Other Resources The Political Joe » Looking in from the outside on the shutdown Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-03 11:50 PM

User image

Master
Beijing
Subject: Looking in from the outside on the shutdown
It is clear that there is an economic cost for the fairness and equality of a rule-of-law system and constitutionalism. Only then is it a true democracy; the shutdown is just the result of a two-party standoff. Only in this kind of society do you have rule and order, not tyranny. China isn’t like that. The government runs extremely smoothly — no need at all to worry that it might shut down. In this regard, I envy the U.S. - See more at: http://www.tealeafnation.com/2013/10/chinas-surprising-reaction-to-... id="stcpDiv" style="position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;">It is clear that there is an economic cost for the fairness and equality of a rule-of-law system and constitutionalism. Only then is it a true democracy; the shutdown is just the result of a two-party standoff. Only in this kind of society do you have rule and order, not tyranny. China isn’t like that. The government runs extremely smoothly — no need at all to worry that it might shut down. In this regard, I envy the U.S. - See more at: http://www.tealeafnation.com/2013/10/chinas-surprising-reaction-to-... id="stcpDiv" style="position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;">It is clear that there is an economic cost for the fairness and equality of a rule-of-law system and constitutionalism. Only then is it a true democracy; the shutdown is just the result of a two-party standoff. Only in this kind of society do you have rule and order, not tyranny. China isn’t like that. The government runs extremely smoothly — no need at all to worry that it might shut down. In this regard, I envy the U.S. - See more at: http://www.tealeafnation.com/2013/10/chinas-surprising-reaction-to-... data-ft="{"tn":"K"}" data-reactid=".r[61xh].[1][4][1]{comment10201618526697610_5843334}.[0].{right}.[0].{left}.[0].[0].[0][3]">"It is clear that there is an economic cost for the fairness and equality of a rule-of-law system and constitutionalism. Only then is it a true democracy; the shutdown is just the result of a two-party standoff. Only in this kind of society do you have rule and order, not tyranny. China isn’t like that. The government runs extremely smoothly — no need at all to worry that it might shut down. In this regard, I envy the U.S."

2013-10-03 11:52 PM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

Master
Beijing
Subject: RE: Looking in from the outside on the shutdown

Interesting.  blank post, and I can't edit it.  

Here's the article I was linking to:

http://www.tealeafnation.com/2013/10/chinas-surprising-reaction-to-the-u-s-government-shutdown-2/

2013-10-04 12:05 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Eh....the view is fine from the inside.  My wife is cranky, extra hours with no guarantee of any pay, much less extra pay for extra work.  She got word today that she can expect to work the Columbus Day holiday as well. Oh....the horror!!  We're happy to have the careers we always wanted and all that comes with it.  Pretty small potatoes in the big picture.  It is what it is.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-10-04 12:06 AM
2013-10-04 6:37 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

My wife is a stay at home mom and the kids are 19 (off to college) 17, and 15.  She's starting to think about what she wants to do when our youngest goes off to college.  She was talking last night about getting a Federal job because they're stable, have good benefits, and you can make good money.

I laughed and asked her if she' been watching the news lately.  But then she said she could join the FBI and be a special agent.  To which I said, omg, that's sexy.  ;-)

2013-10-04 7:01 AM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Looking in from the outside on the shutdown Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone actually affected by the shutdown? Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by BrianRunsPhilly
Views: 7364 Posts: 138

2013-10-09 9:36 PM Clempson
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 8, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How do I know if my cleats need to be adjusted? And how do you know in which direction to adjust them? I have been having medial knee pain and edema but my LBS says the cleat placement is fine.

date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?
date : April 5, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on river swims, speedsuits, road bike at IMKY, FOP IM pointers, saddle positioning, run8/walk2 method, treadmill to outside running, heelstriking and HRM on race day.

date : February 21, 2008
author : mikericci
Discussions on 1/2 Ironman race placement 3 weeks from a first IM, treadmill to outside run transition, 4 days on/5 off workday training schedule, trainer workouts and 30 days of swimming to get fast.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.