Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2008-12-16 1:31 PM

User image

Master
Houston
Subject: Evondo's Group - FULL

NAME: evondo / Eric

STORY: I swam for two years in college and have always loved competing. After lying dormant for a few years after college I decided to train for my first sprint triathlon in 2006. I was 40lbs overweight and couldn't run a mile straight but I made it through the race and was hooked on the sport. For me, it's hard to get motivated to workout if I'm not doing it for a purpose, triathlon was my new purpose. In 2007 I completed my first Olympic and was thrilled with the results (2:34) but knew I could be faster. On the way home from the race I told my girlfriend that next year I'm returning to this race and going 2:15. Of course she thought I was crazy and delirious from the race but 2008 rolled around with a finish of 2:10. This year I'm going to focus on the 70.3 distance and see how it goes.

FAMILY STATUS: Not married but have an amazing girlfriend!

CURRENT TRAINING: I'm currently preparing for the New Orleans 70.3 which is on 4/5. My weekly mileage is currently around... swim(7000yds), bike(110mi), run(32mi).

THIS YEAR'S RACES: 2008 was a very fun race season, got my first AG victory! Races: 3 sprint tris, an Olympic, a 70.3, a half marathon, a 10K and two 5Ks.  I exceeded the 2008 goals beyond my expectations so next year is a whole new set of 'stretch' goals.

2009 RACES:  I'm starting off the season with the Houston half marathon (1/18) but this is solely to prepare for the New Orleans 70.3 (4/5) which is one of my 'A' races for the year. The rest of the season will be planned after the 70.3.

WEIGHTLOSS: Just maintain 185-190.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I hope my swimming background and constant itch for more knowledge about the sport will not only help me but others in the tri community.  I've been a self-coached athlete since starting triathlons and have worked my way through many issues and learning curves. I definitely don't know everything but am willing to research to try and help answer questions.  I'm logged into BT nearly every weekday from 8am-4pm CST and will be happy to help!

Edited by evondo 2008-12-18 8:10 AM

2008-12-17 3:26 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - OPEN
Hello,

I did my first sprint last summer (Webster MA Triathlon) and ready to do some more. Up here in MA there are some 5Ks and 10Ks through the winter but nothing of substance until this summer.

I would like to do the Chicago Triathlon this summer, the Olympic Distance. And want some motivation to increase my work outs to the level to do an Olympic. I am fairly equal in all three sports with swimming being the highest rank in my first tri and biking being my lowest rank.

I am doing a half marathon memorial day weekend and then would plan on doing Chicago in August. I might try to find a sprint in June to do.

Looking for a group to go through this with.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Bill
2008-12-17 3:28 PM

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI

If you don't mind I would like to join your group.

NAME: Tracy

STORY: It is kind of long sorted story for me. I have always been a runner. It was an activity I could do that didn't cost me any money. Therefore, I ran. I ran and ran and ran and ran. About 3 years ago a friend of mine started talking to me about triathlons. I thought...hmmm...I could do that. I bought a road bike and started biking. The next year in 07 I decided to do one triathlon. I was hooked. In 08 I did another 3 races. All sprint distances. My only plans are to do more sprints. I don't feel quite ready for oly distances. I am a weak biker. That is my achilles heal. I finally have a trainer and plan to spend a lot of time on my bike this winter.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for 6 years to my wonderful husband Michael. Who has supported my addiction to triathloning 100%. He even let me by a new tri bike this year. We have 5 fur kids, 2 dogs and 3 cats. 

CURRENT TRAINING: Right now I am doing a hodge podge of things. I have been trying to lose some weight for our trip to Costa Rica on the 1st. I have been swimming twice a week, running twice a week with strength training and biking 1 day. 

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I did 3 sprint distance triathlons. In my last one I got 4th in age class. If only I could have run my normal time. It was muggy and I forgot my inhaler.

2009 RACES: More sprints for me. I plan on doing the Elkhart Lake sprint, Door County, Waupaca and Manitowoc. I also plan to do a couple 5ks, maybe a 10k if I feel up to it and a duathlon that is my town.

WEIGHTLOSS: I need to lose another 8-10 pounds at this point. I would love to be under 150 by tri-season. I hope I can get that done this winter. I love my sweets.

2008-12-17 3:50 PM
in reply to: #1859590

User image

Master
Houston

whshaw3 you're in... plenty of time to prepare for your Olympic in August! Sounds like you'll be doing some running during the winter which is the same as what I use my off season for too.  Are you able to get any biking in during the winter up in MA?

If your main goal is the olympic in August I highly recommend doing a sprint before as a tune-up so if you can find one go for it.

Please remember to add me and the rest of our group as they join to your training logs. Welcome to the group!

whshaw3 - 2008-12-17 3:26 PM Hello, I did my first sprint last summer (Webster MA Triathlon) and ready to do some more. Up here in MA there are some 5Ks and 10Ks through the winter but nothing of substance until this summer. I would like to do the Chicago Triathlon this summer, the Olympic Distance. And want some motivation to increase my work outs to the level to do an Olympic. I am fairly equal in all three sports with swimming being the highest rank in my first tri and biking being my lowest rank. I am doing a half marathon memorial day weekend and then would plan on doing Chicago in August. I might try to find a sprint in June to do. Looking for a group to go through this with. Look forward to hearing back from you. Bill

2008-12-17 4:05 PM
in reply to: #1859597

User image

Master
Houston

Welcome to the group TracyV! Very glad to have a runner in the group, that is my achilles heel.   I used to be able to run well back when I swam and somewhere along the way lost it, hope to get it back this season

What are your goals for this next season? From this years races it sounds like you're well on your way to top 3 in your AG for 2009! What were your bike splits/distances for your 2008 races? Since it's your weakness, it should be the focus as I'm sure you've heard... Train your weakness, race your strength!

Welcome to the group! 

TracyV - 2008-12-17 3:28 PM

If you don't mind I would like to join your group.

NAME: Tracy

STORY: It is kind of long sorted story for me. I have always been a runner. It was an activity I could do that didn't cost me any money. Therefore, I ran. I ran and ran and ran and ran. About 3 years ago a friend of mine started talking to me about triathlons. I thought...hmmm...I could do that. I bought a road bike and started biking. The next year in 07 I decided to do one triathlon. I was hooked. In 08 I did another 3 races. All sprint distances. My only plans are to do more sprints. I don't feel quite ready for oly distances. I am a weak biker. That is my achilles heal. I finally have a trainer and plan to spend a lot of time on my bike this winter.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for 6 years to my wonderful husband Michael. Who has supported my addiction to triathloning 100%. He even let me by a new tri bike this year. We have 5 fur kids, 2 dogs and 3 cats. 

CURRENT TRAINING: Right now I am doing a hodge podge of things. I have been trying to lose some weight for our trip to Costa Rica on the 1st. I have been swimming twice a week, running twice a week with strength training and biking 1 day. 

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I did 3 sprint distance triathlons. In my last one I got 4th in age class. If only I could have run my normal time. It was muggy and I forgot my inhaler.

2009 RACES: More sprints for me. I plan on doing the Elkhart Lake sprint, Door County, Waupaca and Manitowoc. I also plan to do a couple 5ks, maybe a 10k if I feel up to it and a duathlon that is my town.

WEIGHTLOSS: I need to lose another 8-10 pounds at this point. I would love to be under 150 by tri-season. I hope I can get that done this winter. I love my sweets.

2008-12-17 4:24 PM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!

Another Trigeek from the Houston area that would like to try and get a heaping spoonful of inspiration and motivation from your group.    

NAME: Tri_n_2_b_fast / Justin

STORY: I am former Marine who who was no stranger to running.  As life would have it, I ate more and moved less and before I knew it I was not as lean and not as mean, but I was still a Marine... I was having lower back problems and not sleeping well, so in Mar 06 I finally decided I needed to do something... My wife and I began to change what and how we ate, and began moving more.  The pounds started to fall off and moving more became easier and easier!  Before you know I was setting new PR's in 5k's, 10k's, 10milers, half's and even in the 26.2.  I was running as fast and farther than I did at 21.  Then in Feb '08, some friends laid down the challenge of a half-ironman triathlon in Nov '08.  A triathlon??? Sounds fun, but I knew nothing of the sort... I began training, then racing and steadily my results improved.  I completed the Ironstar in 5:39 and felt really good for the majority of the race...(large blister on the ball of left foot for the last 3 miles of the run... not fun!)  I signed up for IMFL '09 on 11/2 and I am extremely excited about this journey!  I love this sport, I really enjoy the people I have met.  I enjoy training and pushing myself, but I absolutely love the thrill of racing. 

FAMILY STATUS: Married to a wonderful & supportive wife, I have 2 great boys - 17 & 12...oh yeah, and 4 mini-doxies - I know...frickin' crazy!

CURRENT TRAINING: I've cut back on the bike and swim, focusing mainly on my run milage, for the Houston Marathon on 1/18.  Once that race is over I will then begin to refocus on tri-training.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: 2008 was a good first tri-season.  I raced 7 sprints, 1 Int'l, 1 HIM, and 1 DU.  I also set a new PR of 3:44 for the Houston Marathon.  Ran a couple 10k's and a half-marathon. I even ran an Adventure Race (sprint).

2009 RACES:  I'm also starting off the season with the Houston Marathon.  My 4th, and I am looking at breaking 3:30 and setting a new PR.  My "A" race will be ~ IMFL '09 ~ 11/7!  I will be focusing almost all my effort on that race.  However, I will run a few sprints, maybe an Olympic/Int'l, and possibly the Lonestar HIM in April.

WEIGHTLOSS: I lost 60lbs from Mar 06 - Dec 07 and I have kept it off.  I may try and lean out another 5-8lbs as I get closer to November.

Edited by Tri_n_2_b_fast 2008-12-18 8:40 AM

2008-12-17 4:30 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
A total newb and I would like to join this group. I will post info shortly. 
2008-12-17 8:52 PM

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI

OK, first tri this season was an indoor tri. Keep in mind I had not really biked much all winter. It was a time base event. I biked 5.85 miles in 20 minutes.That is slow. Super slow. I couldn't shift the bike on the trainer either. Excuses, excuses.

Second event Door County Sprint 18 miles 56:13 (19.3mph). Fairly flat course.

Third event Manitowoc Sprint 16 miles 53:29 (18.0). This event was somewhat hilly. 

I want to get my average speed into the 20s. Is that unreasonable? My long term goal would be to average 23, now that is unreasonable. Wink

My goal for 09 is to place in the top three of my age group in at least one race. Door County draws all the tough racers in WI. I am not sure I can place in that one, but I have several others that I might be a contender at. Manitowoc in particular. It is small race. Not a lot of the top athletes do it. It is my best chance. I also have a new P2C to race on this year. I am hoping I can buy some speed!

Edited by TracyV 2008-12-17 8:56 PM
2008-12-18 12:43 AM

User image

New user
St. Louis Park, MN

Hello everyone!

Name: Doug, Douglas which ever you feel like using

Story: When I was younger I played soccer mostly.  Through high school I was a Martial Artist.  i would train 3-4 times a week for about 4 hours a shot.  As I got into college I continued my Martial Arts and added Gymnastics as well.  I would lift here and there as well.  I left Martial Arts and injured my ankle heavily so I had to stop Gymnastics, during my early college years.  I was completely devastated!!!  I was very good at both sports and LOVED them!!!!  A friend of mine in college got me into cycling a little.  I got tired of it after a while and stopped.  More lifting ensued. 

My current roommate got me back into cycling HARDCORE (compared to what I had done) in '06.  In the spring summer and fall I ride about 15 miles every 3-4 days a week, Sometimes more if I have time.  I totally love it!  I had been being pushed into running by the roommate, his girlfriend and my ex-girlfriend.  I wasn't sure how my knees and ankles would take it so I had been fighting it for a while.  I finally broke down and got started about a month and a half ago.  I can't miss a day at the gym!!!!  I'm just over half way through the couch to 5k aggressive plan on this site. 

I have always looked at Tri's from a distance and thought how awesome it would be to do them.  Then one night at work I was surfing Youtube and started watching some video's about Tri's and saw some elderly people finishing them and all the awesome machinery people were riding.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8l249bM0FE

I don't know if its going to work.  You may have to cut and paste that action.

I thought "What the hell?  I'm starting this running thing, I can haul pretty well on a bike and have a quality ride as it is.  I know how to swim."  Right then and there I decided, No more looking on from a distance we are doing this!!!!! I'm not doing this to just say I've done it.  I want to do it like I did my Gymnastics and Martial Arts.  I'm going all in, double down, kick butt and take names!!  I will push myself to the knifes edge at full blast (with an eye out for injuries).  I know I can do this and I want to put in the time required to be the absolute best that I can be!!!

Family status: Me (28 years old). my bike, my running shoes and my race car (other hobby is racing Endurance Touring cars).....

This years races: none yet, just the race for information, the right equipment, and the race to prepare myself!

'09 races: Planning on 2 sprints, one being the Minneman in July.  A 5k right away in the spring and as much long distance riding as I can get!

weight loss: meh, who doesn't want to lose a few?  I guess I don't have a target, I figure my body will equalize itself for now.

2008-12-18 5:26 AM

User image

New user

Charleston/Bourbonnais

I am just starting out in this sport and I love the training already.  I have not been a very good endurance athlete previously, but I have been an active athlete playing baseball, football, and golf for a long time.  I am a 24 year old graduate student who is going to do my first sprint tri in May in Effingham, IL and then going to do the Chicago Olympic distance in Aug.  I think that this group would be really beneficial to me to see where I can improve my training.  I hope to hear from you soon!! Good luck in your training and races in 2009

Adam

2008-12-18 7:16 AM

I would like to join this group and will post my information soon. Thanks.

2008-12-18 7:32 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY

Hi Eric!

Do you have room in the group for one more??  I'm about to run into a meeting, but I'll post my info later on this morning.

Kelli

2008-12-18 7:47 AM

User image

New user

Eric,
Are you still accepting people in your group? If so I would like to join. Let me know and I will post my bio. Thanks.
Sean
2008-12-18 7:53 AM

User image

Master
Houston

Welcome to the group everyone, I'm going to try and catch up this AM and read/respond to everyone's bio between meetings. Got to get some work done

Please post your bio's if you haven't already and if you can include your short/long term goals it'll help me and everyone get a feel for what you're looking for from the group.

I'd like to leave the remaining spot in the group for the ladies. Our group is near complete!

Edited by evondo 2008-12-18 7:55 AM
2008-12-18 8:06 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL

I would love to join, if there is still room?

If yes, my info is below.

NAME: Nicole83/ kinda a no brainer here, but Nicole

STORY: The long and the short of it, I started racing tris three years ago after a series of injuries stopped me from running.  After a disasterous race in 2007 I took a year off to heal both mentally and physically.  I just moved to FL from the midwest and LOVE everything about this lifestlye, espeically the fact that it's near 80 in the middle of December.  At my new job there are several triathletes and I was inspired to sign up for an Olympic distance race in April.  I am beyond excited to make a "comeback" into the sport.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for nearly a year.

CURRENT TRAINING: Prepping for St. Anthony's Olympic distance race...

THIS YEAR'S RACES: Other than St. A's I'm looking at a half mary and a possible fall HIM.

WEIGHTLOSS: 30 more lbs

2008-12-18 8:18 AM
in reply to: #1859746

User image

Master
Houston

I saw your races in your profile and with us both living in Houston we some how managed to do completely different races with the exception of Tejas!  This year I was considering Clear Lake and Cinco Ranch, how did you like them? 

Tri_n_2_b_fast - 2008-12-17 4:24 PM

Another Trigeek from the Houston area that would like to try and get a heaping spoonful of inspiration and motivation from your group.  I will gladly post my bio shortly. 

2008-12-18 8:49 AM
in reply to: #1860587

User image

Both races were fun... I think Clear Lake was one of the better races in 2008... It was well organized, the race course was good and I enjoyed the swim.  It did get a little warm towards the end of the run, but good support all along the course.  Great post race food and drinks and great competition.

Cinco Ranch or "Stink-O" ranch as I have heard it refered to as... was decent... The bike and run courses were good, although I think the distances were shorter than advertised... The swim was less than great... several shallow spots as you swam near the shore line... the course seemed longer than advertised.  The post race was good and the weather was really nice (October instead of September).  I had heard the water was dirty stinky... I did not notice that at all.  The transition area was a little cramped, but I would definitely race it again...

2008-12-18 8:56 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL

NAME: Newtons1st / Todd

STORY: 32 and just started training for a Dual in Feb. I have alway been an athletic person and played many sports. Baseaball was my biggest and play in various amatuer leagues until I was 28. I started to slowly add weight from eating bad and inactivity. I started 2008 at 235 and started to get back into shap. At Sept I was 195 and no goal but just working out. I had a friend that had done a tri and I got interested and being the competitive person I am decided I wanted to do one.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to the perfect woman Kristy with 13 yo Step Son, 11 yo Twin Boys and a 1 yo little girl

CURRENT TRAINING: I'm currently preparing for the Texas Motor Speedway Dual on 2-23-09. 2 mile 15 mile 2 mile. This will be my first event ever. About the time I decided to do this of course right as I decided to do this the first of Oct. I tore my calf muscle. The tried to get back on it to early. Right now Biking on a trainer 3 day during the week for 45 minutes since that doesnt bother it and running slow pace on the treadmill. Started doing 1 mile a session 5 days a week the first of Dec and building that by .25 mile per week if pain free. I think I will need the biggest help on the bike since I have never rode a real bike before this.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: None 2009 RACES: TMS Dual 2-23-09, Looking at doing a Sprint in April/May and another in August. My goal is to do the Longhorn Austin HIM in October.

WEIGHTLOSS: Currently about 205 and want to get to 185-190 by end of Feb and then maintain a 180-185 the rest of the year.

Edited by Newtons1st 2008-12-18 8:58 AM
2008-12-18 9:21 AM

User image

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone!  I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories, and I am looking forward to learning something from everyone, being inspired by each of you, and hoping to lend a little inspiration or motivation your way.  Here's to a great start to a wonderful year of training, TRI's and all the fun that follows!

Thanks Eric for starting the group, being a mentor and welcoming us all in... BT rocks!

2008-12-18 11:13 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY

Hi Everyone!

First, I wanted to second Justin's post.....it was fun to read everyone else's stories.  I think we have a great group!  So, here's my story....

Name: I was very creative with this one....I'll give you one guess to figure it out.

Story: I've run on and off for years and have always been active.  In 2005 I watched a friend complete her first triathlon.  At that point I'd heard of triathlon, I knew what it was but had never actually seen one.  I watched the entire race in awe...it looked so exciting and so amazing to me.  And it really inspired me to want give triathlon a shot.  It took me nearly 3 years to work up the courage, but this year I finally did it!  Until this year I had never learned to swim properly.  After months of watching countless YouTube videos, reading a few books, taking in more pool water than I care to think about I taught myself to swim.  In the beginning I thought I'd be able to tolerate swimming and if I was lucky maybe I'd grow to like it.  I'm so happy to say that I've grown to love swimming!  I knew I was hooked before I even did my first race.  I really, really enjoyed all the training.  While I see areas that I can improve, I'm really happy with my first season of triathlon.  For 2009 I want to get faster and stronger, do more races, start doing Olympic distance races and maybe a HIM late in the season.

Family Status: Single

Current Training: I'll admit for the past couple months I've been a complete slacker.  But, the beginning of December I started getting myself back on track!  I ride the trainer a fair amount...I usually shoot for about 4 times a week.  After the holidays I'm planning to get on a better schedule...swimming twice a week and for now running at least 20 miles a week.  I tend to train better when I follow a training plan.

This Year's Races: 2008 was my first season of triathlon.  I did 3 sprints, one of which was an ocean swim ...very interesting to say the least.  I've definitely learned a lot this season and had a great time!

2009 Races: I'm starting off the season with the DC Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run (4/5), and am also registered for the NYC Tri (7/26).  Also planning on a handful of sprints and oly's.  I'm sure I'll also do a number of 5k, 10k and 4 & 5 mile races throughout the season.  My big/reach goal is to do a HIM....I just want to make sure it's not too lofty a goal for my second season.

2008-12-18 1:57 PM
in reply to: #1859656

User image

Cambridge, MA
How do I make sure you are added to my training log?

2008-12-18 2:03 PM
in reply to: #1861662

User image

whshaw3 - 2008-12-18 1:57 PM How do I make sure you are added to my training log?

This is what I did... write down everyone's usernames and enter them into the "friends" section of the training log.  If you click on the square button to the right of the blank you can search the name and then click on it to add it.  Try that and see if it works for ya.  Everyone's picture/username should show up in the friends section in your training log. 

I stole/copied the link from the Instructions page...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/edit-controlpanel.asp

Edited by Tri_n_2_b_fast 2008-12-18 3:20 PM
2008-12-18 2:21 PM

User image

Expert
Kewaunee, WI

Justin -  I just have to say I love your avatar. I am a big doggie lover!

Good luck everyone. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better! Hopefully we can all inspire each other to train hard and race even harder! I absolutely love this sport and the people who do it. I couldn't think of a better hobby!!

2008-12-18 3:48 PM
in reply to: #1860397

User image

Master
Houston

I love the energy!  You'll have a blast in your first tri and it sounds like you have the biking/running down. What kind of swimming are you doing? Make sure to try and get in some open water swims before your races if at all possible.  I've had a few friends that could swim 1000+ in the pool but couldn't handle a 300-500yds in open water...

Epyon - 2008-12-18 12:43 AM

Hello everyone!

Name: Doug, Douglas which ever you feel like using

Story: When I was younger I played soccer mostly.  Through high school I was a Martial Artist.  i would train 3-4 times a week for about 4 hours a shot.  As I got into college I continued my Martial Arts and added Gymnastics as well.  I would lift here and there as well.  I left Martial Arts and injured my ankle heavily so I had to stop Gymnastics, during my early college years.  I was completely devastated!!!  I was very good at both sports and LOVED them!!!!  A friend of mine in college got me into cycling a little.  I got tired of it after a while and stopped.  More lifting ensued. 

My current roommate got me back into cycling HARDCORE (compared to what I had done) in '06.  In the spring summer and fall I ride about 15 miles every 3-4 days a week, Sometimes more if I have time.  I totally love it!  I had been being pushed into running by the roommate, his girlfriend and my ex-girlfriend.  I wasn't sure how my knees and ankles would take it so I had been fighting it for a while.  I finally broke down and got started about a month and a half ago.  I can't miss a day at the gym!!!!  I'm just over half way through the couch to 5k aggressive plan on this site. 

I have always looked at Tri's from a distance and thought how awesome it would be to do them.  Then one night at work I was surfing Youtube and started watching some video's about Tri's and saw some elderly people finishing them and all the awesome machinery people were riding.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8l249bM0FE

I don't know if its going to work.  You may have to cut and paste that action.

I thought "What the hell?  I'm starting this running thing, I can haul pretty well on a bike and have a quality ride as it is.  I know how to swim."  Right then and there I decided, No more looking on from a distance we are doing this!!!!! I'm not doing this to just say I've done it.  I want to do it like I did my Gymnastics and Martial Arts.  I'm going all in, double down, kick butt and take names!!  I will push myself to the knifes edge at full blast (with an eye out for injuries).  I know I can do this and I want to put in the time required to be the absolute best that I can be!!!

Family status: Me (28 years old). my bike, my running shoes and my race car (other hobby is racing Endurance Touring cars).....

This years races: none yet, just the race for information, the right equipment, and the race to prepare myself!

'09 races: Planning on 2 sprints, one being the Minneman in July.  A 5k right away in the spring and as much long distance riding as I can get!

weight loss: meh, who doesn't want to lose a few?  I guess I don't have a target, I figure my body will equalize itself for now.

2008-12-18 4:06 PM
in reply to: #1860447

User image

Master
Houston

Not sure if you noticed but Bill is looking to do the Chicago olympic as well... There is plenty of time to prepare for the race, just need to stay consistent with the workouts and you'll be fine. 

Have you been able to get any swimming in? I saw in your log you were sore and depending on your swimming ability a swim can be a good way to give your legs a break and stretch a bit.

If your legs are sore from lifting... don't let your lifting get in the way of your cardio workouts. You'll get much more out of doing a swim/bike/run for a triathlon then any weight lifting session especially when first starting.

Welcome to the sport! The people are great and the races are a blast!

AdamMSimmons - 2008-12-18 5:26 AM

I am just starting out in this sport and I love the training already.  I have not been a very good endurance athlete previously, but I have been an active athlete playing baseball, football, and golf for a long time.  I am a 24 year old graduate student who is going to do my first sprint tri in May in Effingham, IL and then going to do the Chicago Olympic distance in Aug.  I think that this group would be really beneficial to me to see where I can improve my training.  I hope to hear from you soon!! Good luck in your training and races in 2009

Adam

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137