General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike disapiontment Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-16 11:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boston, MA
Subject: Bike disapiontment
So my original plan... take my older brothers MTB that has been sitting in my parents shed for a couple years and bring it down to my newly moved into apartment so i can train on it for the summer..(after i sent it to the bike shop for a nice tune up obviously)

But unfortunatly my brother was slightly shorter a few years ago than i had hoped and i felt like i was going to destroy my knees on the handle bars every time i pedaled... so needless to say i'm lacking a bike to train on... i'll just have to deal with the stationary bikes at the gym for now....

I've even considered picking up a cheap bike from salvation army and fixing it up to train on... (i'm not nearly as financially well off as i wish...) but i'm sure i'll figure out something... so if anyone knows of any bikes that you are nice enough to donate to the jameson bull tri fund... feel free to let me know

2004-05-17 7:30 AM
in reply to: #25338

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Bike disapiontment
Goodwill Services sometimes has nice bikes that can be had for a few dollars. I would also suggest that you look your local cycling and triathlon web sites; members oftern have some fairly decent bikes for sale which you could work out a good deal for and maybe even a pay schedule. There are plenty of good quality usable road bikes out there just wasting away in people's garages waiting for a loving owner to return them to their former glory. And don't forget the garage sales.

Edited by Machiavelo 2004-05-17 7:30 AM
2004-05-17 7:35 AM

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
well, my mother of all people told me about this site a few nights ago.  My cousins are selling a lot of stuff (including bikes) and listed it on this site....for pick-up only.  Anyhow, I browsed and found a few things that may interest you.  Check out www.craigslist.org and click on an area near you on the right side of the page.
2004-05-17 10:23 AM

User image

Master
Sonoma County, CA
OH MY GOSH!
I TOTALLY JUST REMEMBERED.

A friend of mine did an article on this a couple months back....

It's called http://www.propertyroom.com.

Basically, police recover stolen goods that never get claimed and most don't have the budgets to go out and sell them themselves. These two cops from NY set up this website and catalog the items and sell them for CHEAP on the site.

and they have BIKES!
http://www.stealitback.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfn...

good luck.

nt

Edited by crpadiem 2004-05-17 10:24 AM
2004-05-17 10:49 AM
in reply to: #25380

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
can u imagine how pi**ed I'd be to find my kid's stolen RockHopper on a webpage like that? The local PD wouldn't even let me look thru the stuff they had, as if I were the criminal.

anyhow, I hope he finds a bike!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike disapiontment Rss Feed