General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 1st Tri. All these numbers! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-21 11:59 AM

New user

Pembroke Pines
Subject: 1st Tri. All these numbers!

I'm running my first sprint tri this weekend (Key Biscayne, Fl) I've been training hard and am in good shape so the actual race itself isn't as daunting as all these numbers! I have a small 2/2 inch number with adhesive, a regular race bib number that I'm guessing I wear when I'm running and another strip of adhesive number that's about 3 inches wide and 10 inches long with my race number on both ends. Where do all these numbers go?

Thanks for the help

2008-08-21 12:32 PM
in reply to: #1618941

User image

Elite
DC Metro, slowly working my way to NC
Subject: RE: 1st Tri. All these numbers!
The "regular" race number is for the run.  The little sticker is for your bike helmet and the larger one w/ the number on it goes on your bike.  Usually they put in a handout w/the packet showing where on the bike they want you to put the number.  If nothing else, you can ask someone when you get to transition setup to make sure it's in the right place.
2008-08-21 12:42 PM
in reply to: #1618941

User image

Extreme Veteran
Seattle

edit - yeah, just what the post above says.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, since I have completed exactly one tri...

"small 2/2 inch number with adhesive" - This is to go on your helmet.

"regular race bib number that I'm guessing I wear when I'm running" - That's right.  This may sound obvious but attach the number before the race - either to your top or to a race belt.  It was pretty funny to see some people trying to operate safety pins after the swim with shaky hands...

"strip of adhesive number that's about 3 inches wide and 10 inches long with my race number on both ends" - If I'm not mistaken this should go over the top tube on your bike so that the number is visible from both sides.

Good luck for the race.

Edited by danielc 2008-08-21 12:45 PM
2008-08-21 4:44 PM
in reply to: #1619079

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY

I've been there with the shaky hands trying to operate the safety pins after coming out of the water.

Unfortunately, I had pinned the number to my shirt before the race, I had just been so nervous about it that I pinned it through the shirt and couldn't get the freaking thing on. So first I had to unpin it, then pin it correctly. Try to put the shirt on again. Find out that I'm a double bonehead and put 2 pins through the other side. Talk about a long transition.

Solution: race belt.

2008-08-21 4:48 PM
in reply to: #1619807

marmadaddy - 2008-08-21 5:44 PM

I've been there with the shaky hands trying to operate the safety pins after coming out of the water.

Unfortunately, I had pinned the number to my shirt before the race, I had just been so nervous about it that I pinned it through the shirt and couldn't get the freaking thing on. So first I had to unpin it, then pin it correctly. Try to put the shirt on again. Find out that I'm a double bonehead and put 2 pins through the other side. Talk about a long transition.

Solution: race belt.

x2. Best $7 spent.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 1st Tri. All these numbers! Rss Feed