General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Recommended road ride? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-01 1:33 AM

S. Denver
Subject: Recommended road ride?
Hey all,
I finally got my girlfriend her first road bike, and we need to get out and put some miles on it. We want to do a 2-3 hour ride tomorrow, but I stay away from riding on busy city roads. Any recommendations for a 2-3 hour road ride near Denver? Im not opposed to driving 30 or 45 minutes to a nice location, but we're ready to find some nice "road" routes... we're coming from being mostly mtb'ers, so moderate climbs dont scare us, just bad drivers.

Thanks,
Brian

2007-09-02 7:17 AM
in reply to: #949471

User image

Veteran
Denver CO
Subject: RE: Recommended road ride?
Cherry Creek and Platte River bike paths are great in the city.
Around Cherry creek res is a great ride too.
2007-09-02 5:36 PM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

I don't know how far south you are, but today I road from Bikesource @ County Line and University on the C470 Trail, West to Chatfield Resevior, around the Resevoir and back.  25 + Miles.  You could also turn north just past Santa Fe and head up toward downtown.  Mostly trails, but not too crowded. 

The Cherry Creek bike trail is very crowded compared to the C470 trail.  South Platte is also pretty crowded.

2007-09-04 10:01 AM

User image

Colorado, USA
This is one of my favorite rides as well. I usually start by my house over in Southpark. I rode it early Saturday morning before it got too hot and stopped for a minute to watch the Colorado Masters swimmers doing OWS at the Chatfield gravel ponds (another plus for this ride if you want to carry your wetsuit/gear). BTW I don't know if anyone saw the article in the paper but apparently one of the park employees had a "problem" (heart attack?) and died after slamming into a concrete barrier about the same time I was out there......

Mike
2007-09-07 3:04 PM

S. Denver
Great.. thanks for all your reccommendations. Probably exactly what we'll mostly do for the time being... looking forward to getting into some road races or distance rides too!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Recommended road ride? Rss Feed