General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I just got a free bike trainer...anyone used this one before? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-12-04 2:50 PM

New user
Portland, OR
Subject: I just got a free bike trainer...anyone used this one before?
My friend just gave me her Minoura ergo inter rim mag trainer. She isn't using it anymore, and I mentioned that I was looking at one for Xmas. I was looking at getting a fluid trainer, since I hear that they are a lot better. I would love it if this will work and I don't have to splash out on a new trainer, but I also don't want it to turn me off of using the trainer, either.
I should mention that I haven't put my bike on the thing yet..I just got it an hour ago.
Any thoughts?

Jessica

2007-12-04 3:45 PM
in reply to: #1082859

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: I just got a free bike trainer...anyone used this one before?
The one drawback that I've heard about them is that they don't offer a large range of resistance. So stronger riders can't get enough resistance to do harder intervals.

Given the deal you got, give it a shot and see how it works for you. You have nothing to lose.

scott
2007-12-04 7:26 PM
in reply to: #1082859

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnetonka, MN
Subject: RE: I just got a free bike trainer...anyone used this one before?
I was also given the exact same trainer from a friend. It was the least he could do since he talked me into doing IM WI in 2008. I was wondering if I have to worry about the thing damaging the rim of the wheel.

Should I get a dedicated training wheel, kind of like how the regular trainer users get a dedicated tire for trainer riding?

Edited by goalie 2007-12-04 7:26 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I just got a free bike trainer...anyone used this one before? Rss Feed