Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Peach Classic Tri- Penticton Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-13 12:25 AM

User image

100 Mile House
Subject: Peach Classic Tri- Penticton
I am thinking of trying the olympic distance tri in Penticton on July 17,just wondering about the swim from anyone who has done it in the past.Can you wear a wetsuit? and about resting,are there bouys close by ,or I see by the map there are rafts along the course.Can you use these to hold onto to rest?My swim is not the greatest but I can probably do it if i am able to rest periodicaly.

2011-06-13 12:03 PM
in reply to: #3545464

User image

Elite
Oliver, BC, "Wine Capital of Canada"
Subject: RE: Peach Classic Tri- Penticton

I can't recall in the history of the Peach Classic that wet suits were ever disallowed. 

There are usually only a few buoy markers that are placed for sighting. Don't know about the rules of hanging onto them though.

2011-06-13 12:18 PM

Peach classic was my first open water wetsuit tri a couple years back.  I found the swim very comfortable because of how shallow the water was and how for much of the swim you could see the bottom which was kind of reassuring.  You can rest in your wetsuit as much as you like if you roll on your back, that is how I started!  The Peach is a nice event and tough to beat Penticton that time of year.  Good Luck.
2011-06-14 11:35 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-06-14 11:53 AM
in reply to: #3546415

100 Mile House
Ok thanks for the info,yes with the wetsuit i should be able to float well enough to rest,without a suit I sink so treading water is very difficult and tiring for me.I will practice ows and see how I do,there is also a sprint distance so if I feel like I will have too hard of a time with the 1500m swim I may just do the sprint altho I would like the challenge of the 40k bike 10k run of the oly distance I don't want to dnf because of the swim(I really am not that great of a swimmer)
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Peach Classic Tri- Penticton Rss Feed