General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can anyone explain why.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-27 4:28 AM

User image

Master
Subject: Can anyone explain why....

Can anyone explain why on the morings I least want to work out on, I end up having my best work out.
Yesterday the alarm clock wnet off at 4:45 (usual time) and I just could not drag myself out of bed. Got to the Y bbarely in time for the spinning class and began to feel better. Hopped on the Dreadmill and had my best distance ever, 5K straight through no walking best time ever.
Got off and I felt great. Is it something to do with lowered expectations or what?

This is not the first time it has happened this way

2009-08-27 6:33 AM
in reply to: #2373323

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: Can anyone explain why....
I have no idea why it happens, but it does.

I had that happen just recently on my swim day. I barely made it to the gym because I was so tired. First go around I set a new PR for 1,000 meters, then second go around I crushed that new PR by two minutes.

Whatever causes it, who knows? However, there is tons to learn from it. The number one lession would be applied on race day. Meaning, it does not matter how you feel that morning, go out and race your race. You might surprise yourself with a new PR, AG podium, etc...
2009-08-27 7:21 AM
in reply to: #2373323

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis
Subject: RE: Can anyone explain why....
Same thing happens to me all the time. If I just force myself to get to the gym or load the bike up and get out there, I usually end up having a great workout.  It used to happen to me at big swim meets too. If I felt tired, or was lounging listening to some music and didn't feel like I was going to have a good swim, I would almost always go out and PR.  I have no idea why this is.  In fact one of my worst races I can remember, I got all hyped up, loaded myself up with Jolt cola, went out and completely sucked on my swim. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can anyone explain why.... Rss Feed