Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-17 3:29 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Subject: ESR Ride - Info & Updates
From Alex:

Two quick notes and a few reminders.

Most group rides will not allow riders to participate if they have aero bars on their bike, clip on or otherwise, bulls horns or drop bars. We talked a long time ago and said we would allow the aero bars under one condition. DO NOT RIDE IN THE AEROS IN THE PACK! This is not open for negotiation. This is not open to interpretation. If you are on the front pulling we will accept you in your aeros. If you are up front in your aeros you still need to call the road hazards. Also, you need to understand that when your up-front you are not providing a draft for the second line rider. If he yells "sit up" or "peal off" it is because the second row rider needs to do his pull and peal. He is not upset that you are in your drops, he is the one doing the pulling and needs a break. If you are going to ride aeros at the back, you must be at least eight feet off the back. This way you will not affect the groups rotation and you can still hit the brakes on time.

Gator Aid bottles do not fit into bottle holders properly. You just spent thousands of dollars on a bike and got a great deal on a nice new ESR jersey and jacket, don't stick that ugly looking bottle in your cage. We have had too many dropped bottles lately, most are gator aid bottles. A dropped bottle is like a hand grenade in the pack. It jumps and bounces and sends riders swerving and scrambling to avoid it. Somebody is going to get hurt. I have a box of bottles that I picked up at an auction. I'd be glad to bring a few to the ride if you can't find the time to go to one of our local bicycle shops or sports stores.

Last chance for an ESR jersey!
Sunday is the last chance to order your jersey! After that it is to bad for you! I need full payment by Sunday evening for your order to be placed. I do not have the extra cash to carry people. Also, we are over 50 jerseys sold now! Don't forget about the jacket and vest! These items will extend your season.  You will want them for the 5 Boros trip, The Metro Grand Spring Tour, The Ride For Refugees, and other events we participate in.

The MS Ride is on July 25th & 26th. Looks like we will have a good sized ESR group going. Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with Boy Crusher for details.

2009-07-18 9:48 AM
in reply to: #2292468

Subject: RE: ESR Ride - Info & Updates
So what are you going to ride with your old road bike ???
I've seen some of these guys on road bikes ...way more dangerous steerers/ brakers when dropped in their bullhorns.

Sorry, had to vent sick of these guys saying we are dangerous...duh I am not going to ride areo in a group. Sorry I can't afford 2 bikes.
2009-07-18 11:41 AM
in reply to: #2292468

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Subject: RE: ESR Ride - Info & Updates
Nope - I ride on my bullhorns and just reach up to shift when necessary.  I don't ride my road bike - it's not fast enough to keep with these guys.  They will let you ride with them with tri-bars - they just don't want us on aeros when we're in the pack.  Which makes sense. 

I have been on rides where there ARE people who ride on their bars when they're in the pack and quite frankly they scare the heXX out of me. 

I think because of the huge number of people showing up they felt they needed to say something - but I think the people they wanted to say something to aren't the ones on-line - it's the word-of-mouth people.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » ESR Ride - Info & Updates Rss Feed