Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » For Sale Total Immersion Easy Freestyle DVD $30 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-04 11:53 PM

User image

Surrey
Subject: For Sale Total Immersion Easy Freestyle DVD $30
Total Immersion Easy Freestyle 21st Century Techniques for Beginners to Advanced Swimmers DVD.
I live near 156st and 88ave in Surrey.

2010-04-05 4:30 PM
in reply to: #2768128

Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: For Sale Total Immersion Easy Freestyle DVD $30
It's too bad you got ripped off by your LTS, but trying to rip off someone else when they could buy it on amazon for $15 (including shipping) isn't cool.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

2010-04-05 4:48 PM
in reply to: #2769735

User image

Surrey
meepx2 - 2010-04-05 2:30 PM It's too bad you got ripped off by your LTS, but trying to rip off someone else when they could buy it on amazon for $15 (including shipping) isn't cool. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

No wait, no shipping costs, no customs duty and no taxes.

Last check was Amazon $29.95 US
Amazon.ca $36.49 Cdn Usually ships in 1-2 weeks

My purchased supported a local shop keeper. How many Vancouver athletes work for Amazon? Let me guess meepx2 your the guy who tries on the wetsuit at the LTS and then orders it online.

Edited by tinpusher 2010-04-05 4:53 PM
2010-04-06 9:22 AM

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
Cheaper than Amazon.ca and way cheaper than buying from TI directly ($55) so I don't really think he/she is trying to rip anyone off, IMO.
2010-04-06 4:52 PM
in reply to: #2769761

User image

Veteran
tinpusher - 2010-04-05 2:48 PM
meepx2 - 2010-04-05 2:30 PM It's too bad you got ripped off by your LTS, but trying to rip off someone else when they could buy it on amazon for $15 (including shipping) isn't cool. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

No wait, no shipping costs, no customs duty and no taxes.

Last check was Amazon $29.95 US
Amazon.ca $36.49 Cdn Usually ships in 1-2 weeks

My purchased supported a local shop keeper. How many Vancouver athletes work for Amazon? Let me guess meepx2 your the guy who tries on the wetsuit at the LTS and then orders it online.

I'll just remark on the snotty "amazon vs. LTS", if you don't mind. Or even if you do.

My LTS is owned by an antisocial twerp, so you can bet your swim-toned behind I will buy from Amazon, Bellingham or do without before I buy from him. And I will advise anyone I can to do the same, which I have gleefully been doing. And even if he wasn't, at three times the price, he would be jack out of luck. If the price is the same, or even a bit higher, i will shop at tri-geeks since they are helpful and supportive, and go the extra mile, even tho they are a bit of a drive (as opposed to the LTS, who is literally 2 minutes away from me.

Supporting the LTS is fine and dandy, but it isn't carved in stone.
2010-04-06 4:55 PM
in reply to: #2770907

User image

Veteran
VanCityJ - 2010-04-06 7:22 AM Cheaper than Amazon.ca and way cheaper than buying from TI directly ($55) so I don't really think he/she is trying to rip anyone off, IMO.

I agree. he is trying to sell at the price he got it for, it seems, and as you said, there are more expensive options. The fact that there are cheaper options has nothing to do with him, and he does have a point that the cheaper options are much less convenient. No ripoff as far as I can see.

I just disagree with the whole "Amazon is evil, and you must blindly support eh local economy" argument.

2010-04-07 1:09 AM

Vancouver, BC
The exchange rate is basically at parity right now. So the DVD is $15 CAD ($11.42 + 2.98 shipping), which is half what you're trying to sell it for.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000FDK78W/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie...

Most items under $20 is exempt from duty (coming from USA into Canada). Even if the item is over $20, sometimes it will be tax exempt. The $110 tennis racket I bought on ebay a few weeks ago arrived today, happily duty free. My total cost with shipping, exchange rate was $160. If I bought it at sport chek it would've been $224 (tax included), which was their 'sale price' marked down from $250 + tax.

I would argue that shopping online is more convenient for items that do not need to be sized. As long as you don't mind waiting 1-3 weeks, it's delivered right to you.

Let me guess meepx2 your the guy who tries on the wetsuit at the LTS and then orders it online.

About 2-3 years ago, I bought a wetsuit from Speed Theory in Vancouver for $700, only to find out after the same wetsuit was $300 online. I shop around now, and generally I've found that there's little point in even asking LTS to match prices. At most I'd pay 5% over what it would cost with exchange rate, duty, shipping, but the LTS aren't interested. They are more interested in customers who pay the sticker price and don't barter.

When you see your LTS owner driving a luxury car, let me know if you still feel the need to support him/her.
2010-04-07 1:36 AM
in reply to: #2773007

User image

Surrey
The exchange rate is basically at parity right now. So the DVD is $15 CAD ($11.42 + 2.98 shipping), which is half what you're trying to sell it for.

How about you compare apples to apples. Your Amazon link is for the older 2007 DVD. Trying searching for the title I actually have for sale and let me know what you come up with.

Most items under $20 is exempt from duty (coming from USA into Canada). Even if the item is over $20, sometimes it will be tax exempt. The $110 tennis racket I bought on ebay a few weeks ago arrived today, happily duty free. My total cost with shipping, exchange rate was $160. If I bought it at sport chek it would've been $224 (tax included), which was their 'sale price' marked down from $250 + tax. I would argue that shopping online is more convenient for items that do not need to be sized. As long as you don't mind waiting 1-3 weeks, it's delivered right to you.

The key to ordering from the US is use the US Postal Service. The brokerage fees administered by UPS or Fed Ex are the killers.

When you see your LTS owner driving a luxury car, let me know if you still feel the need to support him/her.

If the owner of Trigeeks is driving a luxury car I would be shocked. That store looks like my swimming. Barely staying afloat.

Edited by tinpusher 2010-04-07 1:39 AM
2010-04-07 8:08 AM
in reply to: #2773013

User image

Master
Chilliwack, BC

If the owner of Trigeeks is driving a luxury car I would be shocked. That store looks like my swimming. Barely staying afloat.

then you shouldn't sell the dvd

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » For Sale Total Immersion Easy Freestyle DVD $30 Rss Feed