Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Angus Glen support thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-31 10:32 AM

User image

Expert
Guelph, Ontario
Subject: Angus Glen support thread

Angus Glen is 14 weeks away and I am starting my new training plan.  I understand that there are a few people here planning on doing this race (1/2 distance or otherwise) so I thought I would start a thread. 

Feel free to vent your training frustrations, excitment for race day, nutrition plan and all other related comments.  This is my first 1/2 and I KNOW there will be roadblocks along the way.  I'm calling on fellow BTers to help me through and hopefully I'll be able to offer support and encouragement as well.

So lets hear it.. whos planning on doing Augus Glen??

2007-08-03 7:06 AM
in reply to: #908067

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Angus Glen support thread

I did the 1/2 last year. It was good venue and a nice race. There are some challenges as it is on the country roads and there are a number of rolling hills. The thing that I found hard was the roads are long and straight, so being a back packer, you get a little discouraged that the leaders are so far ahead of you and that you can still see them.

It was my third 1/2 in 6 weeks, having done the Scotia, Toronto before, so I had no real goal except to finish and I finished in about 2:08, which was good time for me considering my PB at Toronto is 2:05 and Toronto is easier that Angus.

Good luck in your training Elly.

2007-08-14 10:59 PM
in reply to: #908067

Master
Subject: RE: Angus Glen support thread

My first half too. Actually my first running race over 7k. I hit my roadblocks back in the spring so I figure a few more can bring me down THAT much.

BT party! Yay!

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Angus Glen support thread Rss Feed