Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Tri training and seminars offered in Tecumseh Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-13 3:48 PM

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
Subject: Tri training and seminars offered in Tecumseh

I received this email - sorry if it's already common knowledge:

Read below to find out more information on training opportunities from Loaring Physiotherapy & Loaring Personal Coaching.

Loaring Physiotherapy Loaring Personal Coaching have several exciting opportunies for beginner and veteran triathletes in 2009.

Free group multi-sport training sessions are being held twice monthly on Sunday mornings in the new Loaring Physiotherapy gym in Tecumseh. Participants come together for an indoor bike, outdoor or indoor run, core/yoga session, and social brunch. The next Group Training Days are scheduled for Jan 25, Feb 8, Feb 22, and Mar 1. More information can be found here.

Loaring Physiotherapy is also hosting an interactive 3-part Triathlon Seminar for Beginner/Intermediate Triathletes on February 3, 10, and 17. Each seminar features videos, sample drills and workouts, race strategy, equipment discussion, injury prevention, season planning, and more. Space is limited to the first 25 applicants. More information can be found here. A Core Stability Seminar Series will also be offered in March, 2009.

Loaring Personal Coaching (LPC) will be hosting a Florida Training Camp during March Break (March 15 - 22) in Clermont Florida. Head coach and professional triathlete James Loaring will be directing the camp, with Registered Physiotherapist Charlotte Loaring assisting. Please visit here for more information, or contact James Loaring directly at 519-562-5231. 

Charlotte Loaring, BPHE, BSc(PT), RPT

Registered Physiotherapist

Loaring Physiotherapy & Health Centre

13126 Tecumseh Rd. E.

Tecumseh, ON  N8N 3T6

Tel: 519-739-2700

Fax: 519-739-2708

Cell: 519-257-3762

www.loaring.com

Windsor Spinergize - Saturday March 7th 

www.windsorspinathon.com 

We are kicking off the year with our second annual spinathon. Last year’s event proved to be highly 

successful for a first year event and we hope to expand this year as the feedback from the our 

survey proved to be very positive. We at Hospice have asked Keith Henry to become our event 

chairperson and he has accepted along with last year’s committee members. Keith is very active in 

our triathlon community and along with his proven ability to organize and lead as he is the CEO of 

Windsor Mold we are looking forward to an even better event this year. This event is for everyone, 

as this is a fundraiser we try to make sure everyone of different fitness levels can participate. New 

this year in all Fitness for Hospice events we will be working with www.onlineregistrations.com, so 

you can sigh up and pledge online. Sign up with your friends or have the company you work for 

enter a team. 

5KM Spring Thaw – Sunday, March 8th  

www.runningfactory.com 

.The next event will be held at the Running Factory on Wyandotte St. in Old Riverside. This is a 

great early season event with over 400 plus participants that kicks off the Running Factory’s season 

of running events. Gary and his staff at the Running Factory have done a great job over the years 

and we expect that this year’s race will be no different. This run also features kid’s events. 

The Subway Cardio Challenge – May 4-18 and May 26 

Last year’s event surprised everyone with not only monies raised $ 12,000, but the turnout from 

the area schools as we had over 3,000 kids walk with Jared of Subway. This event once again will 

have a strong emphasis on not only grade school kids, but we also plan to expand to area high 

schools this year as Subway has come up with a plan to motivate these schools to participate. Not 

to be forgotten as we also work with area fitness clubs such as Refine Fitness where they led all 

clubs with over $3,000 pledged. As we get closer to May I will update everyone with more details 

as we plan on having a web site www.cardiochallenge.ca created for this event and that should 

provide everyone with more details about the event. 

3rd Annual Belle River Lighthouse Inn 

Triathlon and Duathlon – May 31st. 

This event is an extension of our annual Tim Hortons triathlon-duathlon week, with many of our 

committee members helping out with this event. The goal of this event is to give everyone a well 

organized experience while still maintaining the feel of a local race that everyone can just show up 

and participate. Please look to our web site www.windsortriathon.com in the upcoming months for 

more information regarding this event. This early season race will be a great way to kick off your 

triathlon season. 

WINDSOR 

T 

R 

I 

A 

T 

HL 

ON · DUATH 

LO 

N 

LighthouseINN 

CHALLENGE 

Swim · Walk · Run · Bike 

IT IS ThAT TIMe oF yeAR AgAIn AS We AT The hoSpICe oF WInDSoR & eSSex 

CounTy InC. WouLD LIKe To LeT eveRyone KnoW ABouT upCoMIng FITneSS 

FoR hoSpICe evenTS ThAT MAy InTeReST you. 

Lifestyles Fitness Clubs / Running Factory Kids Camp 

July 27-29th  

www.windsortriathlon.com 

As this will be our 5th year for this camp we expect that the camp should once again fill up as we 

limit it to only 75. Once again the camp staff will be under the direction of Danielle McKibbon Ed- 

wards and her all volunteer staff of teachers from our triathlon community. Each year we try to add 

something different as last year we had Vicky Mikhail from the Teen Health centre talk to each child 

about nutrition and how it relates to not only exercise but also their everyday life. New this year we 

will be moving our camp up one week as this camp always ran during the week of our Tim Hortons 

triathlon weekend and we felt that it was time to move camp as we are all very busy as we head 

into the triathlon weekend. 

20th Annual Windsor St. Clair Rotary Kids of Steel  

Saturday, August 8th 

www.windsortriathlon.com 

To be held with 400 plus kids of all ages descending on Sandpoint Beach. As this will be our 20th 

year we plan on recognizing a few of our sponsors that have been with us from the beginning, plus 

the kids will receive a gift to highlight the fact that this is the longest continues Kids of Steel race 

held in Canada each year. 

14th Annual Tim hortons Triathlon & Duathlon 

Sunday, August 10th 

www.windsortriathlon.com 

Takes place also at Sandpoint Beach with over 400 participants. As in past year’s Sundays events 

has something for everyone from the beginner to a race that features some of North America’s best 

tri-athletes. We have a few new changes that we plan on making for this year to help maintain our 

goal of always putting you the athlete first while still being able to raise money for our charity of 

choice. As we confirm these changes we will let you know as you will receive future e-mails about 

upcoming events. 

The Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc. through this race has received over $450,000 over 

the years and they are very appreciative of everyone’s support from the great volunteers to our 

sponsors and you the participant.  

14th Annual hockey for hospice 

www.hockeyforhospice.com 

In December from the 26th to 28th Hospice in partnership with Freedom 55, raps up the year by 

hosting over 70 hockey teams. This tournament is made up of both travel and house league teams 

that include both boys and girls. Since it inception this event under the direction of Tim Beaulieu 

the staff at London Life and his family and friends  have been able to raise over $1,000,000 for The 

Hospice of Windsor and Essex County Inc. 

please note that both our websites www.cardiochallenge.ca as well as 

www.fitnessforhospice.com are under construction. 

TR 

IATH 

LON 

TRY-A 

-TR 

I 

DU 

AT 

HL 

O 

N 

K 

I 

D 

S 

O 

ST 

EEL 

WINDSOR 

TRIATHLON 

WEEKEND

2009-01-13 4:30 PM
in reply to: #1905294

Veteran
Windsor, Ontario via the Detroit Tunnel
Subject: RE: Tri training and seminars offered in Tecumseh
No, it is not common knowledge, so thanks for posting it. The new clinic is only 3 miles from my house. I hope to see you there on the 25th. I will be on the Varese.

Tim
2009-01-14 3:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ontario
Charlotte is my physiotherapist, so I was aware of the biweekly sessions on Sundays but have not attended one yet. I have heard that they attract a friendly group with a wide range of tri experience. The new Loaring physiotherapy facility is very impressive if you are looking for help with a sports related injury.
2009-01-14 9:31 PM

I'm planning on geting out there for the next date I believe the 25th..from what my friend says it is a great group!
2009-01-18 9:32 AM

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
I am planning on attending! Pot luck next week sounds like fun too!

Here is more infor from their web:

Our first Loaring Physio Training Day of 2009 had a great turnout of 30 athletes from a variety of backgrounds. Below you'll find the schedule for the rest of the winter season. These sessions are free. We hope you'll be able to join us.

Upcoming Group Training Days at Loaring Physiotherapy:

Sun Jan 25
Sun Feb 8
Sun Feb 22
Sun Mar 1

Group training days are designed for athletes of all ages & abilities. The main purpose is to bring lots of positive energy into one room, take part in some excellent training and learning, and leave with a smile, some motivation, and a happy belly.

Sunday January 25 Schedule:
Doors Open: 7:30am
Bike Start: 8:00am
Run Start: 10:00am
Core/Stretch Start: 10:50am
Potluck Brunch (onsite at Loaring): 11:30am

An onsite potluck brunch will follow the Jan 25th Training Day. If you wish to stay for after the Training Day to enjoy some great recovery food, then please bring a dish of your choice, and note that there is no oven onsite (fridge & microwave only).

There is no cost for Group Training Days, and no need to RSVP. You may come and go as you wish. Workouts can and should be altered to accommodate current level of fitness and development. Feel free to pass this on to others who might be interested.

Please bring:
1. bike
2. indoor trainer
3. indoor/outdoor clothing
4. large towel
5. fluids/food for during workout

Workouts provided by LPC Head Coach James Loaring, and led by Registered Physiotherapist Charlotte Loaring. Audio-visual motivation via flat screen tv slideshow, good tunes, and great company!

Edited by tabbs 2009-01-18 9:33 AM
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Tri training and seminars offered in Tecumseh Rss Feed