General Discussion Triathlon Talk » business trips and tri training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-29 12:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bay Area, CA
Subject: business trips and tri training
I used to sign up for centuries and other long course cycle trips but my business trips would always get in the way and I only ever completed one. I got out of the industry for about a year, which is how I started my tri training. I'm back in the industry (convention management) so I am on the road a lot and my trips are exhausting. Here is an example. I have a Sprint on Sept 17th. I will be away on business from the 11th to the 16th. The days of the 12th thru the 15th I will, literally, be at work at 6:30am and I will be on show floor, running around, fighting fires until approximately midnight. I simply can not get up at 4:30am to get a workout in and make it to work at 6:30 when I won't get to my room until about midnight. I had a similar schedule last week hence virtually no workouts done.

How do we do it??? Anyone have any at your desk or short workouts you do when you can only grab 15-20 minutes???

2005-08-29 8:40 PM
in reply to: #236522

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA
Subject: RE: business trips and tri training

I'm bumping this in case someone has some good suggestions for you.

Comment:  Could you get up early just to get in a 20-30 minute workout say 2 days?  Nothing hard.  How about just doing 15 minutes of core work before you go to bed?  I remember insane travel/work schedules and this is something I would do - it actually helped me to relax and go to sleep.

Also, try to keep your nutrition in line, cause that is something else that will cause you to not feel up to par.

2005-08-29 10:55 PM
in reply to: #237041

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bay Area, CA
Subject: RE: business trips and tri training
cadreamer - 2005-08-29 6:40 PM

Also, try to keep your nutrition in line, cause that is something else that will cause you to not feel up to par.

This is a huge issue when I'm on the road. I feel my attendees very, very well, but not necessarily as healthfully as I should be eating.

I should probably internalize the fact that getting a 20 minute workout in at the start of the day is far superiour to getting nothing in AND eating fattening lunches and four course dinners. I cut out the nightly booze while on the road, cutting out the food would be disappointing :-).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » business trips and tri training Rss Feed