General Discussion Triathlon Talk » General 70.3 Questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-06 11:57 AM

User image

Regular
The Land of Misfit Toys
Subject: General 70.3 Questions

I've finally decided to make the jump up to Half Iron after taking a year off of racing to heal up from some injuries. I've done many Olys in the past with a PR of a hair under 2:24. I'm definitely not in shape to put up that time again. I come from a running background and can defend myself on the bike. Swimming is by far my weakest event. My target race is the Utah Half on August 15, 2009. I have a few questions for you experts:

1. I currently am working on building a base on my bike, because I was planning on only doing bike races in 2009. Other than that, I really don't have much of a base for running or swimming right now. I have had great bases for both in the past, but I have neglected them recently. Do I have sufficient time to build bases in those two while completing my base build for the bike prior to the race?

2. How would you suggest attacking the base build? I was thinking of working exclusively on swimming and cycling for the next few months (4 sessions per week of each), then slowly working the cycling down to maintenance and introducing running to build that base.

I'm going to have a load of questions in the future most likely, but that's probably good for starters.

Thanks in advance for any advice 

2008-11-06 12:01 PM
in reply to: #1792319

User image

Subject: RE: General 70.3 Questions

1. yes

2.  Not sure i'd eliminate running entirely, but training your weakness is generally the way to go

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » General 70.3 Questions Rss Feed