Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Cobourg Triathlon - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-26 10:26 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Cobourg Triathlon - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Hello fellow triathletes.

Just wanted to post a note to say good luck to those who will be racing in Cobourg this weekend. It will be my first official triathlon race (Sprint) and I CAN'T WAIT. After 550km plus in training and overcoming the swimming (I thought would be my weak point) I am ready.

Enjoyed it so much I am going to do one or two more before the season end and plan on Olympic and halfs next year.

So happy I have joined the triathlon community. All the best to everyone on the weekend and have a great race!

2009-08-26 11:01 AM
in reply to: #2371593

User image

Bowmanville
Subject: RE: Cobourg Triathlon - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Thanks. Good luck to you too! I will see you there.
Thanks for the offers to hook up to train prior, but like many of us, training with families and other responsibilities does force us to be solo trainers a little more than we prefer.
Glad to hear your confident with your swimming, good job getting it to where you wanted it.
I just had a great session in the pool last night as well, and am not fearful of the starting swim either.

Good luck everyone looks like a good weekend!
2009-08-26 12:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Good luck to all of you racing on either day.

I unfortunately have to forfeit Saturday's race, my left calf and foot need to be in good shape for Muskoka 70.3.

Cheers and have fun! Smile

2009-08-28 6:33 AM

New user

As this weekend will be my first Tri I have a stupid question. Will everyone be wearing a wetsuit on Sunday? Since I am w/out one, is it advisable to get one (I would prefer to rent one) or just bare the cold water? Thanks all.
2009-08-28 7:33 AM

User image

Bowmanville

Well, I must admit I am choosing to brave the cold water, but with the way the temperature is going, that water will be 70 at best, just guessing. If you dont like cold water, or you know your body wont like it maybe consider renting one, I know I have been told it is in your best interests to do so. And they are probably right.
But I know my stubborness, and I am going without one. But i also enjoy swimming in colder than normal water, so, I find pools way to warm, almost uncomfortable.
So if you decide to brave it, know that you wont be the only one!

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Cobourg Triathlon - GOOD LUCK EVERYONE Rss Feed