Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Wasaga Beach ?'s Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-24 1:05 PM

User image

Subject: Wasaga Beach ?'s

Hi All

Wondering if I could pick your brains in regards to the Wasaga Beach Tri in September. I have done some Tri's in the past but this is the only one I am doing this year.  I was thinking of going sans wetsuit but I have never done Wasaga before and was wondering what the water temp. is generally like around this time of year. Also is the run to transition fairly long? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks

2011-06-24 2:06 PM
in reply to: #3565968

Veteran
Waterloo, Ontario
Subject: RE: Wasaga Beach ?'s

I was at Wasaga recreationally the week before the race last year and the water was totally swimmable.

One notable point I've heard from friends is that the swim involves a very long run out to water that is actually deep enough to swim in, since the underwater slope at Wasaga is extremely shallow.

2011-06-24 6:39 PM
in reply to: #3566109

User image

Thanks for the info. Would you know how long the run to T1 is once you exit the water?

I am dong the Sprint and am wondering if it is worth the hassle of stripping the wetsuit. Is the run long enough that I could begin stripping on the way to T1?

2011-06-24 7:37 PM

Last year the water was freezing! I have never before felt like swimming with my face out of the water because it was so cold. I am a bit of a wimp with water temperature but I recall most people complaining of the water temp.
2011-06-24 8:02 PM

User image

Expert
I did the race in 2006 but the swim was cancelled that year due to major waves (I still wanted to swim  .  I was planning on racing without a wetsuit (it was before I owned one) but the water temps were supposed to be super cold, so I was scrambling the week before to see if I could find one, but it was too late (didn't end up mattering afterall).  it is a fairly long swim, but not as long as say Welland.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Wasaga Beach ?'s Rss Feed