Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » IMC just got a little soured for me! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2008-01-30 5:36 PM

User image

Regular
Edmonton
Subject: IMC just got a little soured for me!
This will most definetly go under the Rant column but here goes.....

I've been searching the internet for accommodations for 10ish people when I came across a beautiful 8 bedroom mansion (http://www.vrbo.com/151726) so I call to check availability for IMC.
I am told it is available for the dates I want Aug 22nd - 29th, my family and I wanted to spend a week enjoy some of the great sites Penticton has to offer.
Well after getting everything arranged with family and adding a few more friends (16-18 of us in total) I call back.
Well she says as it is Ironman weekend, we can't rent it to you for the dates we've already agreed to, you have to rent it for ten days..........This is after reconfirming with them a 2nd time the dates I wanted.
So I refuse to pay for a house that will just sit there empty for two days before we get there, and now the whole Ironman experience seems a little tarnished now. Is this gouging of competitors common place because I was thinking of making this an annual event but now I don't think this will be the case.
Anyways just had to vent a bit,
Thanks

2008-01-30 9:35 PM
in reply to: #1184894

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
Subject: RE: IMC just got a little soured for me!
I'd be pretty annoyed too. Don't let it put you off though, not everyone there is like that. It's a beautiful place with great people. Keep checking around, you can usually find some better stuff as you get a little farther away from Penticton.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » IMC just got a little soured for me! Rss Feed