Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Essex County Tri Group Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-11 3:28 PM

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Subject: Essex County Tri Group
So.......let's hear how everyone has done in their recent races???? I have been sending good vibes your way.

Tabbs

2008-08-11 3:38 PM
in reply to: #1595203

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ontario
Subject: RE: Essex County Tri Group

My result at Steelhead was mixed. The wind picked up in the morning so they cancelled the swim and made it a duathlon. I was happy with my bike and the first 8 or so miles on the run, but things fell apart at the end. My stomach was not emptying properly for a few miles and my legs were toast. I think the 2 km walk to the swim start along soft sand, the 2 km walk back from the swim start to transition, and the first run of the duathlon caught up to me on the second run. I'm trying to shake a virus now and have 5 weeks to get ready for the hills at Muskoka.

How did Windsor go this year?

2008-08-11 5:32 PM

User image

Amherstburg Ontario
I had the race I thought I'd have. I was happy with my swim/run times and I was slow on the bike but not unexpected because I had slacked on the bike rides for the last 5 weeks. I really like the windsor event and find it has a good vibe to it. My bike averaged just under 19mph and I know it could have been better with more miles in the saddle. I finished 74/134 and 13/15 in my AG (35-39) which is a tough AG, not excuses but just reality.

To do better next time is certainly more and more saddle time. Next up is the Bulldog tri in Rondeau park next weekend and then focus on my Toronto marathon.

2008-08-15 1:09 PM

Veteran
Windsor, Ontario via the Detroit Tunnel
Lansing Triathlon and my 1st sprint tri. Things started a bit slow with long registration lines. (no day before check-in) I was schedule to start at 8:50am, but they closed the transition area at 7:30am. So i had to jump the fence just to lay my stuff out in 30sec. before getting kicked out. The race started good as i was 4th in my AG out of the water at just over 2min/100m. T1 was OK, but the bikes were just jammed in the racks, very tight quarters. I take off on the bike and people just start passing me like i was standing still especially on the hills. I get mad because i feel like i did not train enough. After the race i find my rear brake rubbing the rim. Rookie move. So, braking the whole course i averaged 16.9m/hr. The run started slow with a good side ache that i worked out in the first mile. I felt strong at the finish. 8:11min/mile. So, total time 1hour 22 min. and my goal was 1:30. had a great time and I am looking for my next race. Lets get together soon.
Tim
2008-08-18 10:12 AM

User image

Amherstburg Ontario
My lovely wife got me a beautiful new bike for my birthday so if anyone is looking for a great entry level road bike equipped with bar tri bars and bar end shifters with shimano componants let me know. The bike is a Scattante (knock off aluminum frame) rides well and is relatively light. The frame is only one season old and has less that 400 miles on it. Pics available upon request.

I'm around 5'11 and the bike is almost too big for me. 6'1 and up would be a better fit. 450$ OBO gets it.

Dave
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Essex County Tri Group Rss Feed