interaction, but the comeraderie that formed was very very encouraging.

lots of luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » If at first you don't succeed, tri again! Rss Feed