Revolution Racing
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 1/30
Age Group = 36+
Age Group Rank = 1/30
Pre-race routine:

Packed the car the night before and went through the checklist. Got up at 0600 to get the blood flowing and had 2 packets of oatmeal, banana, and a fruit smoothie. Picked up Nukes and was on the way to the race, beautiful morning!!! Got a great parking spot and set the road bike on the trainer and left the TT bike set up for the race. Checked in and was all set, now to wait.
Event warmup:

Good advice - the shorter the race the longer the warmup!! Got the Cervelo out and went and rode the course for the 1st time. The course was very short 2.5km or 1.55 miles so this was a good option to get familiar with the turns. There was tow turns I was concerned about the first right and the s turns in the back. I got up to 30mph on the S turn series in the back and almost did not make a corner so I decided to take that one by coming out of the aero position. After riding the course for a 5 times, with some quick accelerations to race pace I went back to the car and hopped on the trainer for another 20+ minutes. Mostly easy spin with some quick accelerations before the TT.
Bike
  • 03m 43s
  • 1.55 miles
  • 25.02 mile/hr
Comments:

First ever TT without having to run after!!! Started my watch 1 min prior to my start to I could see after. For the start, got clipped in 30 sec prior and was visualizing with some rhythmic breathing to get psyched. Got a clean start and was up to speed quick (in the big ring) 28 mph. Hammering to the first turn I was way faster than the practice and new I would need to come out of the aero psn, I was not happy about that but better than crashing, 4-5 seconds out of the saddle to get the speed back and back to aero psn. Up the hill I held every so slightly back to save some for the headwind and went into the S turns, one more time out of the aero psn and back in before the big headwinds. Had just a little left and threw everything into it into the wind, was able to accelerate to the finish!!

BL when I finished I knew I had given it everything I had for the race of truth!!

What would you do differently?:

Out of the saddle sprint before teh finsihs to get 1-2 more mph
Post race
Warm down:

Legs were HEAVY after!! Went for about 5 miles of very easy spin and started working on our crit tactics.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

cornering

Event comments:

Can't wait for a longer TT!!

Last updated: 2006-03-11 12:00 AM
Biking
00:03:43 | 01.55 miles | 25.02 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/30
Overall: 0/30
Performance:
Wind: Strong
Course: Started out from standing start on a straight away that was slightly up hill. 1st turn was tough with a pavement patch there making it a little uneven, then down hill slightly to back up with a left turn. Going east had a tailwind into another left for the S series, few rocks on the pavement, not bad, out of the S was right into a 15mph+ headwind for the remainder of the TT.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 110
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-03-12 9:47 AM

User image

Veteran
Woodbridge, VA
Subject: Spring Fling Prologue Time Trial
Chalk up a TT win for the Triathletes in a roadie event!!!

Edited by megerj 2006-03-12 10:07 AM

2006-03-12 12:02 PM
in reply to: #367501

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Spring Fling Prologue Time Trial
First out of thirty rocks!!!! Way to go.
2006-03-12 2:56 PM
in reply to: #367501

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Spring Fling Prologue Time Trial
With all the bike racing your doing, I would call you a roadie.

Don't you get tired on placing 1st? Just kidding! Nice job today in both races.

Jen
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Spring Fling Prologue Time Trial Rss Feed