General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Cali Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-11-14 3:17 AM

Regular
29 palms ca
Subject: New to Cali
Howdy all!!! I've been a member on here for about a year and just want to say this site is great!!! It got me through my first season and my first HIM FL 70.3 in just over 5 hours. I've been out of training for about 7 month I joined the Marines and well it pu a bit of a damper on my training abd bootcamp kind of thrash my body, so I'm kind of back to square one. I'm planing on doing the Full Vineman this year as my "A" race. I'm in 29 palms now and will be stationed in Miramar when I get done here and I was just wonderingg if anyone could fill me in on the hot spots for training in so cal. thanx all!!

2007-11-14 11:37 AM
in reply to: #1052348

User image

Expert
Encinitas
Subject: RE: New to Cali
mrlow954 - 2007-11-14 1:17 AM

Howdy all!!! I've been a member on here for about a year and just want to say this site is great!!! It got me through my first season and my first HIM FL 70.3 in just over 5 hours. I've been out of training for about 7 month I joined the Marines and well it pu a bit of a damper on my training abd bootcamp kind of thrash my body, so I'm kind of back to square one. I'm planing on doing the Full Vineman this year as my "A" race. I'm in 29 palms now and will be stationed in Miramar when I get done here and I was just wonderingg if anyone could fill me in on the hot spots for training in so cal. thanx all!!

Welcome to the neighborhood. You came to the right place for triathlons! There This is a gerat place to train. Too many spots to list them all! If you want to time trial fiesta island is usually the place to go, it's a little man-made island in mission bay with a 4.1 mile flat outer loop, works well for long runs also because you can stash water/nutrition at your car and grab it each time you come around. If you want trails (running or biking), Pensaquitos is right near Miramar, Mission trails is pretty close also, both are awesome. If you want to ride long there are a bunch of options, go up and down the coast if you want to keep it flat, or you can go inland to get some big hills. There are tons of great little spots for running and shorter rides hidden all over the place.
2007-11-14 11:53 AM

User image

Expert
Oceanside, CA
mrlow954 - 2007-11-14 1:17 AM

29 Palms? Just out of bootcamp? Orders to Miramar Air Station? Dare I guess that you're at C&E schools?

When you get here (Miramar) be sure to let us know. There are a lot of tri-ers in this area. One of the largest, if not THE largest, tri clubs is here as well. My DH will be at Miramar starting in January (Pendleton for the moment).
2007-11-19 1:47 PM

User image

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County

Good job on your HIM.  Looks like you'll be in good shape for Vineman Full next summer. 

I hear tell there are quite a number of tri clubs in your area.  Even if you can't train with them, I believe they have routes and stuff on their websites.   

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to Cali Rss Feed