Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Any Tri ggroups in Durham? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-08 1:12 PM

Regular
The trail capital of Canada
Subject: Any Tri ggroups in Durham?
Hello all, I'm mid-life'ng (well I'm only 35) and decided that my goal is the Muskoka Ironman 70.3 . Currently I'm working on getting my distance running up to half marathon's. Currently I'm a 10k runner. The cycling part doesn't bother me. I can do 50k on my mountain bike in Durham forest comfortably. The part that really gets me is the swimming...Currently I swim like a stone so I need to start working on that immediately. Going to sign up for the whitby clinic in the fall.

But in the interim, any groups in Durham (specifically Pickering/Ajax/Whitby)??

2008-05-13 3:43 PM
in reply to: #1390315

User image

Regular
Drayton
Subject: RE: Any Tri ggroups in Durham?
I don't know of any..if you start one, i'll come out

I'm currently training to do sprints this summer..I go to Extreme Fitness (Pickering), and had taken swim classes at their Whitby location which were good for stroke improvement..but no instructors who are triathletes, or knowledgeable with total immersion techniques, etc...but still a good disciplined workout, with noticeable improvement.

2008-05-13 8:53 PM

Regular
The trail capital of Canada
That would be tough, I'm a total Noob! Don't even have a road bike ATM. Looks like I'm going to try and get into the Tri specific swimming classes at Whitby this fall as that's def my weak spot!! I've got my hardtail MTB on a trainer at home doing the spinning and a treadmill for runs.
2008-07-16 3:43 PM

New user

Brooklin

Yes... the Durham Region Triathlon Club (DRTC) exists.  You can find them through http://www.ironmotivation.com/triclub/

They do open water swims every Wed.  Membership is around $100 but that includes your OAT membership as well.

I'm also a new to tri and I live in Brooklin if any other newbies want to get together for runs/rides/swims.

PM me!

Edited by triskele 2008-07-16 3:44 PM
2008-09-10 9:32 AM

New user

This is great....I never expected to find anyone else from the area on here! I would be open to training with like minded folks.

2008-10-02 9:49 PM

Hello everyone

There is a tri group out of the RunningRoom in Pickering, I'm not sure start dates but I've heard its a good group.

I live in Pickering and would love to pair up too, I'm an avid cyclist looking for a challenge.

look forward to hearing from you

2009-01-18 1:50 PM

New user

There's a new triathlon club (just started last fall) - that will be starting group training again come spring. They have once a month swim sessions at the Oshawa civic center with Anne Ottenbrite (how often do you get to train with an Olympic medallist!)

Their website is www.endurham.com

Kieran
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Any Tri ggroups in Durham? Rss Feed