Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Help, please! Sports Medicine Doc Recommendation? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-03 2:58 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Help, please! Sports Medicine Doc Recommendation?
After dealing with some lower left abdomen I took 2 weeks off and then went for a short, easy 5k on Halloween. It was obvious the next morning that 2 weeks wasn't enough so I finally saw my doctor.

She said I've injured my left adductor and probably something in my abs. Her recommendation was 6 weeks off, ice and heat, and a trip to a sports medicine doctor. She also thought that physio probably wouldn't help much. Since she's in Toronto and I'm north of Bolton, she suggested I find someone closer to me than recommending a Sports Medicine doctor in TO.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know of anyone that wouldn't be too far from the Bolton/Caledon area. I'd probably be willing to go to Barrie if need be. I'd definitely be willing to go to Newmarket, that's not too far. Also, somewhere in the upper GTA would probably be ok.

Thanks! I think I'm going to go nuts since so many activities seem to aggravate the injuries. 6 weeks feels like forever.

2010-11-03 3:27 PM
in reply to: #3193600

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Help, please! Sports Medicine Doc Recommendation?
I know it won't help a whole lot... but as far as the GTA goes, I have a great sports medicine doctor who I found here:
http://www.athletescare.com/ourteam/index.php?cid=1

Not sure if any of those locations suit you though...

best of luck & speedy recovery to you!
2010-11-04 8:54 AM
in reply to: #3193669

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Help, please! Sports Medicine Doc Recommendation?
Thanks, Nicruns.

Great list! Glad to hear you found someone who helped you from it. I did some searching last night and the closest I found so far was a Dr. Ira Smith in Richmond Hill, which is still an hour from me. It looks like I'll have to be heading toward Toronto anyway. I sent his office an email, but if I can't get an appointment there I'll probably end up calling someone on your list.

I asked around the Running Room in Newmarket but they only had recommendations for Chiros and PTs.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Help, please! Sports Medicine Doc Recommendation? Rss Feed