Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 34

2007-01-03 11:16 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: COgirl's Group - FULL

NAME: COgirl/Cathy

STORY: I'm 36.  I work part-time, have 2 kids, and go to school for a PhD.  I was always a runner and switched to triathlon for a change and to try something new.  And now I'm hooked!  I started doing triathlons in '04.  I had a baby in July, so I am essentially starting over again, but I figure now I can re-train the right way.  I love the challenge of triathlons and love motivating others!  I attempted to do my first marathon in 10/05 (Chicago) but broke my foot 10 minutes before the start of the race.  Then got pregnant and had to take off the '06 season.  So here I am.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to Macdaddy on this site, 2 kids, age 4 (girl) and 5 months (boy)

CURRENT TRAINING: I began training on my own, following a plan in "Training Plans for Multisport Athletes."  I started with a sprint and then another, then got crazy and did a 1/2 IM.  Now I am using a coach with a goal of getting to IM distance for '08.  This season, I'll be doing the 5430 series in Colorado (sprint, oly, and half), and possibly another half IM in October.  I am a techno geek and like gadgets, but can't say I fully know how to use my heart rate monitor yet.  I'm far from fast, but want to significantly improve my times.

LAST YEAR'S RACES: No races in '06 due to having a baby.  I've done sprints, olympics, and half-IMs.  I like all the distances! 

2007 RACES:  5430 series - sprint, olympic, and half-IM.  Maybe another half- IM later (SOMA in AZ).  I'm also doing some running races this winter and a winter duathlon series. 

WEIGHTLOSS: When I started tri training, I lost about 15-20 pounds.  Now post-baby, I have to lose again!  But I'm only 6 lbs. over pre-pregnancy weight now, so I'm getting there.

Looking forward to this!  It should be fun!

Edited by COgirl 2007-01-08 2:37 PM

2007-01-05 1:54 PM
in reply to: #641608

User image

Subject: RE: COgirl's Group - OPEN
Hi! I'd like to join your group

I 35 year old woman, married 4 1/2 years-- two little boys- 3 year old & 8 month old. I have never been in any type of race but have wanted to for years. I live about 1/4 of a mile from a small lake which is the starting and finishing point for a sprint tri. For the past 3 year my husband and I have watched the tri, him with a donut and me with envy of the racers! I have sign up for the 2007 July tri and just did my first coached swim workout last night. I'm scared. I really want to do this! I need to find balance between working part time, having a full time family, and working on my Masters in SPED. My biggest challange will be making and finding the time.

Fitness goals-- Feel strong healthy.... make it up the stairs with both kids and not feel like I'm going to pass out I am at my pre-baby weight, but seem to have a layer of jello on me. My clothes fit... but not the same way.

I would like to finish the race! (and not be last)

I have talked a co-worker into doing the tri with me. I think she is serious. We are taking the coached workout together.

Training-- not sure where to start... started with the swimming because the pool center is on campus (I'm a teacher)... will have to get a book and a trainer.

Edited by Trimomnewbe 2007-01-05 1:56 PM
2007-01-05 2:17 PM

New user

Can I join ya?

I'm 32... this will be my first Triathlon. I actually was training for the Danskin last year and for the first time EVER in my life was starting to actually enjoy working out. (I hated it before) I was seeing success not so much in weight loss (i have a chunk to lose) but more in strenght and body tone and was lovin' life... About 4 weeks before the race, i broke my foot and developed a disease called RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) which basically put me out of commission of any type of workout until October 2006. The first 2 weeks of having my broken foot i was dying to wrk out. By October I had lost that desire and gained about 15 lbs

I'm finally feeling ready to start working again. My foot is all back in shape and the RSD is gone and I'm going to try the Danskin again this summer.

Family Status: Married to Tim (who is also going to do a tri this summer- first one) with two boys (ages 3 and 5)

Current Training: None.. but just downloaded and printed Micheal Pate's Total Sprint (couch to finishline) plan and it seems doable.

Weight Loss: have some... actually mor ethan some.. but Im ore concerned with feeling good and toning up than actual weight.
2007-01-05 2:50 PM
in reply to: #643822

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Trimomnewbe - 2007-01-05 12:54 PM Hi! I'd like to join your group I 35 year old woman, married 4 1/2 years-- two little boys- 3 year old & 8 month old. I have never been in any type of race but have wanted to for years. I live about 1/4 of a mile from a small lake which is the starting and finishing point for a sprint tri. For the past 3 year my husband and I have watched the tri, him with a donut and me with envy of the racers! I have sign up for the 2007 July tri and just did my first coached swim workout last night. I'm scared. I really want to do this! I need to find balance between working part time, having a full time family, and working on my Masters in SPED. My biggest challange will be making and finding the time. Fitness goals-- Feel strong healthy.... make it up the stairs with both kids and not feel like I'm going to pass out I am at my pre-baby weight, but seem to have a layer of jello on me. My clothes fit... but not the same way. I would like to finish the race! (and not be last) I have talked a co-worker into doing the tri with me. I think she is serious. We are taking the coached workout together. Training-- not sure where to start... started with the swimming because the pool center is on campus (I'm a teacher)... will have to get a book and a trainer.

Hi Melissa!  Welcome to the group!  You crack me up!  Seems like we have lots in common too.  I also find that time management is a BIG issue.  The best thing that has worked for me so far is early morning workouts.  That, and planning with my husband, who also does triathlons.  It gets complicated with training when we both have long bike rides to do and obviously SOMEONE has to stay with the kids!  LOL! 

That is awesome that you have access to a pool AND a coach!  That will help a ton.  How about running and biking?  Have you started that yet?  And how did the swimming go?

No worries, you will do AWESOME this summer in that tri! 

Edited by COgirl 2007-01-05 2:51 PM
2007-01-05 3:00 PM
in reply to: #643885

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

stmphoto - 2007-01-05 1:17 PM Can I join ya? I'm 32... this will be my first Triathlon. I actually was training for the Danskin last year and for the first time EVER in my life was starting to actually enjoy working out. (I hated it before) I was seeing success not so much in weight loss (i have a chunk to lose) but more in strenght and body tone and was lovin' life... About 4 weeks before the race, i broke my foot and developed a disease called RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) which basically put me out of commission of any type of workout until October 2006. The first 2 weeks of having my broken foot i was dying to wrk out. By October I had lost that desire and gained about 15 lbs I'm finally feeling ready to start working again. My foot is all back in shape and the RSD is gone and I'm going to try the Danskin again this summer. Family Status: Married to Tim (who is also going to do a tri this summer- first one) with two boys (ages 3 and 5) Current Training: None.. but just downloaded and printed Micheal Pate's Total Sprint (couch to finishline) plan and it seems doable. Weight Loss: have some... actually mor ethan some.. but Im ore concerned with feeling good and toning up than actual weight.

Welcome to the group Joy!  Wow, that broken foot thing....it'll get you every time.    It's totally depressing to feel great and then have NO control with that kind of injury.  I know what that's like!  I'm SO glad the RSD is gone....that is a terrible disease! 

When is your tri?  And how many weeks is Michael's tri plan?  I'll have to look at that one.  It will help to take the date of your tri and count the weeks backwards to figure out when to start the plan.....and if the start date is not for a while, then doing a little base training helps (walking or walk/jog, biking, etc.) .....just as long as it isn't too strenuous!  Starting slow and progressing easily is best to prevent injury.  I am totally starting over after the baby, so I spent several weeks just doing "prep" work, like easy biking and walk/run mix. 

Danskin is a GREAT first race, that was also my first race ever in '04!   

2007-01-05 3:57 PM

New user

Hey Cathy- I have 3 weeks "spare" from Micheal's plan. It starts off pretty easy so Ill probably just "double up" a few weeks...

I have to get a new bike this year though.. my old tired mountain bike is not only heavy but it needs some new stuff anyway and rather then spend the $ repairing it, I think i'll get a new one. Any suggestions?

Joy

2007-01-05 4:23 PM
in reply to: #644103

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

stmphoto - 2007-01-05 2:57 PM Hey Cathy- I have 3 weeks "spare" from Micheal's plan. It starts off pretty easy so Ill probably just "double up" a few weeks... I have to get a new bike this year though.. my old tired mountain bike is not only heavy but it needs some new stuff anyway and rather then spend the $ repairing it, I think i'll get a new one. Any suggestions? Joy

Just to clarify for my own brain, does that mean you are "in" week 3 of the training plan?  I looked at the plan....looks great!  Nice that it is 22 weeks. 

Ah, bikes.  Budget is the MAIN issue.  I suggest a road bike, skip the tri bikes - the tri bikes are stiff and have an aggressive geometry, making them less comfortable.  I suggest a road bike, because it will be more versatile....you can use it in more settings!  My first bike was a used Specialized Allez.  It was too big for me so I no longer have it.  Some popular first time bikes that aren't ridiculously expensive are the Giant OCR 1,2 or 3.  What do you know about bike components?  Lighter is better ideally.  Good shifters and a good rear derailleur are important.  Shimano is the most common brand on bikes and they go in this order of higher to lower quality (and highest to lowest cost): Dura Ace, Ultegra, 105, Tiagra, Sora. 

So, that said, I see a visit to the bike shop in your future!  Cost, size, and components in my opinion are the most important things!  If you have any other questions, just ask!

Do you intend to use the training log?  I have already visited it   I LOVE the logs....I started logging in 2/04 and it's cool to go back to the beginning to see my progress! 

2007-01-05 4:27 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

One other thought on bikes.  They do not come with pedals, (unless you buy used) so consider the cost of pedals and shoes (if getting clipless pedals) also when looking! 

I think the term "clipless" is a misnomer, because your feet are attached (or as I say "clipped in" to the pedals.  There are "toe clips" where you can wear your sneakers and there are metal or plastic "clips" that go over your shoes, used with platform pedals.  The toe clips are the reason for the other pedals being called "clipless." 

BTW, I think clipless pedals are a GREAT investment....they help to improve speed a lot. 

2007-01-05 4:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi everyone-

Would love to join this group sounds like we my have some things in common. I am 34 years old mother of 8 and 10 year old girl and boy. I am currently working FT and going to grad school to get my masters in SPED too ! I have alot of flexibility in training as I work from home and have a fabulous hubby!

I got gestational diabetes with my first child and gained 70 lbs never lost all of it then gained 30 with my second. I have struggled with sugar issues for several years. Went to the doc in June at 272 lbs and that was it for me!!!! Since then I joined a mountain biking club and started spinning class....walking and anything else to sweat! I have lost almost 70 lbs at this point (205). My goal weight is currently 175....I am large boned and 5-10.

I swam all through high school and college and am currently swimming three times a week with an aggresive masters groups. I have only ridden a mountain bike but can maintain great speeds and my endurance has gotten really good. I am currently looking to purchase a beginner road bike. I can walk 5 miles no problem but am a HORRIBLE runner. Working on the now, using the couch to 5k program. My husband goes with me. The run will be my struggle, but I think it won't hurt as much as I lose more weight.

I currently signed up for a sprint tri in June, 750 meter swim, 17 mile bike, and 5k run. I needed a goal and something to train for.

I would love to ask a million questions to someone who has been here! Most are about training and equiptment.

Look forward to talking to you all

Heather
2007-01-05 5:05 PM

New user

OMG Heather.. I think we are like soul sisters or something. We are same height/weight, and honestly i HATE running. My goal is to FINISH my first Tri and not be in the last 10%. Even if I walk the run. (or i'll walk it and then just run the last block. ha ha) People talk about runner's high but I don't buy it. Maybe my mind can be changed though.. I'm open.

I love to swim, and I like to bike too. Glad to have you with us
2007-01-05 5:10 PM
in reply to: #644214

User image

Veteran
Subject: Hi
Nice to "meet" you too! Yep even at 140 lbs in high school I HATED running and I keep hoping it will get easier !!!!

We will get through it. Also did not mention this is my first tri too!!!!

I am nervous/excited/scared about it....

Talk to you soon!

Heather

2007-01-05 5:18 PM
in reply to: #644208

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

countregirl - 2007-01-05 3:58 PM Hi everyone- Would love to join this group sounds like we my have some things in common. I am 34 years old mother of 8 and 10 year old girl and boy. I am currently working FT and going to grad school to get my masters in SPED too ! I have alot of flexibility in training as I work from home and have a fabulous hubby! I got gestational diabetes with my first child and gained 70 lbs never lost all of it then gained 30 with my second. I have struggled with sugar issues for several years. Went to the doc in June at 272 lbs and that was it for me!!!! Since then I joined a mountain biking club and started spinning class....walking and anything else to sweat! I have lost almost 70 lbs at this point (205). My goal weight is currently 175....I am large boned and 5-10. I swam all through high school and college and am currently swimming three times a week with an aggresive masters groups. I have only ridden a mountain bike but can maintain great speeds and my endurance has gotten really good. I am currently looking to purchase a beginner road bike. I can walk 5 miles no problem but am a HORRIBLE runner. Working on the now, using the couch to 5k program. My husband goes with me. The run will be my struggle, but I think it won't hurt as much as I lose more weight. I currently signed up for a sprint tri in June, 750 meter swim, 17 mile bike, and 5k run. I needed a goal and something to train for. I would love to ask a million questions to someone who has been here! Most are about training and equiptment. Look forward to talking to you all Heather

Welcome aboard Heather!  Congrats on your amazing wt loss!  That is great!  You wouldn't happen to be doing the 5430 sprint in June, would you?  Its the 17 mile bike that makes me think that.....if so, I'll be there! 

Ask away!  I know what it's like to have a bazillion questions and not know where to turn!  That is what makes this mentoring program so cool.  When are you going bike shopping? 

It's great that you have a swimming background (that is my main problem area).  I am totally a runner, so I think we can all help each other out!    Masters groups are awesome for swimming! 

Welcome!  I am so excited to talk with all of you more! 

2007-01-05 5:20 PM
in reply to: #644214

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

stmphoto - 2007-01-05 4:05 PM People talk about runner's high but I don't buy it. Maybe my mind can be changed though.. I'm open.

LOL!  It's real, I swear!  For me, I have to run at least 25 minutes to notice though.  Keep running!

2007-01-05 5:25 PM
in reply to: #644237

User image

Veteran
Subject: Bikes
Hi---no I am in NC and it is the Tri Latta Sprint

I am going bike shopping next week....I am going to ride a friends road bike as well he is same height weight as me just to try it.....

I have a LBS where I live and they are really $$$$$. I spent alot of $$$ on a mountain bike in Nov. about $2500 so I feel a little guilty about getting another, but one thing I learned early on is not to skimp on quality.....

What is your opinion of road/tri bikes? I do not think I will ride any really long rides....I honestly do not even know where to begin!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Heather
2007-01-05 5:43 PM
in reply to: #644245

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Bikes

countregirl - 2007-01-05 4:25 PM Hi---no I am in NC and it is the Tri Latta Sprint I am going bike shopping next week....I am going to ride a friends road bike as well he is same height weight as me just to try it..... I have a LBS where I live and they are really $$$$$. I spent alot of $$$ on a mountain bike in Nov. about $2500 so I feel a little guilty about getting another, but one thing I learned early on is not to skimp on quality..... What is your opinion of road/tri bikes? I do not think I will ride any really long rides....I honestly do not even know where to begin!!! Thanks for your help!!!!! Heather

This is a good article that discusses the differences between road and tri bikes: http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/bikes/difference.shtml   This is a totally individual decision, but my advice is to start with a road bike.....If you get really serious about tri's, then I'd get a tri bike at that point.  My first bike was a road bike, now I have a tri bike and a road bike. 

Size, cost and components are the most impt things (to me anyway).  You have to get a bike that fits you, or you'll be miserable and want a different bike after one season!  Then you get into issues with the spouse/SO!  haha.  Get the BEST components on a bike that your BUDGET can be!  (impt point - had to highlight it!)  In a post above, I talked about Shimano components a bit. 

Sometimes, especially at this time of year, you can find a sweet deal on a last year's model bike.  I got my tri bike that way.  AND you can often negotiate price....it can't hurt to try anyway.  With my tri bike, I talked them down another $150! 

Does that help?  If you have any other questions, fire away!

2007-01-05 6:05 PM

User image

I'm glad to see all the talk about bikes.... I had no idea where to start. What about biking in the gym during winter? OK form of workout? I'm in MA and although it was 60 today (sooo strange) it will soon be cold for several months.

2007-01-05 7:16 PM
in reply to: #644287

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Trimomnewbe - 2007-01-05 5:05 PM I'm glad to see all the talk about bikes.... I had no idea where to start. What about biking in the gym during winter? OK form of workout? I'm in MA and although it was 60 today (sooo strange) it will soon be cold for several months.

Ha!  You want some snow?  I've got plenty to give away.   

Yes, by all means, bike in the gym.  It isn't exactly the same as outdoors, but it is still good, so go for it!

Do you know about bike trainers?  It isn't necessary to have, but here's the information!  It's a thing you put your bike on (attach the back tire), and you can "ride" your own bike inside.  It becomes stationary.  Here's a link to a picture of one: http://www.cycle-ops.com/p-118-fluid.aspx  Trainers are all different prices, and the link to this one is pretty expensive.  Fluid trainers tend to be the best.  I have a Performance Bike brand trainer that I like a lot. 

There are also rollers: http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=123&subcategory=1087&brand=&sku=12675&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=Shop%20by%20Subcat%3A%20Trainers%20and%20Rollers  Rollers are more like actual riding as you need to stay balanced to be on it!

Sorry about the rambling....just want you to know all the options!

2007-01-06 1:44 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

One more article on bike components that I just found on the homepage of this site....good comparison of the various Shimano bike components!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1017

I want to hear about the bike shopping when it happens!

Who's working out today?

2007-01-06 3:04 PM

New user

okay.. so iI'm starting my plan probably tommorow as then the days will coincide best (per his suggestions for the 22 week plan) but Cathy, with 2 small kids and suh, how do you always fit in work outs? I am a photographer (I own a photography studio) and work probably 40-50 hours per week. Since i'm the "boss" i can be somewhat flexible but combine that with kiddos and its hard.
We do belong to a great gym with an indoor pool and treadmills.. i'm mostly worried about the biking and getting that all in. Tips?
2007-01-06 4:54 PM
in reply to: #644821

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

stmphoto - 2007-01-06 2:04 PM okay.. so iI'm starting my plan probably tommorow as then the days will coincide best (per his suggestions for the 22 week plan)

YAY!  I'll be watching your training log! 

but Cathy, with 2 small kids and suh, how do you always fit in work outs? I am a photographer (I own a photography studio) and work probably 40-50 hours per week. Since i'm the "boss" i can be somewhat flexible but combine that with kiddos and its hard. We do belong to a great gym with an indoor pool and treadmills.. i'm mostly worried about the biking and getting that all in. Tips?

Up until I had the baby, I was also working full-time, going to school full-time, and had only one child then, and my husband and I both trained for half-IMs.....so we had to fit in some BIG workouts!  I work part-time now, but have an infant so it's different!  Here are my best tips:

• early morning workouts.  I often get up at 5-ish to run or bike and no one even misses me.  I know that sounds freakish, but it is TRULY a huge time saver.  Try it for 2-3 weeks.  Commit to it and it gets easier!  THIS IS THE BIGGEST, MOST IMPT ONE!
  • you have a weekly plan of what you need to accomplish in Michael's plan....put it in your schedule.  Look at it every Sat or Sun and put in the upcoming week's workouts.  Also discuss with spouse/SO....are they supportive?
  • does your gym provide child care that you would trust?  a possible option
  • I have also hired babysitters on the weekend, say 9am-12pm, just so I can get some of the workouts done!
  • Using a bike trainer is a huge help too.  Then you can get that biking done in the early morning hours or another convenient time.  Of course there is a cost involved there
  • Be creative with your plan.....you might need to switch a swim day with a run to make things work

I'll add other ideas as time goes on.  I think I'm forgetting some tips! 

Good luck tomorrow!  I'm cheering for you from Colorado!

2007-01-07 6:59 AM

User image

Hi Ladies!

I'm with you on how to find the time to train! My biggest fear is not finding it...

I plan on early morning workouts... the coached swim class starts at 5:45 AM I'll be able to do that twice a week M & F (leave and be home before hubby goes to work). My third swim will be either Tue or Thur night @7pm. I was able to sign up for an online class...this will be a HUGE time saver in that I won't have to leave the house to go to class---meaning I can save the sitter and hubby for workouts. I need to find a plan... So far I'm thinking the 3 swim classes and I'll have time to ride the bike at the gym during my lunch hour.... HOWEVER... that's when I usually get a lot of my class reading done. UGH!!! TIME... where is it?

Good new is... I live on the run/bike route.... Hubby and I are taking the kids for a ride this morning to drive them. Should give me a good idea of what I'm in for as well as being able to practice on the actual route.

So, I need to get on a plan. Any book suggestions???

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!

2007-01-07 10:04 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Check out the training plans on this site.  There is a link on the home page.  There are a few books that might help.  One is Training Plans for Multisport Athletes by Bernhardt.  It has plans for everything from sprint distance to IM distance.  I think it's a pretty good book and I used plans from it for my first season.  Another book that is good for general info is Triathlon 101 by Mora....no plans, but has good basic info about the 3 disciplines, equipment, and race specifics like transitions, etc.

Have a great Sunday!  Let's see some spectacular workouts!  It's a rest day for me though   Kickin' back into gear tomorrow at 5:30 am with a run!

2007-01-07 12:10 PM

User image

Veteran
This is my rest day today as well did some abs and strength training this am...

This past weekend I on Satuday I swam 4000 yards with the masters in the big boys (fast) lane. It was REALLY hard but I am suprisingly not sore. This week my plan is;

Monday am cycle class PM a little running with hubby and kids
Tuesday am Masters swim
Wed rest day/strength training
Thursday am Masters Swim
Friday am Cycle class PM a little running with hubby and kids
Sat Masters Swim Am and run
Sun rest day/strength taining

I am going to test out a bike from a friend that is the same height/weight as me. I talked to my college roomate who is now a professional triathlete (see team Jelly Belly Alison Hayden) and she suggested getting a road bike unless you are a professional triathlete. She said for a beginner the geometry is too challenging and there is a large chance for injury. Her boyfriend designs bikes for TREK and is a professional for Trek Tri Team and he is going to make some suggestions.

http://www.nttcracing.com/

I am terrified of road riding. I will end up going REALLY early in the AM.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!

PS she also gave some great advice about not OVER training at first....she said to go with what feels right for your body....do not burn out. She said if it feels bad do not continue and try something else. I thought that was great advice.

Edited by countregirl 2007-01-07 12:15 PM
2007-01-07 2:04 PM
in reply to: #645301

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

countregirl - 2007-01-07 11:10 AM This is my rest day today as well did some abs and strength training this am... This past weekend I on Satuday I swam 4000 yards with the masters in the big boys (fast) lane. It was REALLY hard but I am suprisingly not sore. This week my plan is; Monday am cycle class PM a little running with hubby and kids Tuesday am Masters swim Wed rest day/strength training Thursday am Masters Swim Friday am Cycle class PM a little running with hubby and kids Sat Masters Swim Am and run Sun rest day/strength taining I am going to test out a bike from a friend that is the same height/weight as me. I talked to my college roomate who is now a professional triathlete (see team Jelly Belly Alison Hayden) and she suggested getting a road bike unless you are a professional triathlete. She said for a beginner the geometry is too challenging and there is a large chance for injury. Her boyfriend designs bikes for TREK and is a professional for Trek Tri Team and he is going to make some suggestions. http://www.nttcracing.com/I am terrified of road riding. I will end up going REALLY early in the AM. I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!! PS she also gave some great advice about not OVER training at first....she said to go with what feels right for your body....do not burn out. She said if it feels bad do not continue and try something else. I thought that was great advice.

Holy cow!  4000 yds is a lot!  Your plan looks great.   You are planning a sprint with a longer bike course right?  (normally a sprint has a 12 mi bike....so 17 is long).  Any other races? 

And what kind of mtn bike do you have?  curious

Your friend has great advice!  And please feel free to pass on the bike advice that you get if you don't mind.  I think everyone might benefit! 

Oh and if you ride early in the mornings and it is dark, get lights for your bike.  Probably safer to ride when it is light out anyway though   I was afraid of my road bike for a long time, in particular the clipless pedals.....but you gotta ride to get comfortable with it!  Hang tough!

2007-01-07 5:07 PM

User image

Veteran
My mountain bike is a TREK Fuel EX 9

I LOVE it!!!! I love the duel shocks....going from a hard tail to this was amazing and I won't go back.

It has been really rainy here so lots of mud and I have not been in a few weeks. I took a pretty bad tumble about a month ago so I am slowly getting back into it.....I guess everyone has to have at least one bad fall! Lots of blood but no broken bones thank goodness!

Do you mountain bike as well?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » COgirl's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 34