User image

Regular
K-Vegas, NC
Subject: Amazon's Group - CLOSED

WHEN CAN YOU START MENTORING CONSISTENTLY: Now

NAME:
 mramazon0822 / Mike

STORY:
 I Tri to stay healthy and YOUNG! I am a fast-approaching 40 year old who is refusing to get older. Every year my goal is to be in better shape than the year before. Being an active Triathlete also gives me a tremendous boost in confidence, self-satisfaction and pride. Competing in and training for triathlons has helped me as much mentally as it has physically. The goal setting, dedication and committment necessary to compete in these events can do nothing but help individuals in all aspects of their lives. I can definitely say that I am a better, stronger person as a result of competing in Triathlons.

FAMILY STATUS:
Married to a super supportive wife, proud father of a beautiful 1 year

old baby girl

CURRENT TRAINING:
I just began a 20-week Half-Ironman training program (downloaded from beginnertriathlete.com). During the winter months the majority of my training is done at the club - indoor lap pool, spin classes, etc...However, no matter how cold it is I try to do all of my runs outdoors. As the weather breaks and we get more daylight my workouts will transition to open water lake swims, group bike rides, and more outdoor runs with my buddy Tubby (the black lab).

Last season I competed in a few sprint distance races (Belews Lake, Buckner Mission, Wilmington) and completed my first half-ironman at White Lake! My typical goal is to finish in the top 1/3 of the males competing - up to this point I have accomplished that each and every race. My strongest area is the swim...not sure why, just the way it's worked out. Weakest - run.

2010 RACES:  I will be competing in the Belews Lake sprint once again this season - it's a great venue and super to get such an early start on the season. Not only that, my parents have a boat at the Marina and I always have a bunch of fans! I am also looking to smash my 2010 White Lake Half time in 2011. My goal is to compete in a full-ironman before I turn 40 (2.5 years)

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I am constantly talking to folks about the sport - about being a Triathlete. I have helped two other friends enter the sport and have seen them join the addiction! I thoroughly enjoy helping others, regardless of what we are talking about, but when it comes to physical fitness, I get overly excited about helping and motivating others. When it comes to competing and training for Triathlons I live by a motto that I need to copyright..."There will always be someone Bigger, Faster and Stronger...don't stop until you are that person". I also have the time and energy to commit to a group of beginners looking to enter the world of Triathlon.

Edited by mramazon0822 2011-01-10 11:25 AM

2011-01-03 8:11 PM
in reply to: #3258408

Subject: RE: Amazon's Group - OPEN
I want to be in your group! You sound like an awesome mentor...Really, I will also tell the girls who are doing this to join your group. Look for Katie,Denise, and Mia. I will look at this site more later...it's hard to navigate on the iPhone.
2011-01-04 10:55 AM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey there.  Just started a 20 week HIM plan myself so thought it would be good to share idea etc.  I want to mentor a group in summer so good idea to be in a group prior.   

If his group fills up, I look forward to participating...
2011-01-04 12:28 PM

User image

Master
Mike - I would love to join your group.

NAME: dangremond / Mitch

STORY:
 I started doing triathlons 3 years ago as a means to provide another fitness goal so I could continue to get in better shape.  I took 2010 off due to the arrival of our 3rd child early in the year.  I did manage to fit a half-marathon and a 10-k in during the fall.  In previous years I competed in a handful of sprint triathlons but aspire to longer distances.  The swim is my limiter and I want to improve upon that before going longer.  I don't like to just finish but want to compete in whatever I do with a goal of top 15% or better (nothing wrong with the just finishi goal - its just not me).  I have mentored in the past on this site but don't have the time at the moment and want to be more of a contributor than a leader this season.  This is my season to get back into it and move my ability forward.  Looking for a group to stay motivated with.

FAMILY STATUS:
Married with three girls

CURRENT TRAINING:
I focused solely on running from July through Thanksgiving of 2010.  I recently started cycling (trainer as its cold and icey where I live) and swimming at the gym.  My goal is to get where I am cycling three days a week (currently using Jorge's cycling plan), swimming three days a week, and using BarryP's (from slowtwitch.com) 3-2-1 running plan with 6 days a week running.  Firmly believe that the way to improve running is to start with shorter distances but run as often on a daily basis as possible.

2010 RACES:  I haven't scheduled any races yet...I have been considering an early season half marathon, a sprint triathlon in late june, an olympic in late summer, a half marathon or full marathon in October and a 10-k in November.
2011-01-04 2:50 PM

User image

Regular
K-Vegas, NC
Hopefully we are on our way to filling up! Looking forward to getting to know everybody a bit better, sharing ideas, and helping everybody reach their respective goals for the upcoming season!

2011-01-04 5:08 PM

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington

Hi Mike:

I would be honored to join your group.  I've been an active marathoner for many years and I completed one Olympic Tri a few years ago.  I plan to get serious about Triathlons this year as my body can't take the marathon training any longer.  I'm trying to establish my base level over the next couple of months so I'll be ready to really ramp up the trainng come Spring.

Steve

2011-01-04 8:16 PM

User image

Regular
K-Vegas, NC

Here’s who we have thus far…

Mike – Group leader. Training for half-ironman in May. Third season as triathlete. Father of one, soon-to-be father of two! North Carolina resident.

Amy  - Training for first ever sprint distance triathlon in Aug/Sept? Avid runner. Mother of two wonderful kiddos. Brother is nut job triathlete. NJ resident.

Cardenas – name?? Training for half-ironman…fill us in Cardenas! Resident of West Palm Beach, FL (Lucky A$$)

Mitch – Veteran runner and triathlete. Training for a bunch of stuff. Father of three. Michigan resident.

Steve – Veteran marathoner looking for a “real” sport! JK J Fill us in Steve…

2011-01-04 10:34 PM

User image

New user

Mike,

I am interested in joining the group.  This will be my first year competing in triathlons, with 3 sprints planned and a 10K in the fall.

Background: 28, live Arlington, VA (next to Washington D.C.), married without children.  I've been bicycle commuting and weekend riding for the past year and a half.  Swimming training has begun from ground zero, and I've only done very occasional stints of running since high school (soccer/baseball). 

Training: Prep work (swim focused) Dec-Jan, 12 weeks endurance prep Feb-April, 6 week time-crunched triathlete plan, then prep for 10K (many hours were spent coming up with this plan outline!). 

2011 Races: Triangle Orthopedic Sprint Tri (Raleigh, NC), Washington DC Sprint Tri, Triangle Sprint Tri (Raleigh), Marine Corps Marathon 10K

Thanks and hello all!
Chris

2011-01-05 12:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison

Hi - I would love to join your group, although I don't have time to post all my details right now. 

-Amy

2011-01-05 12:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Toronto
I would like to join.
It's my 3rd season this year. I've only done sprints but am looking at an Olympic this year and nationals (Canadian) in August.
I'm in Toronto, Canada, 40 yrs, a single mom of 2 kids (3 and 7) and do 4 races a year from June/July to Sept.
I swam competitively from 6 yrs to 18 yrs and was then a professional lifeguard in NZ for a couple of years. I was an exercise physiologist for 8 years in Australia and now work as a Medical/Health writer in advertising in Canada (for the past 11 yrs).
I'm the Director of Sponsorship for our local tri club.

Look forward to teaming up with you all.
Fi (short for Fiona)
2011-01-05 1:22 PM

Dover Foxcroft
Hi Mike,

I'd like to join your group!

My story:I competed in my first sprint tri in '09 and was hooked.  I am really looking forward to this coming season and hope to improve by training properly and begin to understand the "science" of the sport.  Like you, swimming is my strength and running is my weakest link. I work part time at the local YMCA so that forces me to stay motivated.  I teach land & H2o aerobics, yoga, and indoor cycling. 

Family status: I'm a 35 y.o. wife & mother to 3 amazing kiddos (5yr, 2yr & 6 months). Luckily my husband is pretty supportive and makes a great cheerleader at the races. 

Current training: I'm really limited in the amount of time I have to train b/c of family demands.   I'm still sleep deprived so getting up early(before the kids) is hard for me to do.  I started a work out routine this week and I'll be creating a plan asap to follow..  Just got the Triathlete's Bible which seems helpful.

2011 races: Polarbear Tri  - May
                    Pirate Tri  -June
                    Tri for the Y - July
                    Tri for a Cure- August
                    Colby Tri - September              All are sprint distance- hope to try Olympic distance next year.

Thanks! Jess

2011-01-05 1:25 PM
in reply to: #3279971

Dover Foxcroft
oh, yeah.. i'm from Maine (a great place to live, but a cold place to train!!)
2011-01-05 2:16 PM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Alright, a bit more background...  And yes, the weather last night on my run was a balmy 72 degrees.   Still running in shorts/no shirt.   Hey, we pay the price the other 8 months of the year with our rediculous humidity. 

Name: cardenas1 / Joe Cardenas

Story: 35 year old father and husband who started at ground-level of fitness 4 years ago.   Found triathlons after my running legs lost their competitiveness on their own.   I train to de-stress, stay healthy, enjoy nature and meet fun people.  My schedule is TIGHT with family and work, so not much others will have in regards to excuses.   I have told them all to myself over the years and none of them have worked so far.   If I had to state my tri ability, I would say FMOP/BFOP.  That is, front of the middle of the pack/Bottom front of the pack.   I tease myself with a few top 10's during the year, but mostly occupy the title of "lite" Clyde who races AG.   

Current Training:   Starting back up after 4 weeks off to end the year.    My normal week is 8-10 hours of training and ramps up to 12-15 late spring and early fall.   I train by effort level and not HR.  In 2010 I raced 2 HIM's, 1 Olympic and a few sprints.  

This year's races:   Feel free to go to my Race Log, but to summarize 2010 season:
2 HIM's, 1 Olympic, 3 Sprints, 1 HM and a few isolated running races etc.   

2011 Races:  Will have a sprint or Olympic in early spring as tune up for Florida 70.3 in Orlando in May.   Few local sprints over the summer and then Miami Man HIM in November.    Maybe 6-7 tris and 3-4 outside running events.  

Weight loss:  This is one area that I do not get focused on.   I call my nutrition "good" and with reasonable discipline.   I go off track without guild and hold my figure well!   I am 6'1'' and weigh 185 at peak race time and 190-195 otherwise.

I have pretty much seen it all after 4 years of training and racing.   I have settled into good rhythm and found HIM's to best fit my training time and skill set.  
2011-01-05 3:09 PM

User image

Veteran
WICHITA FALLS, Texas
NAME: Michael M (MM)

STORY:
 I retired from the U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets) last year after 26 years. I'm currently 48 and a 90% disabled veteran. I became involved with Triathlons two years ago with the completion of my first Biathlon. I also went through nine major surgeries in 2009, which laid me up for most of the year. I began my come back and after six months of recovery in 2010, I completed another Biathlon. My worst event is swimming since my right arm doesn't quite work the way it used to after reconstruction. I want to stay fit and can't stand the thought of becoming inactive. I currently weigh 206lbs at 6'2".

FAMILY STATUS:
Married to my best friend, Tania, who has always supported me in everything I have chosen to do. We have an extremely smart daughter who also participates in Triathlons since last year when she completed her first KIDS in Raleigh!

CURRENT TRAINING:
Currently maintaining, or trying to, my fitness level although the weather, work, and school take their toll. I have access to an indoor poor although I haven't been in the past few weeks.

RACES:
  2010  - I was in recovery mode for about seven months last year but did manage to complete a Biathlon and the Pinehurst Olylmpic Triathlon. I sprained my right ankle 1/4 mile into the six mile run but completed the run, although far from my average time. 
              2011 - I plan to participate in a few sprints this year and complete the Pinehurst Oly again, beating my time from last year with a new PR.

I would like to join the group and share experiences, both accomplishments and failures, with everyone involved.
2011-01-05 3:57 PM

Extreme Veteran
Washington, Utah
I want in!

Name:  LGraff/Laurie

Story:  2010 was my first season doing tris.  I first made the decision to get involved with them because I woke up and realized that I was almost 30, overweight, unhealthy and on a road to a place, mentally, that I did not need to go.  My initial interest in tri came from my background as a swimmer.  While I know now that it is a small part of it, it was a way for me to incorporate something that I loved.  Anyways, long story short, in the past 8 months I have managed to get my diet under control, quit smoking and greatly improve my fitness level.  I'm hoping that this next season I will be able to lose a little bit of weight but really it is secondary to just being healthy.

Family Status:  Single mom to 2 spoiled mutts

Current Training:  BT Olympic 20 week 2x balanced plan.  I'm doing this right now at low intensity to help build my cardio and get ready for the 16 week 3x balanced that I will use in preparation for the Austin Olympic.

2011 Races: 
Shawnee Mission Short Course Tri
Denver Tri For A Cure Sprint Tri
Avia Austin Olympic Distance (Team Livestrong)
Denver Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon (Depending on schedule, fitness, school, life etc)
2011-01-05 7:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison
ok - I'm back.

NAME: Amykmo/Amy
32 years old Madison, WI

STORY:
 This is my third year of doing triathons. I am not a lifelong athlete, in high school I was a band geek. Never, ever thought I would run for fun. I am very fortunate that IMWI's bike course goes past my front door and Madison was the tri bug.  Still I never, ever thought I would do a triathlon. A couple of years ago a friend asked me to do a sprint tri with her.  I trained, she did not. I did the Trek Women's Sprint alone.  Then my Uncle said he had signed up for IMWI and realized that if he could do it, so could I.  I did 2 sprints my first year, and an Oly and sprint last year.

FAMILY STATUS:
Married with 4 year old twins and a 2.5 year old. I'm a stay at home mom who teaches occasionally for the local tech college.

CURRENT TRAINING:
I just started getting back into training after taking a hiatus from swimming and biking to run my first half mary.  I start my formal HIM in a couple of weeks.

2010 RACES:
Capital View Oly, Pigman HIM, Milwaukee Lakefront Mary and a few other races thrown in. We are on a pretty tight budget this year - so not as many as I want.  Also - this year is when I get to sign up for IMMOO 2012.

Also looking to lose about 30 pounds. I feel like I don't look the part of a triathlete and well I could stand to lose that much. I gained it while having my kids and this year it's my main focus.

-Amy

2011-01-05 8:03 PM

User image

Regular
K-Vegas, NC

Chris – welcome! First triathlon will be this summer! That is great and I am truly jealous. I want to go back and do the first one all over again. I’d love to look at your training plan. My thoughts on a training plan  is simple – make a plan and STICK TO IT! There are bazillions of plans out there and a bazillion different opinions on what to do. As long as you are comfortable with what you have and you stick with it, you will excel – especially as a beginner to the sport. Looks like your heading down to NC too – maybe I’ll meet you over in Raleigh.

Hi Fi! Love the name! We are an international group now too! Exercise Physiologist – sweet job. How does a single mother of two find the time to train for triathlon? That’s awesome!

Jess – welcome MAAAAAINE! 6 months ago you had a baby and you have two more running around…and you’re a triathlete? Really!? Love it! Nothing at all wrong with sticking with the Sprints this season. The longer distance races always require more time commitment. How much time do you have to train? Have you looked at the training programs on this site? There is both a 16 week and 20 week  Sprint 2x balanced and 3x balanced program that is great for someone with time commitment issues.

Cardenas – Stop rubbing in the warm weather! We are all FREEZING! So you appear to be our Half IM go-to. Do you have a set plan that you use? If so…what’s it look like?

Michael – I will say nothing mean to you. I don’t wanna off a Special Forces guy. You’re on my TEAM – right? Are you in NC as well? I’ve heard that Pinehurst is great. That’s awesome your daughter has taken to the sport – how old? Mine is 13 months and I think I am going to get her started this season!

Laurie – Congrats on your recent turnaround! I love hearing $hit like that – really! It’s amazing what triathlon can do huh! So your currently on the BT 20 week 2x balanced – will you complete that and then bounce right into the 16 week 3x plan? Just curious.

Hey Amy in Wiscaaaanson. Another mother of all sorts of kids! I don’t know where you find the time – seriously. I have one and I struggle with time. What half plan will you be starting in a couple of weeks?

2011-01-05 8:16 PM

User image

Regular
K-Vegas, NC

SO, we are getting close to closing this group out here. I hope you guys are in this thing! A few things to get the ball rolling…

First, does everybody have a TRAINING PLAN? If not, let’s find you one to start! To each their own, but I am a strong believer in having a plan and STICKING to that plan.

Secondly, does everybody log their workouts? I do, but not electronically for others to view…this will however change beginning tomorrow. I am on week 4 of a twenty week plan – I am going to use the BT Training log and would like to encourage others in this group to do the same. Keeping the workout log is great for motivation and staying focused. We’ll also use a little peer pressure in this group – if you aren’t logging your workouts then you must not be working out!!   

Third, let’s get to know everybody’s fitness goals for this 2011 season. Let’s keep them fairly simple and concrete. No goals are bad goals! We are all different and will all have different goals – let’s just have them!

Fourth, please write your expectations from this mentor group. What do you want, what would you like to get from this group?

I’ll try to respond to everybody as much as humanly possible, but really would like everybody to help everybody! Post away…chat away. Let’s all help one another out!

It’s past my bed time – 5am pool time comes quick! Goodnight and I’ll talk to you guys/gals later!

Amazon

2011-01-05 9:31 PM

Hey, Mike! Looks like u didn't need me to join this group...it filled fast! So glad to be a part of it, though! Just so everyone is clear, I am Mike's less-athletic, less-fit sister! I am a 38 yr old mom of two (3 and 5) and I live in NJ. Wish I lived closer to my little brother bc he is truly an inspiration and so fun to work out with! I have been running for years and completed a couple half marathons...Thought about training for a marathon, but decided a tri would be a new and better fitness challenge. My first race will be the Jersey Girl Sprint Tri on August 7, 2011. If I like it, I'd like to do another in the fall. Mike, I need your help coming up with a solid training plan that begins in March (right now I need to take my swimming lessons...starting this Friday, keep up my runs and do spin class til the weather improves). Can I begin in March? Everyone seems to be talking about 20 weeks, so I'm thinking that's okay. Do any of the moms in this group bike pulling your kids...I will probably have to pull my son sometimes. How does that affect your training? Also, does anyone lift weights while they are training, or should I give up my weight training entirely? Thanks in advance for any input!
2011-01-05 10:20 PM

Hello Mike,

I'd like to join your mentor group. I'm based in Australia and have just started doing triathlons in late 2010. I'll add more to my profile, but basically I've completed 3 Gatorade Sprint distance tri's. My background is a runner from school so my endurance is pretty good, but gave up for about 10yrs when I travelled and had a family.
Looking to try and finish top ten for my age group, pretty average in all areas.

Love your quote, you should definitley copyright it, I definitley want to become that person!

Kate
2011-01-06 12:42 AM

New user

i better get in before you're full!!!

NAME: maddawgpig/ Melissa from Atlanta, GA, currently living in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago-area)

STORY: I'm a new mom, i'm going to be 30 this year, and i'm famous for starting things and not finishing them.  I want to do this and FINISH IT!    I write a blog, and for the blog i started a "30 before thirty list" of things i want to finish before my 30th birthday- this wasn't on the list, but my husband (who will also be 30) suggested that we do a triathalon- i told him ok, what the heck. He has it a little easier than i do- he's an active biker (his parents are crazy bikers) and he can swim pretty well.  Me on the other hand- don't run unless i'm being chased, haven't been on a bike since i was 12 and i'm an ok swimmer.  it's going to be tough- but i can do this!  oh, and we aren't really telling anyone we're doing it- we want to surprise everyone!!

FAMILY STATUS: Married 3+ years.  Our son will be 1 in 2 weeks!!!

CURRENT TRAINING: None.  I have no idea where to begin.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: TBD.  But we would like to do a sprint triathalon in May/June (when we're turning 30).  Husband also wants us to do a 5k in march/april

2010 RACES: Training goals: to train and finish my 1st sprint triathalon!

WEIGHT LOSS: i gained 45 lbs when i was pregnant (i'm very short) and i had lost 35 lbs of it!  In the last 2 months i've gained back 10.  I'd like to lose the rest of the baby weight and go from there!

let's do this!

2011-01-06 1:32 AM

Subject: Bit more about me
NAME: Kate

STORY:
 Starting training for my first half-marathon in Mar 2010, joined a tri-club training sessions so got hooked on the triathlon idea. Got the runners high and totally overtrained, so ended up with a stress fracture after my 2nd half-marathon in August. Had to take 8 weeks out because I refused to rest up enough, then I got to enter my first Sprint Tr in mid Oct. I've done another two since then and improved my performance although not my times. Maybe everyone else got slower? Looking to finish a sprint under the hour (400m, 15km, 4km) or finish a longer one in 1'10" (750m, 20km, 5km). Looking to do my first Olympic distance in March, so lot of work to be done. First year in triathlon, and doing the Gatorade Series (6 races) would love to get a podium overall, but thinking top ten is definitely achievable. Currently in 4th.

FAMILY STATUS:
Married to a unsuportive workaholic (nah he's OK), proud mum of 4 (3 boys, 1 girl) My 14yr son also competes in Tri's (just started last year too)

CURRENT TRAINING:
As this mid-season for us Aussies, I'm doing Swims x2, Runs x2, Bike x2 and a transition or Mini Tri each weekend. Been competing about once a month. Still having a few issues with pushing it in the runs due to the stress fracture but lots of room for improvement.

2010 RACES:  Calypso Bay (competed in 1km Swim as team entry); Gatorade Series: Race 1 Raby Bay 16/34, Race 2 Robina 8/31, Race 3 Raby Bay 12/27. (first Rainy event)

2011 RACES: Race 4 Robina 16 Jan, Qld Sprint Championships 20 Feb (get to see how I go for the state), Race 6 27 Feb, Mooloolaba Olympic 25 Mar, and if I do OK at Olympic I can go in the Qld Olympic Championships 10 April Last Race for season 1 May. Then it's just a few runs in the off season...

Anyway that enough about me, hope to hear from you soon
K
2011-01-06 9:36 AM

User image

Master
Looks like we have a great group forming here.  I would suggest that everyone add each other in the group as friends on their training blogs.  That will make it easier for each of us to send inspires and check up on one another.

Couple comments:

Amazon described me as a veteran runner - not really though.  By way of background let me tell you my story.  I was in the Navy from 1993 until 1999.  I used to joke that during that time I ran 3 miles per year (we had a fitness test twice a year where you had to run 1.5 miles).  The sad thing is I wasn't joking.  I literally ran 3 miles per year.  When I hit my mid 30's (I will be 40 this year - Yay moving up an age group) I was about 25 to 30 pounds overweight and one of my office friends joked and said I now had man boobs (don't mean to be offensive in any way).  That spurred me to at least think about getting in shape.  We joined a gym and eventually I found my way to spin classes as cycling was my first love from high schools days.  That led to mountain biking.  On a business trip a client and I had a discussion about triathlons.  Until that point I didn't realize there were shorter triathlongs - I thought they were all ironmans.  I decided to take the plunge and do my first sprint triathlon.  I fell in love with the sport and actually started to like running.  The next season my bro-in-law suggested that I run the Detroit Half Marathon with him.  I finished my tri season and went right into a Hal Higdon half-marathon plan.  That is when I really began to LOVE running.  Since then I have done 2 more half marathons and my first 10-k race this fall.  I do find it difficult to meld running training (say for an early season long distance race) with triathlon training.  All of the respected literature I have read really suggests that you should pick one if you want to prepare properly.  

As for some of the other comments - I was a band geek too.  You now know I was in the military so hoo-ya to our special forces member and thank you for your service - it sounds like you really gave a ton to our country. 

Regarding training plans - I will be using the Chris Carmichael plan from his new book directed at triathletes with lives outside of triathlon.  It is a high intensity plan built around 6-8 hours per week.  Many of the workouts are back to back - swimming to biking and biking to running.  We will see how it goes.  I will likely modify it if I can to include extra runs so I can get to my goal of 6 runs per week following the 3-2-1 plan.

Regarding season goals - (1) improve my swim (break 2:00 per 100M pace in a race); (2) complete an olympic distance triathlon; (3) break 8 min per mile pace on a half marathon; (4) break 7:30 min per mile pace on a 10-k; (5) run 6 days per week consistently by end of season.

Looking forward to sharing this season with all of you.
2011-01-06 1:32 PM

User image

Veteran
WICHITA FALLS, Texas
Looking forward to the group getting underway Mike. Roger, I live in NC, Fayetteville area, and a member of the Fayetteville Area Tri-Warriors. When will you be publishing the TP for download? I'm currently bumping the 20 x wk Swim intensive plan and am very interested to see what you have in mind.

Don't worry about offing me, I've got 23 under my belt and I'm satisfied with that number.... for now.
2011-01-06 2:31 PM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
I just started using the training log on this site again and it is a GREAT tool.   Also agree it is a good tool to keep everyone on there toes!  

I am doing a 20 week HIM plan that I created myself.   It is kind of a frankenstein lookign plan that combines a lot fo data I took in training the last 3+ years and getting to know my strengths, weaknesses and injury proneness.   I have finished week 1-8 and will copy to our board once I finish it.  

I had my half marathon PR Dec 5th and then rested my sore IT bands until this week.   Taking that time off made my 4 miler this morning feel like 20.   Sucks coming back, but progress makes it all worth it.   

I need to try to figure out how to "friend" someone on this site as mentioned.   if someone knows how please share! 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Amazon's Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 6