General Discussion Race Reports! » Turkey Trot - Fairfield Family YMCA - 7th Annual Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Turkey Trot - Fairfield Family YMCA - 7th Annual - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Fairfield, Ohio
United States
YMCA
Overcast
Total Time = 24m 23s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stretched out, drank some gatorade and ate a half of a cliff bar. Took a short run of about a mile or so, did a couple of sprints in it to get the heart rate up. Stood around and talked with folks from my spin class.
Run
  • 24m 23s
  • 3.13 miles
  • 07m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Fantastic run. I think I let my Garmin physic me out though. First mile I ran in about 7:15 or so, which is super fast for me. I felt great and I was still in my target zone of Z4, which is what I was trying to race in. Second mile I was at about 15:15 total time and still pretty fast for me. Still felt good, no hard breathing, still in Z4 and doing well. It was at this point though that I realized how fast I was running and my mind was telling me I needed to slow down, no way I was going to finish at this pace. Third mile I did start feeling a little winded and tired, but I wonder how much of that was actually self imposed because I knew I was flying for me. :)

I did set a new PR and I finished 2nd in my AG! Fantastic race for me!
What would you do differently?:

Push harder during the last mile. I felt mentally I let myself slow down during the third mile and I should have pushed a bit harder.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Mentally slowed myself down.

Last updated: 2007-11-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:23 | 03.13 miles | 07m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/
Overall: 30/
Performance: Good
Course: Course was very flat and on paved running/biking trail in our area. Went through some wooded areas, was a very pleasant run.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-11-17 1:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Turkey Trot - Fairfield Family YMCA - 7th Annual
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Turkey Trot - Fairfield Family YMCA - 7th Annual Rss Feed