General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Doing the myfirst Tri at Moss Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-12-05 9:08 AM

User image

Brevard
Subject: Doing the myfirst Tri at Moss Park
I will be doing the myFirst Tri (sprint distance except 1/2 the swim distance). So I am very excited and mentally want to do it tomorrow. Phsyically I know I have a lot to do, and have a plan in place to help me do well. I am planning on doing 7 tris next year, so I hope to be a veteran tri-er by the end of the season - going from easy Sprints to 2-3 Olympic Distances. Good Luck at the Tri! and with all of your training.

Chris

2007-12-05 6:38 PM
in reply to: #1084000

User image

Subject: RE: Doing the myfirst Tri at Moss Park
Hi Chris, Moss Park is fun you will enjoy. The run course is really nice through the camping area. The ink black water takes some getting use to though. I had a horrible swim there in Oct on the sprint triathlon. I hope to go back and do better in the coming year.
2007-12-06 3:32 PM

User image

Brevard
Then&Now,
My coworker/mentor suggested that I go swim in Lake MaryJane before the tri, and so I will be doing it the last week in Dec (wetsuit included). Thanks for letting me know the nasty state of the water. Being better prepared will make for a better experiance. Thanks
2007-12-20 2:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver
I plan on doing this as my first event as well. I am strong in running and on the bike but weak in the water so I'm focusing the coming weeks on my freestyle. You mention that you will be wearing a wet suit for this event, is this because the water temperature is low or just as standard equipment? I don't own a wet suit yet and I'm not sure if i can afford one for my first race...

Good luck, maybe I'll see you there
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Doing the myfirst Tri at Moss Park Rss Feed