BT Development Mentor Program Archives » GordoByrn's Group Full for the Spring Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2009-04-08 5:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
Subject: GordoByrn's Group Full for the Spring

PREFERRED MENTEES: Total Newbies Focused on Sprint Distance  

NAME: Gordo Byrn / Gordo 

STORY: Up off the couch in 1993, I enjoy endurance sports because they relax my mind and help me think.  Stay active for health and wellness.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to Monica (July 4, 2005) with daughter Alexandra (Oct 14, 2008)

CURRENT TRAINING: an hour per day, go long once a week, training camps and endurance guiding trips sprinkled into the Spring and Summer

THIS YEAR'S RACES: considering Silverman Half at the end of the year

2009 RACES:  Main goals are training camp related -- leading Boulder Summer Camp in July and August.

WEIGHTLOSS: Happy where I am at -- just want to maintain.  Used to be over 200 lbs, totally unfit and drinking a heck of a lot.  Know what it's like to make the change.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: Been coaching since 1999 and have been teaching since 1987.  Enjoy helping people learn from athletics.

Edited by GordoByrn 2009-04-13 9:37 AM

2009-04-08 7:01 PM
in reply to: #2072085

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
Subject: RE: GordoByrn -- Open For New Short Course Triathletes

Name- Justin

Story- Recently lost some weight and my plan is to use scheduled races to keep the weight/fitness stuff in order.

Family Status- Married to Celeste for 13 years, three kids (ages 8, 7, and 4)

Current Training- trying to get consistent with a plan I found on the web.

2009 Races- I have now done my first mini-sprint and sprint events this year (I am not sure if this would preclude me as a total newbie, I started this year to train for triathlon, so I certainly feel like a newbie).  I plan to race a sprint on May 9th and an International on June 28th.

Weightloss- About four years ago I was up to at least 245 lbs.  Got down to around 217 lbs. and hovered there for awhile.  My work had a biggest loser contest and I won it, getting down to 173 lbs.  I am working to stay around my current weight and tone up.

What will make me a good mentee- I am very eager to learn about training and triathlon.  I am excited about the sport and increasing my fitness.  I enjoy the message board community environment and look forward to lots of support from some folks new to triathlon.

Edited by cjhild 2009-05-14 5:18 PM
2009-04-09 8:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wahiawa, Hawaii.... but now in Florence, KY..

Name- Boom

Story- Quit smoking and decided to run a marathon last november....  After completing the marathon i decided i want to get into tri's for the cross training because i didn't lose any weight marathon training... actually gained weight... too much beer and wings

Family Status- Single with a Girlfriend and 2 English Bulldogs (Bacon and Ham Bone)

Current Training- Found a "Fisher Price My First Tri book" and am using that training plan.

2009 Races- I finished my first sprint march 5th and finished 5th in my age group..  During the Tri realized, i love this stuff....   also realized that i have alot of training ahead of me because i can swim worth a **** ......  next race is on may 9th another sprint,....  thankfully i can only get stonger from here right?

Weightloss- was up to 220 in December....  Am down to 190 and hopt to get down to 180 or 175....  really a number doesn't really matter....  would just like to lose my love handles. 

What will make me a good mentee - I'm motivated... Um... i don't think... i execute...  Drill Sergeant said i'm a killer....  i'm motivated, ready to learn, train and i'm really excited about this new lifestyle!

2009-04-09 9:51 AM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

Count me in!

NAME: Suzy Shain

STORY: Marathon runner last 6 years with a strong desire to do longer distance triathlons.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to Paul for almost 20 years.

CURRENT TRAINING: Training for Boston so running alot, bike twice a week, swim four times a week.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: Boston, Green Bay Olympic, a couple of Sprints and hopefully a HIM in September

WHERE YOU CAN HELP ME:
  1)Swimming is my limiter so love any advice on how to improve, 2) Just got a CT so have a lot to learn how to incorporate it into my regular bike workouts, and 3) keep me honest.  I tend to overdo it.

WEIGHTLOSS: More interested in healthy diet than weight loss.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE:
 I'm enthusiastic, I like to learn about the science behind the sport so I read a lot and share it. 

2009-04-10 8:08 AM

User image

Veteran
Northern Virginia

Name: Matthew

Story:Somewhere around the time my doctor told me to stop eating fast food and that I better get my cholesterol down I saw something for Nations Tri (Washington DC Oly) about Sept 2008.  I had a crazy thought that I would do it. Bought some running shoes (I hate running like some people hate OWS) and started training. Traded in the mountain bike early 2009 and now have a 10 year old road/touring bike. It's fast. I'm getting a little obsessed just reading and training about it all and am looking forward to my first race. My goals are just to finish and have fun doing it.

Family: Married 5 years this summer with a 2 year old girl

Training:Love swimming, but only get in the pool a couple times a month due to schedule. Balancing full time job, part time school, and time with my toddler and wife make it hard to work out. I try and get 5 workouts in a week between 30-60 min with a longer one on the weekends. My daughter loves to "help" by sitting in her seat on the back of the bike or in the jogger.  Current goal is to log all workouts in April.

Races: Sprint early May, Sprint early August,  Oly September (That's all the wife would agree to)

Weightloss: 245lbs August 2008, current 217 or so. Never liked "working out", but always liked being active. Training gave me a goal that I wanted to work out for.  Will always be a Clydsdale, but that's ok with me.

2009-04-10 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2073601

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
Welcome All --

We'll let the group fill up a bit then we can get rolling!

One thing that would really help me get to know you better is signing your posts with your real name -- just a first name or what people call you.  That seems to help keep you in my memory.

I don't log on this site but I do tweet all my training to @endurancecorner // as you'll see, it is quite general these day with a lot of push ups!  I am training with a former Ranger that is trying to get back into the military.  There's a blog post about the whole thing (Green Beret Challenge) that you can read through my signature link.

I also have a Facebook account (Gordo Byrn) where I push various links/articles up from time to time.  

My blog is published weekly and I like to have a theme for that article.

More soon,

g

2009-04-10 9:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
Thanks Gordo.  I can't wait to get started.  I joined twitter, will be going by "JustinTri" on that, I will keep an eye out for you.
2009-04-11 10:14 AM

User image

Name: Rob

Story: Completely ruptured my ACL last year during a soccer game shortly after starting training for a tri. Had surgery to reconstruct my ACL and deployed after finishing PT.  Currently doing what I can to get back into shape and be ready to begin tri specific training when I get back to the states.

Family Status: Single

Current training: Currently working on developing a program to improve overall muscular strength with a focus on the core and legs that can be done with the equipment and space available. Also working on a plan for tri specific training for when I get back.

2009 Races: Hoping to complete a couple of sprint distance races with the possibility of an olympic distance race by the end of the year.

Weightloss:
More concerned with body fat percentage than weight. Would eventually like to get my body fat under 10% but know that will take a while.

What will make me a good mentee: I'm really wanting to learn more about triathlons and the associated training.  I want to get back in to shape and increase my level of fitness beyond what it was. I'm also looking forward to joining the community here and the support offered by it.
2009-04-11 5:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
Welcome Gang,

First up -- if you enjoy learning by reading then shoot me an email and I will reply with a word doc that contains lots of advice from our last time around.  

gordon at endurancecorner dot com

The above offer applies to anyone reading this thread.

Next up -- feel free to start asking anything that's on your mind!

Cheers,
gordo
2009-04-11 5:55 PM
in reply to: #2077935

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
InsertNameHere - 2009-04-11 9:14 AM Name: Rob

Weightloss:
More concerned with body fat percentage than weight. Would eventually like to get my body fat under 10% but know that will take a while.

Rob,

You can access a free library of articles through my signature file -- check out the nutrition sub-section for some ideas on nutrition that will help you with your goal of fat loss.

g
2009-04-11 5:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
SSMinnow - 2009-04-09 8:51 AM

Count me in!

NAME: Suzy Shain

WHERE YOU CAN HELP ME:  1)Swimming is my limiter so love any advice on how to improve, 2) Just got a CT so have a lot to learn how to incorporate it into my regular bike workouts, and 3) keep me honest.  I tend to overdo it.

Suzy,

Welcome!

Tell me about an average week in your swim program.

With the pattern of over-doing-it (which I share) -- #1 tip is schedule your recovery/unloading just like you schedule your training.

g

2009-04-11 5:58 PM
in reply to: #2073221

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
Boom808 - 2009-04-09 7:06 AM

Name- Boom

Story- Quit smoking and decided to run a marathon last november....  After completing the marathon i decided i want to get into tri's for the cross training because i didn't lose any weight marathon training... actually gained weight... too much beer and wings

Family Status- Single with a Girlfriend and 2 English Bulldogs (Bacon and Ham Bone)

Current Training- Found a "Fisher Price My First Tri book" and am using that training plan.

2009 Races- I finished my first sprint march 5th and finished 5th in my age group..  During the Tri realized, i love this stuff....   also realized that i have alot of training ahead of me because i can swim worth a **** ......  next race is on may 9th another sprint,....  thankfully i can only get stonger from here right?

Weightloss- was up to 220 in December....  Am down to 190 and hopt to get down to 180 or 175....  really a number doesn't really matter....  would just like to lose my love handles. 

What will make me a good mentee - I'm motivated... Um... i don't think... i execute...  Drill Sergeant said i'm a killer....  i'm motivated, ready to learn, train and i'm really excited about this new lifestyle!

Boom,

Welcome

Question for you about your swimming -- how relaxed do you feel in the water when you swim?

g
2009-04-11 7:51 PM
in reply to: #2078425

User image

Champion

Suzy,

Welcome!

With the pattern of over-doing-it (which I share) -- #1 tip is schedule your recovery/unloading just like you schedule your training.

g

Can't remember if I told you I have water issues after nearly drowning so there is a mental part to my swimming that I need to overcome along with gaining endurance and speed.  What happens when you go to the pool worried it will be a bad day? You suck!  That happens more than it doesn't. I  just started working on some mental training, saw a sports psychologist last week and am reading "Mind Gym".  I've done mind training for running, not sure why I never thought about it for swimming.

As far as work outs go, I am in the pool 4xs a week. Swimming is always my second effort of the day.  A session lasts anywhere from 40-55 minutes and covers 1500-2000 yards.  I have the hardest time with longer distance swimming and I don''t do speed work (a lot mental--lack of air is bad).  I am getting underwater video taped on Tuesday.   I was working with a coach, but am on my own now.

This was Thursday's work out (most are some variation of this):
100 free
50 kick
200 pull
50 kick
200 freestyle (TT90)
2 x 200 pull LONG, slow strokes :20 rest
100 single arm drill alternate per 25 yards arm pulls
4 x 50 kick :15 rest
5 x 100 freestyle (TT90) :20 rest
4x 25 (TT82)
100 easy free

Thanks,
Suzy

2009-04-11 8:03 PM
in reply to: #2078560

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
SSMinnow - 2009-04-11 6:51 PM

Suzy,

Welcome!

g

Can't remember if I told you I have water issues after nearly drowning so there is a mental part to my swimming that I need to overcome along with gaining endurance and speed.  What happens when you go to the pool worried it will be a bad day? You suck!  That happens more than it doesn't. I  just started working on some mental training, saw a sports psychologist last week and am reading "Mind Gym".  I've done mind training for running, not sure why I never thought about it for swimming.

As far as work outs go, I am in the pool 4xs a week. Swimming is always my second effort of the day.  A session lasts anywhere from 40-55 minutes and covers 1500-2000 yards.  I have the hardest time with longer distance swimming and I don''t do speed work (a lot mental--lack of air is bad).  I am getting underwater video taped on Tuesday.   I was working with a coach, but am on my own now.

This was Thursday's work out (most are some variation of this):
100 free
50 kick
200 pull
50 kick
200 freestyle (TT90)
2 x 200 pull LONG, slow strokes :20 rest
100 single arm drill alternate per 25 yards arm pulls
4 x 50 kick :15 rest
5 x 100 freestyle (TT90) :20 rest
4x 25 (TT82)
100 easy free

Thanks,
Suzy

Suzy,

Check out this article for an idea about a very low-stress method to progress your swimming -- given your background, you want to establish a base of relaxation and economy.  Then progress from there.

http://www.endurancecorner.com/library/swimming/workouts_sc

Another piece that you might enjoy is one that I originally wrote for XTri.Com.

http://www.endurancecorner.com/library/swimming/benchmarking_your_swimming

Happy laps,
g
2009-04-11 11:33 PM

User image

New user
Hey Gordo and everyone... My stuff:

PREFERRED MENTORS: You!

NAME: Ken, age 45.

STORY: Did my first triathlon in May 2005, did my last triathlon August 2006 before completely burning out and cooking my adrenal system. Previous to 2005 I was a 253 lb. beer swilling couch potato. Stopped drinking October 2004, but am now up around 200 lbs. and trying to recover from adrenal fatigue... (and found out my body retains ice cream!)...

FAMILY STATUS: Married since June 13, 1992... I have 3 kids 15, 12 and 9.

CURRENT TRAINING: Weight train 3x a week, try to get an additional 4-5 hours of aerobic work in ... HR for aerobic stuff always under 130BPM, ala Phil Maffetone.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: My number one goal is to get and stay healthy. I would love to do Tri in the Pines up in Show Low AZ(my favorite sprint)... which is also the last race I did back in '06.

2009 RACES: See above.

WEIGHTLOSS: Would like to find and get to a fighting weight. I have been down to 185, but thinking at 6'1" with a decent size frame I am looking at around 175 at prime.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: Being a sponge, and following directions. So many 'coaches' want to sign you up and get the fee, very few people take the time to know you, work with you and help you progress. I have also 'been there' before and am hungry to get back to racing, but not at the expense of health. A valuable lesson I am grateful to have learned... but right now I am considering myself a newbie!

Ken
2009-04-12 1:16 AM
in reply to: #2078572

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
GordoByrn -

Gordo,

Last week I started the 0-1650 swimming plan.  I am going to switch over to the program in your article above.  How long should I stay in each segment of the sessions (Distance Builder 650 for a week, then move up to 1,400 the next week)?  I swim three times a week, I will be swimming 800 yards for my sprint May 9th and 1K for my international on June 28th.

Last swim workout:

40 minutes

100 swim
50 pull
50 kick
4x100 12 sec rest
4x50 8 sec rest
4x25 4 sec rest
100 cooldown

I have begun a rededication to getting my core workouts done three times a week.  I do my core routine in the gym and I am getting an itch to do a bit of other strength training (some light weights, arms and upper body stuff).  Should I work some of that in, or am I better off sticking to my core/swim/bike/run and adding more of each into my training?

Is it ok to push further in the time and distance of the training plan you are following?  I am following the olympic plan by Mary Eggers that I found on trifuel.com.  The plan seems to be pretty low on swimming with 30 minutes per session for nearly the whole plan.  I feel like I should be doing more.  I would like to go longer than 30 minutes per swim and I feel like I can at the end each time I swim.   

2009-04-12 9:31 AM
in reply to: #2078423

User image

Gordo,

Thanks for letting me know that's there. I will definately have to take a look at that and the other sections of that site.

Rob
2009-04-12 10:29 AM
in reply to: #2078818

User image

New user
I probably should have added where I need the most help.

My 2 biggest areas of challenge:  How to rest/sleep, and nutrition.

I have relied on sleeping medication for so long that my body just doesn't know how to sleep on its own.  So, some days I feel OK, and can train, and some days I am just cooked.  My doc has me on Restoril, but really feeling that sometime this week I just need to make the change to something more natural, like Hammer REM Caps or Formula 303...

Nutrition.  I was completely addicted to ice cream every night -- a good amount of it.  I have spent the last week logging my food intake and tracking weight watcher points (wife supports this), but stagnant in weight loss...  Could use some help on nutrition.

Hope everyone has a happy Easter... have a tweaked neck and did not sleep well last night, but hoping after church to get in an ease bike ride.  Maybe an hour or so at 130BPM.

ken
2009-04-12 11:17 AM

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.
Would love to join in.

Name:  Steve Williams

Story:  56 years old...retired Firefighter with a background as a runner...back problems shut that running down for about 13-14 years...very good Chiropractor fixed that in summer of 2007 and she wanted to do a Tri and talked me into it.  I did my first marathon this past Jan. and I'm doing my first HIM this fall; but my focus is going to be on Sprints for the forseeable future.

Family Status:  Married to wife Judi for frikin ever 34 years, 3 kids (grown) and raising a 9 y.o. grand-daughter.

Current Training:  Working with a fellow Bt'er (jonathan22) on a plan to get me through my HIM in late Sept.  I have several sprints through the late spring and summer.  Have had some family issues that have kept me from training for about 2 weeks.

Races:  2-3 Sprints in June/July, 2 Bike Centuries (50-60 mile option), Augusta 70.3 in Sept., Peachtree RR 10K 7/4/09.

Where you can help me:  1) MOTIVATION, 2) Swimming.  These are my two limiters.  I really love to train...at times, but then at other times it is REALLY hard.  With swimming...it is all about the endurance which I KNOW comes from time in the pool.  I am a good swimmer, I just need that extra motivation to get wet.

Weightloss:  I would like to drop about 15 -18 pounds but that is not a primary goal.  Like Suzy, I am more interested in in good nutrition info that works well with the diet of someone who is training hard.

What will make me a good Mentee:  Again, like my friend Suzy, I am enthusiastic and I LOVE to read and study about the sport.  I can spend hours reading about tri's and learning new stuff is something I love to do.  I have been in Mentor groups before and it really helps me to stay motivated and on top of my training.

Steve
2009-04-12 4:07 PM
in reply to: #2078854

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
cjhild - 2009-04-12 12:16 AM
GordoByrn -

Gordo,

Last week I started the 0-1650 swimming plan.  I am going to switch over to the program in your article above.  How long should I stay in each segment of the sessions (Distance Builder 650 for a week, then move up to 1,400 the next week)?  I swim three times a week, I will be swimming 800 yards for my sprint May 9th and 1K for my international on June 28th.

Last swim workout:

40 minutes

100 swim
50 pull
50 kick
4x100 12 sec rest
4x50 8 sec rest
4x25 4 sec rest
100 cooldown

I have begun a rededication to getting my core workouts done three times a week.  I do my core routine in the gym and I am getting an itch to do a bit of other strength training (some light weights, arms and upper body stuff).  Should I work some of that in, or am I better off sticking to my core/swim/bike/run and adding more of each into my training?

Is it ok to push further in the time and distance of the training plan you are following?  I am following the olympic plan by Mary Eggers that I found on trifuel.com.  The plan seems to be pretty low on swimming with 30 minutes per session for nearly the whole plan.  I feel like I should be doing more.  I would like to go longer than 30 minutes per swim and I feel like I can at the end each time I swim.   

Great questions here.

How long at each swim -- mix them up a little bit and take your time working through them.  Aim to be able to do one of the longest workouts around June 21st // for your May/June races -- you only really "need" to be in the middle of that program by mid-June.  So there's no rush.

While gym work is useful -- with the better weather we have in April/May/June -- you get more bang for you buck with the SBR training.  That said, if a gym is convenient to work, or the pool, then a quick 15-30 minutes can be very time effective for you before/after swimming or at lunch.  The SBR should be a priority this time of year.

Until you have been able to hit pretty much every workout in a 12-week plan... you want to be VERY careful with adding extra training, or extra intensity.  #1 thing is to have great consistency across days.

That said, once you have been rolling for 4-6 weeks on the basic plan -- adding 15 mins to a swim would be fine.  I also give my athletes clearance to add additional bike volume -- especially in the Spring when the weather is nice.  Remember to ensure that nothing impairs "tomorrow's training".

g

2009-04-12 5:14 PM

User image

Expert
Sarasota, FL
G,

Fantastic to see you doing this again.  I'll be tuning in.  For all you mentee's in the group - you are in for a great ride - enjoy it!!!

Jeff

2009-04-12 6:47 PM

User image

Master
Central, IL
Gordo Rawks!  I was in his 1st mentor group.  Do things the Gordo way and you'll do great!  What an awesome opportunity BT'ers.   Best wishes.....

2009-04-12 6:59 PM
in reply to: #2079600

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
Thanks for your input Gordo, I appreciate it.

you want to be VERY careful with adding extra training, or extra intensity

I have already screwed this up (and probably already answered my own question before asking you), but I doubled my run time/distance for one run a couple of weeks before my sprint on March 8th.  The next day my heel hurt pretty bad.  When walking with my shoe on it was uncomfortable, without a shoe it was excruciating.  I stopped running until my event then ran pretty hard on the run during the race.  The next day the ball of my foot felt the same sort of pain and the heel hurt again.  After the race I stopped running for two weeks and then started to introduce treadmill only walk/powerwalk/run/powerwalk/walk intervals.  I did that for a couple of weeks and just started to run on the road once a week.  The pain has been subsiding and the heel feels good today.  I have gotten much better with my stretching and that seems to have helped.  Been reading trying to figure out what I have and how best to approach it.  Thinking it could be plantar fasciitis, I have been approaching it as though that is what I have.  How would you recommend I handle easing back into running/walking?  I have been reading some of your posts in that Word document, should I work one of the walking plans for awhile with no running?  If so, how long before I consider running at all? 
2009-04-12 8:04 PM
in reply to: #2079339

User image

Champion

Reno8 - 2009-04-12 11:17 AM Would love to join in.

Name:  Steve Williams

Story:  56 years old...retired Firefighter with a background as a runner...back problems shut that running down for about 13-14 years...very good Chiropractor fixed that in summer of 2007 and she wanted to do a Tri and talked me into it.  I did my first marathon this past Jan. and I'm doing my first HIM this fall; but my focus is going to be on Sprints for the forseeable future.

Family Status:  Married to wife Judi for frikin ever 34 years, 3 kids (grown) and raising a 9 y.o. grand-daughter.

Current Training:  Working with a fellow Bt'er (jonathan22) on a plan to get me through my HIM in late Sept.  I have several sprints through the late spring and summer.  Have had some family issues that have kept me from training for about 2 weeks.

Races:  2-3 Sprints in June/July, 2 Bike Centuries (50-60 mile option), Augusta 70.3 in Sept., Peachtree RR 10K 7/4/09.

Where you can help me:  1) MOTIVATION, 2) Swimming.  These are my two limiters.  I really love to train...at times, but then at other times it is REALLY hard.  With swimming...it is all about the endurance which I KNOW comes from time in the pool.  I am a good swimmer, I just need that extra motivation to get wet.

Weightloss:  I would like to drop about 15 -18 pounds but that is not a primary goal.  Like Suzy, I am more interested in in good nutrition info that works well with the diet of someone who is training hard.

What will make me a good Mentee:  Again, like my friend Suzy, I am enthusiastic and I LOVE to read and study about the sport.  I can spend hours reading about tri's and learning new stuff is something I love to do.  I have been in Mentor groups before and it really helps me to stay motivated and on top of my training.

Steve

Hey Steve, glad you are part of the group!  Looks like we have several people who are looking for some swimming advice so G should have his hands full .

Justin--I just got over a long bought of PF.  I ran through it for months which was really stupid so you are smart to back off.  Stretching is great, especially the calves/soleous area, but if you find you still have issues you need to find the root cause.  One of my issues was pedal stroke (toes were down, calves tightened up and pulled on my PF) which had nothing to do with running at all!   My favorite stretching tools are the TP massage equipment. The site gives you all sorts of stretching ideas too.

2009-04-12 8:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Canton, Michigan

Is there room for one more?

NAME: Karen Apostal

STORY: Did a 5K and a 4 miler and am now ready to move on to a Sprint Tri.

FAMILY STATUS: Married to Steve and have 5 kids and 4 Grandkids.

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently using a BT silver sprint plan. I usually train 5-6 days a week. Also incorporating a 10K plan for a race on May 9th.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: A 10K and Sprint Tri in May, if all goes well another Sprint in August and an OLY distance in Sept. I am planning a 1 mi. OWS in August and would love to finish the season with a Half Mary in Oct.

WHERE YOU CAN HELP ME:
Although OWS scares the heck out of me, running seems to be the hardest of the 3 for me. I take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. It has been a very slow process for me. 

WEIGHTLOSS: Would like to lose 10 more pounds. I have lost 20 since last August when I seriously started thinking about doing a triathlon.

I have lots to learn and have heard that you are an excellent mentor, would love to be part of the group.

Karen 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » GordoByrn's Group Full for the Spring Rss Feed  

of 27