General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » RE: 1st Tri ( in more ways than one)... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-23 11:22 AM

Camden, NJ
Subject: RE: 1st Tri ( in more ways than one)...
I am going to need some help. I live in south jersey and I know I will need encouragement and a training partner. If there is anyone new to triathlons that is in similiar circumstances let me know. I would like to partner before I try and join A club because I know I have a long ways to go and do not want to hold anyone in the club back and I also do not get around to training till the late morning or early afternoon. If interested send an email.

2008-10-23 6:21 PM
in reply to: #1761450

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Post in the NJ forum - more local folks will see it. Also, most tri clubs are totally welcoming toward newbies and I would think they have group workouts at a beginner pace. They'll probably even let you try a couple meetings/sessions before committing to joining. That's how a tri club shoudl operate anyhoo!

To get to the NJ forum, click on US Training and Who's Racing link in the forum listing, then look for NJ. Good luck!
2008-10-24 1:22 AM
in reply to: #1762654

Camden, NJ
Thank you for the information!
2008-10-25 5:25 AM

User image

Expert
Long Island NY

Good Luck llura

2008-10-29 11:55 AM

Extreme Veteran
Morris County, NJ

Hello Llura,

Boy do I know how you feel.  I am always so afraid that I will drag down a group too.  But, I've learned that even though I am usually pulling up the rear, most groups are really supportive.   Also, I have found it really helpful to train with people who are beyond my fitness level.  They are generally more experienced and knowledgeable, and working out with them pushes me further than I push myself.  Keep in mind, if they formed a club, they were anticipating members of all levels.  Don't be so self-deprecating--I'll bet you are capable of more than you think.  I am in NJ too, and have had a great time with the Tri Club at the Somerset Hills YMCA.  The TriWomen in Scotch Plains/Fanwood/Bridgewater are the most supportive group of women I have ever met.  Aslo, I've read a lot of great comments about the Jersey Sore Tri Club.  Find a group and join it.  You will be relieved when you do.

Happy training, and good luck to you. 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » RE: 1st Tri ( in more ways than one)... Rss Feed