of 4

2008-12-19 4:50 PM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: Donto's Group FULL

Name: Donto / Don

Story/Family Status: I am a 43-year-old (soon to be 44) father of two young children ages 9 (jock boy) & 7 (princess girl) and am married to a wonderful woman.  

I’ve always been athletic.  Until I was 10, I grew up on in the country on an Indian Reservation without a lot of modern conveniences and was always running and riding my bike.  I took martial arts from 5th grade until 10th grade and again a few times as an adult.  In Middle school I ran track and cross-country and once did a 5:04 mile in a XC meet in 8th Grade, and played lacrosse.  In High school I played Football and Lacrosse. 

As an adult I played a lot of rec sports (flag football, softball, volleyball) until I was in my mid 30’s when we moved to FL and started our family.  When our youngest was one my wife and I decided it was time for us to get back into shape as we both experienced the ups & downs of the two pregnancies, I peaked at 205 lbs!  Super Bowl Sunday 2002 was my first run in eons, 1.6 miles and I died.  I had a hard time staying with workouts even though we joined the local YMCA, but was able to get a hook in running.  I had no goal to get me to were I wanted to be, back to 170 lbs of “twisted steel and sex appeal!”  My business partner, who's life is an emulation of mine (work and family), had a business associate/friend that was a Ironman triathlete.  Well he got the kick and more or less it rubbed off on me.  In the fall of 2002 started to ride my MTB to/from work and did a team sprint were I rode the bike, I loved the triathlon event atmosphere!  I was determined to do better and did more unstructured training and in the spring of 2003 I got an over use leg injury that nixed my fist tri attempt.  I started running a lot in ’03 and did several run races in the fall/winter of ’03/04 and did another team tri event (Oly) in the fall of ’03.  

In the February of 2004 I found BT and officially became a TRIATHLETE that April.  I gradually progressed until the spring of 2006 when I dedicated myself to doing training plans and signed up for a HIM.  Started logging my training details and learned much along the way regarding the use of Heart Rate Monitoring, RPE, and Nutrition, all from the folks here on BT.

Injuries: I suffer from back issues here and there related to a bad ski accident I had in early 2001.  Had calf issues early on and starting the summer of 2007 I've been dealing with a foot issue (plantar Fasciitis) when I first tried to train for a 1/2 Marathon.  The PF took me out of the game for awhile and I did what I could do around it.  Also suffered a grade 2 hamstring pull in Dec of 07 playing a flag football game. Time and therapy heals all wounds and I began training again with a focus in August of 08 for an Oly.

2008 Races: I did 1 Sprint and 1 Olympic. I also did a 58 mile bike ride on one of the hardest rides one can do in FL for hills (Clermont/Sugarloaf).  This was a year of transition for me, part of the ebb and flow of training and racing I've come to accept!

2009 Races:  1/2 Marathon on tap for Feb 8th.  A local Sprint in June that I've done every year since 2004.  If the HIM goes well, I'll see what I can do for a possible Marathon in November or Feb 2010.  In the mean time I'll do another local Olympic race in October.

Current Training: It's all about the run right now as I've been training for the Feb 8th 1/2 Marathon since Oct 20th, so far so good.  Two weeks after the 1/2M I'll begin a 20 week HIM training plan for the Mussleman HIM in July.  I have restarted strength training again and hitting the Core and do stretching.  Bike and swimming for now are just part of the lifesytle without focus.

Weight loss: Was 205lbs ~30% body fat in early 2002, and have been down to 172lbs and ~9% bodyfat (HIM).  Time for me to focus on this issue before the 1/2M! 

What will make me a good Mentor/Wrapping It Up: This will be my 2nd time as a mentor as I did one in 2007 with a good group of beginners that have done some great things.  I like to share with others all that I have learned over the years that worked or didn't work for me.  I'm not a know-it-all, but love to research and try things.  Checkout my training log and I hope I can assist you with making a wonderful lifestyle change.

Edited by Donto 2008-12-29 12:43 PM

2008-12-27 9:54 AM
in reply to: #1864093

Subject: RE: Donto's Group Open

Hi Donto!

I want to join the mentor training program.  I read through some of the profiles, and yours caught my eye!   I am a 22 year old female, living in South Florida.  I used to play soccer and ran XC one season in high school.  After graduating from college a few months ago, I've realized how much I miss feeling healthy and in shape.  I'm too young to let this pass.  In turn, I want to get back in shape, and have always had a dream of running a triathlon.  Would training for a 5K first better?  I am open to any suggestions. 

Looking forward to hearing back!

Alex 

2008-12-28 3:42 PM
in reply to: #1873384

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
alixr12 - 2008-12-27 10:54 AM

Hi Donto!

I want to join the mentor training program.  I read through some of the profiles, and yours caught my eye!   I am a 22 year old female, living in South Florida.  I used to play soccer and ran XC one season in high school.  After graduating from college a few months ago, I've realized how much I miss feeling healthy and in shape.  I'm too young to let this pass.  In turn, I want to get back in shape, and have always had a dream of running a triathlon.  Would training for a 5K first better?  I am open to any suggestions. 

Alex 

Hey Alex!

Welcome aboard.  I'll be in contact more during the work week...

2008-12-28 5:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Watertown, MA

Hi Don,

I'd love to join the group.  My name's Ray (screenname Brownie28), and I'm a 28 y.o. male, single, and have been training for the past three months, with five more to go before my first sprint (in mid-May).  I'm planning on doing a sprint in May, another in July, then either an Oly or Sprint in August and one final race in September.

I've been athletic all my life, but I'd say it's a very 'different' type of athletic than your normal triathlete: hockey (quick-burst energy), lacrosse (same as hockey), track and field (the field part), and golf in HS, followed by hockey in college, and finally dedicated lifting from about 24 years of age until this fall.  After suffering injury after injury--let's see...right knee, left elbow, both shoulders, low back and neck, all in the past two years--it finally hit me that I'm not young any more, and my body doesn't like heavy lifting.  I've always enjoyed pushing myself physically, creating little 'competitions' in everything I do, so after hearing about and thinking about competing in triathlons I decided to go full-bore into it. 

All that said, I've never been a runner, never swam other than horsing around in a pool or the lake, and rode a bike to get to a friends house, nothing more (though I have pretty strong quads from all the hockey and alot of heavy squatting the past few years).  The past few months has been eye-opening, but I've improved by leaps and bounds thus far and hope to continue on that path.   I started at 205, approximately 16% b.f., and am currently down to 188 and 11%.  My goals (which if you think I should tweak will certainly change) are threefold: 1) slim down further, as I'd like to get down to 175 before the spring; 2) get faster in all three phases, especially running (I'm currently running a 5k in ~26 minutes) and swimming (swimming 800m in a 25m pool in 19:30); and 3) increase distance (I've yet to swim more than 1250m, or run more than 4 miles...if I'm going to do an Oly I need to improve my distance training).

My current training routine is simple, though hardly as efficient as it should be: do what I feel like doing.  An example week (with one note: I'm doing all running and biking indoors right now...lots of snow on the ground.  It's killing me, too, because I was only able to ride my new bike once before the snow came...can't wait till the spring!) :

Mon - Swim 1000m (12:30pm); Run 5k (6pm)

Tues - Swim 800m (12:30pm); Bike - spin class, 1hr (6:30pm)

Wed - Lift - 45 mins (12:30pm)

Thurs - Swim 1000m (12:30pm);

Fri - (OFF)

Sat - Bike - spin class, 1hr (9am)

Sun - Swim or run

Some weeks I'll do exactly this, others I'll miss a day or do an extra double day; sometimes I'll skip the entire weekend, others I'll do a 'trial run' and try to complete all three legs at the gym...I really don't have much of a 'structured' plan other than: lose weight, increase lung capacity, increase speed, increase stamina.  Any help there?  Haha...anyway, I'd love to join the group.

Thanks,

Ray

2008-12-28 6:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Middle Tennessee

I would love to join your group-

I'm a 46 (soon to be 47) female and this will be my second year of triathlons.  I completed 1 duathlon, 3 sprints and attempted 1 olympic (the swim was cancelled) in 2008.  I also completed 2 1/2 marathons, 4 shorter running events and 5 50+ mile cycling events. 

I had not lead a very active life until 2007 and something about this lifestyle kind of drug me in and I'm really enjoying it.

I may not be very "beginner" but I wanting to increase my distances in 2009 and attempt a full marathon and possibly a half iron - this is really a 2010 goal, but I have a friend who is trying to encourage me to attempt one in Sept '09.

I am not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but I seem to do well with distances.

2008-12-29 6:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hey there, Room for one more?

Male, 43, Chicago, married 2 kids 10 & 12.

I was pretty sedentary till around 2001.  Started playing in a mens hockey league, quit smoking and drinking, lost a ton of weight and started running.  Ran a couple marathons, then got into cycling for cross training.  Sorta focussed on that for a few years, have done a number of centuries and usual group ride is  about 60 miles.  Started swimming in earnest last year.  Completed Chicago Triathlon last august and am definitely hooked.

My plan for this year is to do Chicago again, and break 3 hours.  I will also do one more triathlon this summer==either another Oly in August, or maybe a HIM-Steelhead or Racine, as they are local.

Weight-wise, Back in 02 when all this really started, I lost about 40 lbs, when I quit drinking.  Due to stress and depression and lack of motivation, I gained back most of that in 2007.  In 2008, I lost about 35 lbs in a "25 lbs in 25 weeks" Challenge on this site.  I took a new job in October and that has cut into my time a bit.  I am also a little unmotivated right now. Hence I have gained back about 5 to 10 pounds of that 35.  Anyway, I have about 10 pounds I would like to still lose. 

Dont know what else to add.  I did up my membership on this site a month or so ago.  I have not developed any training plan for 2009 yet, as I have not determined race schedule.  Right now, I just want to focus on being consistent again, try to hit 3x3 workouts (3x4 if you throw in my pushups/situps routine).  Since November I have been lucky to get anything in. 

2008-12-29 10:54 AM
in reply to: #1874668

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Brownie28 - 2008-12-28 6:00 PM

Hi Don,

I'd love to join the group.  My name's Ray (screenname Brownie28), and I'm a 28 y.o. male, single, and have been training for the past three months, with five more to go before my first sprint (in mid-May).  I'm planning on doing a sprint in May, another in July, then either an Oly or Sprint in August and one final race in September.

Thanks,

Ray

Hi Ray,

Welcome!  Sounds like you are off to a great start.  You will find the triathlon races full of those "little competitions" as there is always someone in front of you to set your sights on. 

In the meantime, the first order of business for you is to start logging your training on BT, even if you log via a separate method.  This is crucial for me and, and others in this group, to to monitor your training and give you the inspirations to keep up the work.

I'll be expanding on training information as we go. 

2008-12-29 11:02 AM
in reply to: #1874745

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
pole_dancer - 2008-12-28 7:09 PM

I would love to join your group-

I'm a 46 (soon to be 47) female and this will be my second year of triathlons.  I completed 1 duathlon, 3 sprints and attempted 1 olympic (the swim was cancelled) in 2008.  I also completed 2 1/2 marathons, 4 shorter running events and 5 50+ mile cycling events. 

I had not lead a very active life until 2007 and something about this lifestyle kind of drug me in and I'm really enjoying it.

I may not be very "beginner" but I wanting to increase my distances in 2009 and attempt a full marathon and possibly a half iron - this is really a 2010 goal, but I have a friend who is trying to encourage me to attempt one in Sept '09.

I am not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but I seem to do well with distances.

Hello Shelley,

Welcome, I have to say that is one interesting screen name and avatar!  Sounds like you have some good goals in mind and some great experience to others to draw from.  From my experience and humble opinion, you could do the HIM in '09.  Over the next couple of weeks months we'll discuss what it takes to do one of these events and you'll be able to see my training morph after my 1/2 Mary in Feb. 

2008-12-29 11:14 AM
in reply to: #1875421

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
ChicagoMan65 - 2008-12-29 7:38 AM

Hey there, Room for one more?

Male, 43, Chicago, married 2 kids 10 & 12.

I was pretty sedentary till around 2001.  Started playing in a mens hockey league, quit smoking and drinking, lost a ton of weight and started running.  Ran a couple marathons, then got into cycling for cross training.  Sorta focussed on that for a few years, have done a number of centuries and usual group ride is  about 60 miles.  Started swimming in earnest last year.  Completed Chicago Triathlon last august and am definitely hooked.

My plan for this year is to do Chicago again, and break 3 hours.  I will also do one more triathlon this summer==either another Oly in August, or maybe a HIM-Steelhead or Racine, as they are local.

Weight-wise, Back in 02 when all this really started, I lost about 40 lbs, when I quit drinking.  Due to stress and depression and lack of motivation, I gained back most of that in 2007.  In 2008, I lost about 35 lbs in a "25 lbs in 25 weeks" Challenge on this site.  I took a new job in October and that has cut into my time a bit.  I am also a little unmotivated right now. Hence I have gained back about 5 to 10 pounds of that 35.  Anyway, I have about 10 pounds I would like to still lose. 

Dont know what else to add.  I did up my membership on this site a month or so ago.  I have not developed any training plan for 2009 yet, as I have not determined race schedule.  Right now, I just want to focus on being consistent again, try to hit 3x3 workouts (3x4 if you throw in my pushups/situps routine).  Since November I have been lucky to get anything in. 

Hi Mark,

Welcome, I can relate to the unmotivated feeling, I had this pretty good earlier this year and last year dealing with some injury stuff.  Hopefully we all can help out.  Sound like you have some good experience that I and others can draw from too.

I found in the past that BT challenges are a good way to get some oomph in the training, whatever it takes, if it helps I'll at least try it once.

2008-12-29 11:36 AM
in reply to: #1874601

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Hi Alex,

I wanted to expand some on yesterdays quick reply.

It's all about setting goals. Some do better with big goals and can break it down into manageable pieces, others must start out with small goals and expand the goals as they go.   Doing a 5k first will not hurt in any way, but is doing a tri is the ultimate goal starting now with cross training will lead better returns.  That said I was running at first, but in hindsight if I could have had BT in 2002-2003 I'm sure my 1st tri would have been done a lot sooner that later.

Being your in S FL there are plenty of events to look forward to throughout the year.  Let's start with establishing a goal (triathlon) for the mid-end of the year and a training plan that supports that goal.

You will need to start using BT for logging all training so that I and others in this group can support you as you go.

Donto - 2008-12-28 4:42 PM
alixr12 - 2008-12-27 10:54 AM

Hi Donto!

Alex 

Hey Alex!

Welcome aboard.  I'll be in contact more during the work week...

2008-12-29 12:24 PM

User image

Milwaukee, WI

I'd like to join up too Donto.  

Last year was my first year doing tri's.  I did 3 sprints, the Pasadena Tri, Tinman, and Pacific Coast tri.  This year my goal is Escape from Alcatraz.  I entred the drawing and won, so now I'm training hard.  

When I started training, I was 225lbs, and now I'm down to 195.  I'm shooting for <180 for Alcatraz.  

Its always nice to have some accountability when training.  Not necessarily someone to yell at you for slacking off, but just the thought that someone is keeping an eye on your training log and encouraging you to do more is very motivating.

Mike

2008-12-29 12:34 PM
in reply to: #1875895

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: Donto's Group Full

OK all, below is a list that you can copy and put into your Training Log page for a quick reference/link to each.  We have room for one additional member then I'll change the group listing to being Full.  Let me know if you need any assistance in putting this list into your TL page.

Mentor Group page:

(added Rot26 to the list and changed status to Full)

Edited by Donto 2008-12-29 12:42 PM
2008-12-29 12:41 PM
in reply to: #1875981

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: Donto's Group Full
Rot26 - 2008-12-29 1:24 PM

I'd like to join up too Donto.  

Last year was my first year doing tri's.  I did 3 sprints, the Pasadena Tri, Tinman, and Pacific Coast tri.  This year my goal is Escape from Alcatraz.  I entred the drawing and won, so now I'm training hard.  

When I started training, I was 225lbs, and now I'm down to 195.  I'm shooting for <180 for Alcatraz.  

Its always nice to have some accountability when training.  Not necessarily someone to yell at you for slacking off, but just the thought that someone is keeping an eye on your training log and encouraging you to do more is very motivating.

Mike

Hello Michael,

Welcome.  Sound like you have a good background  already and with an awesome goal.  Man I'd love to do the EfA race.  You have one serious mission there and am looking forward to your progression towards doing it.

Edited by Donto 2008-12-29 12:43 PM
2008-12-29 7:54 PM

Subject: RE: Donto's Group FULL

Good evening Donto.

If there is still an open space I would like to join your mentor group. I am a 40 year old male located in central New Jersey. I am looking to complete, what I think, is a weird mix of races in 2009. I have been running on & off for the past 2 years after discovering just how out of shape I had gotten during a SAR mission. I planned on running the 2008 NJ marathon but was sidelined by a achilles injury. I have struggled getting back in the groove ever since then.

For 2009 I have the following goals

• Ragnar Relay - New York (May 15-16)
  • MightyMan Half (Oct 4) -- First Tri
  • Can Lake 50 (if achievable) (Oct 10)

I would also like to add a Sprint to the list in June/August since this will be my first attempt at a tri.

My biggest concern (fear) is the swim. I have not done any structured swimming. I am in the process of putting together my training plan for 2009. Since my first race is completely running I will probably focus there, but want to add some swimming so as to learn the basics before I begin the tri training.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Pete

2008-12-30 9:15 AM
in reply to: #1876722

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Hello Pete,

OK room for there's ONE more!  Bummer on the injury last year, I can sort of relate with a Plantar Fasciitis injury.   So you have your goals and are aware of your weaknesses, good.  There are some good articles and threads on BT regarding the swimming but one of the best ways to learn with the swim is to get some swim lessons so that you do not learn any bad habits from the start.  Otherwise it is very difficult to make a change.  I have some tips that I'll share with you and others as we go along here.  I'm by now means a fast or experienced swimmer but that's due to my own choosing.  

As I stated to others, I would like for you to state using the BT training log for tracking your workouts even if you use another method.  I and hopefully other s in this group will be dropping by with Inspires and feedback as we get going on this.  You can copy the list below and add it to your Training log page.  If you need any assistance with the TL let me know.

Mentor Group page:

pgiesin - 2008-12-29 8:54 PM

Good evening Donto.

If there is still an open space I would like to join your mentor group. I am a 40 year old male located in central New Jersey. I am looking to complete, what I think, is a weird mix of races in 2009. I have been running on & off for the past 2 years after discovering just how out of shape I had gotten during a SAR mission. I planned on running the 2008 NJ marathon but was sidelined by a achilles injury. I have struggled getting back in the groove ever since then.

For 2009 I have the following goals

• Ragnar Relay - New York (May 15-16)
  • MightyMan Half (Oct 4) -- First Tri
  • Can Lake 50 (if achievable) (Oct 10)

I would also like to add a Sprint to the list in June/August since this will be my first attempt at a tri.

My biggest concern (fear) is the swim. I have not done any structured swimming. I am in the process of putting together my training plan for 2009. Since my first race is completely running I will probably focus there, but want to add some swimming so as to learn the basics before I begin the tri training.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Pete

2008-12-30 10:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Middle Tennessee
Well, I've taken the 1st step for 2009.  I've signed up for a full marathon and a half marathon.  Now I have to put a training plan together and stick to it.

2008-12-31 8:32 AM
in reply to: #1879035

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

pole_dancer - 2008-12-30 11:11 PM Well, I've taken the 1st step for 2009.  I've signed up for a full marathon and a half marathon.  Now I have to put a training plan together and stick to it.

Awesome!  

I'll give it a couple of weeks before I try and talk you into the HIM

2008-12-31 10:33 AM
in reply to: #1879429

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Hey let's talk about the swim for a bit.

Personally I have issues with the swim, but it's all my doing.  I find it difficult to commit to swim training even though when I get there I enjoy the heck of being in the water.  So far in all my tri's I've been a near last BOP (back of pack) swimmer when I 1st started, to a front of the BOP swimmer, not hard to see why I take the philosophy of training harder for the bike and run!

I've had a couple of eureka moments when it comes to swim "training":

1. During one of my son's swim meets at a 25 lane pool, I watched a swim clinic that was going on while I was swimming in a nearby lane.  I was close enough to hear some of what was being discussed and then watched and then tried some of it on my own. 
  2. Balance & proper kicking.  When I started I had a problem of sinking legs, my balance was a mess.  Also my son when he was 5-6 could beat me with a kickboard in a 25 yard pool length, bad wasn't even close!  If I didn't use a kickboard I could actually go backwards.  Last month (he's now 9 and one of the better team swimmers) we tied and I felt good about myself, LOL!
  3. The Reach, Catch, Pull and Rotation - Once you grasp each of these and apply in a continuous motion speed naturally increases
  4. Think smooth and relax to go faster  I find swimming hard and tense is only a tiny bit faster and takes too much energy.  One of my BT friends has this motto and I say this to myself when I feel like I'm struggling.  This is also applicable for running and biking.

Training aids work as long as you don't rely on them.  My favorites are the Pull Buoy, Zoomer blue fins and Finis Freestyler paddles:

• Pull Buoy - This helped me in the beginning to feel the proper balance.  My sinking legs were being caused by holding my head too high in the water and lifting to breath when I turned to the side.  At first I would use the PB to float in the water while looking straight down at the bottom of the pool.  Then as I swam I was able develop the roll and breath.  This was part of the balance deal.  I also used them when doing the drills so I didn't have to worry about my balance.
  • The Kick -  Some say the kick in not all that important for triathletes, but you must still be able to kick properly to avoid leg drag and balance issues.  I read a thread a couple of years ago here on BT about the use of fins and went out to Sports Authority and bought a pair of Finis Zoomers Blue fins.  I started out using them with a kickboard and I immediately was able to feel the difference of a proper kick that involves the whole leg/hips not just below the knees.  I also developed better leg strength using them.
  • Finis Freestyler Paddles - Using these was the biggie for me.  Doing all the drills was OK but I still had issues putting it all together.  On a friends advice he let me borrow his paddles and said that they'll work.  On the first length down the pool I could barely keep them on my hands.  On the next length it was better, then on the 2nd lap the light bulb clicked on and I felt what the proper freestyle stroke was all about with the rotation.  I'll never forget how my lats felt afterward.  I use them today mostly when I have not swam for awhile and am starting back up, or at the beginning of a WO to make sure I have the proper muscle memory before I start the swim sets.  
When I first started I was a continuous ~2:30/100yard swimmer, this past year summer I was able to get down to a 1:55 with a single 100 in the high 1:30's.  I know for a fact that if I joined a Masters swim that I could get down to 1:30's based on what others have done going this route.  So improving the swim takes effort and not something that will occur in the 4 weeks before an event.  Get a coach, take a swim clinic, buy the training aids, commit to the pool and more importantly be humble and open minded (leave any pride in the locker).  In a relative short time the gains and confidence will come.  This still doesn't mean you'll have a great swim during a race as there are too many other factors that we can discuss later in regards to open water swimming (OWS) like the weather and issues with swimming in a crowd, but having the confidence is 99% of the game.

Have a Happy New Years everyone! 
2009-01-02 6:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Middle Tennessee

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

2009-01-02 10:18 PM
in reply to: #1883321

User image

Extreme Veteran

Happy New Year Everyone...

This weekend: Run tomorrow, maybe 4 or 5 miles.  Sunday Morning, maybe hour on trainer then swim.  Havent swam since before Christmas......

Sunday will also be situps & Pushups day....

Have a good weekend.

2009-01-03 2:51 AM

User image

Milwaukee, WI
I'm going to do the stationary bike both days, with some running on Saturday and weights on Sunday.  I need to get a trainer so I don't have to go to the gym to do some indoor bike workouts.  I'm debating between the Cyclops Fluid 2 and the Kenetic Road.

2009-01-03 6:56 AM

User image

Veteran
Middle Tennessee
Yesterday the weather forcast looked great for a bike ride today or tomorrow.  This morning, that looks to be falling apart.  60+ degrees but 40-60% chance of rain.  I'll be so glad when winter starts to wind down.  I need to run regardless.  My official training does not start until Monday but I need all I can get.
2009-01-03 8:19 AM

Hit the gym and a stationary bike this morning. Will be logging a few miles on my feet tomorrow. I too am in the market for a bike trainer. Started comparing a Kurt Kinetic with a CompuTrainer. Boy, are is the CT $$$. Does anyone have a preference or recommendation?
2009-01-03 9:16 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
pole_dancer - 2009-01-02 7:52 PM

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

I was going to bring something like this up starting this week.  I'd like for each of us to post here your weekly training plan, nothing elaborate, just a few words or a list of what your plan is for the week.

Here's mine for next week (btw my weeks are Monday-Sunday) with a 3 day biz travel to Las Vegas on Thur-Sat):

• Monday Run: 47m
  • Wed Run: 1h 39m
  • Fri Run: 34m
  • Sat Run: 24m
  • Also 2 core and 1 strength WO

Edited by Donto 2009-01-03 9:19 AM
2009-01-03 9:22 AM
in reply to: #1883957

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

pgiesin - 2009-01-03 9:19 AM Hit the gym and a stationary bike this morning. Will be logging a few miles on my feet tomorrow. I too am in the market for a bike trainer. Started comparing a Kurt Kinetic with a CompuTrainer. Boy, are is the CT $$$. Does anyone have a preference or recommendation?

The KK is suppose to be a top notch trainer.  You can get it for a real good price here.   I'd love to get one too.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Donto's Group FULL Rss Feed  

of 4