dcbaventures
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 47m 47s
Overall Rank = 14/36
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/8
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 5:50 and went over to breakfast. Ate some good food scrmabled eggs and toast and some fruit. Went back to cabin and slowly woke up more. double checked that all my stuff was together. Loaded the shuttle over just after 7:30.
Event warmup:

Listened to my tunes. Walked around by the water and did a little streatching. mostly I just wanted to relax. I was nervous for my first triathlon. The swim started in the water so I got ready and made my way out to the buoy and had about 6 minutes once there to tread water.
Swim
  • 31m 8s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 04s / 100 meters
Comments:

I thought that things went pretty well for my very first attampt at swimming in a race and doing a tri. First real open water swim. The water was not bad. I started off fast when everyone went out fast. The adrenaline and all. I had to make myself relax and get into my rythm so I wouldn't get psyched out. I didn't really know what to expect. I did pass a few people and I came out middle of the pack. I was pleased with this first time but now I know I can train a little harder and I couldprobably go alittle faster for future races.
What would you do differently?:

Start a little more evenly. Train hard because i now know that I could probably push myself a little more in the future.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I didn't get a transition time on the results. This was not too bad. my suit was a little stuck and my gloves were hard to get on with slightly wet hands.

Be more prepared. First time. just move a little faster and have a little more of a system.
Bike
  • 1h 24m 51s
  • 16.16 miles
  • 11.43 mile/hr
Comments:

This was apparently my best part. After the hills I was jsut settling in. I had to remind myself I was racing and needed to push hard. Then this guy passed me and he was my inspiration. I followed him for awhile and got a good race cadence and passed up more people again. Thanks, Inspiration.

I think I could have pushed just alittle harder. It was good though. I wouldn't change much on the bike.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

We didn't have to rack our bikes. We rode up and the race volunteers took it and then you ran through the shoot and grabbed your bag.
I didn't do the fast trnsition of getting out of my shooes first while on the bike. Didn't think my first time to try it should be there.

Practice the switch so I can get out of my shoes fast. Also I need to geta number belt or something cause it took time to get my number on.
Run
  • 51m 47s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 10m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

Need to train to run faster.

One girl in my age group passed me right at the end and beat me by 10 seconds. I would have pushed harder and not let that happen.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around some and had some oranges ad bannana. we hung around after the race it was good.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Probably lack of training and lack of experience. I had only trained for a tri for a month and it was my first time. I didn't know how hard to push. My first open water swim, first ride outside on my mtn bike.

Last updated: 2007-03-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:31:08 | 1500 meters | 02m 04s / 100meters
Age Group: 4/8
Overall: 22/36
Performance: Good
Suit: longsleeve
Course: Point to point. swim past two yellow around the green and in to the beach.
Start type: Wade Plus: Shot
Water temp: 66F / 19C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:24:51 | 16.16 miles | 11.43 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/8
Overall: 7/36
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: I thought it was pretty fun. The first big hill was difficult and you couldn't really push it up becasue there were so many people and everyone was walking. So I just started passin poeple right here. Another relly big on later that we had to walk.
Road: Rough  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Bad
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:51:47 | 04.97 miles | 10m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/8
Overall: 16/36
Performance: Average
Course: Right out of the transition we wwent up quite a bit. My legs were hurting. Once I got to the top of that it was folling and lots of fun. I really liked the run. I need to train to run faster.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes