General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MyPlate "DUH" moment Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-24 8:52 PM

User image

Expert
Cornfields of Illinois
Subject: MyPlate "DUH" moment
After reading many of the posts here, i decided to sign up for MyPlate and start tracking calories since other avenues weren't working.  I filled out my profile very honestly and got started.  After 8 days (today) i started thinking to myself that this was too easy since i wasn't hitting my calorie goal each day so I went back to my profile to review it and read the profile again.  I realized that if you plan to track the exercise yourself to NOT include that in your questionnaire so I readjusted it only to realize that I was eating about 400-500 calories per day ABOVE my minimum since i can only start working out again tomorrow due to an injury. 

I had to laugh at myself knowing that there was no way losing weight was THIS easy!!  So forward and onward on the journey for me.

2009-08-26 5:06 PM
in reply to: #2368096

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Subject: RE: MyPlate "DUH" moment
bulldog520 - 2009-08-24 8:52 PM After reading many of the posts here, i decided to sign up for MyPlate and start tracking calories since other avenues weren't working.  I filled out my profile very honestly and got started.  After 8 days (today) i started thinking to myself that this was too easy since i wasn't hitting my calorie goal each day so I went back to my profile to review it and read the profile again.  I realized that if you plan to track the exercise yourself to NOT include that in your questionnaire so I readjusted it only to realize that I was eating about 400-500 calories per day ABOVE my minimum since i can only start working out again tomorrow due to an injury. 

I had to laugh at myself knowing that there was no way losing weight was THIS easy!!  So forward and onward on the journey for me.

I think I did the same thing at first...called myself "very active" when really all I do is sit at a desk all day!  I had to go back and fix it too, but I only had it that way for a day.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MyPlate "DUH" moment Rss Feed