BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2010-12-30 4:10 PM

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Subject: Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - CLOSED
NAME: Oriondriver02/ Scott Askins 

STORY: I am a 22 year Naval Officer (P-3 Pilot...hence the callsign) and currently stationed at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL as a member of the USAF Air War College faculty... 2010 was my first year in multi-sport and I began training in late June for the Cajun Man in September... it started as a way for my Brother and I to honor our Father who recently passed away from brain cancer... but once I completed it I was hooked...  here is my story from USAT website... http://www.usatriathlon.org/resources/multisport-zone/my-story/multisport-road-trips-for-the-books

FAMILY STATUS: I am married with 4 kids... 3 daughters (16,14,10) and a son (12)... we are an active family having done 5K's together and this year my son is doing his first multisport event... the PowerMan Alabama Kids Duathlon!

CURRENT TRAINING: 5 weeks in HM plan and 1st of the year add cycling to prep for my first two events of the year!

THIS YEAR'S RACES: 
8/23 DPES 5K
9/3 HAP Mitchell Mile
9/12 Cajun Man Sprint (800m/20mi/5K)
9/26 USAT Sprint Nationals (750m/20K/5k)
10/23 Spinners Pumpkin Run 5K
11/19 HAP Quesada 5K

2011 RACES:  
2/5 HAP Lemay 10K
2/13 Mercedes Half Marathon in Birmingham, AL (13.1 miles)
3/28 Powerman Alabama Double Oak Duathlon in Pelham, AL (2.5K/20K/2.5K)
4/2 HAP Tunner 10 Miler at Maxwell AFB, AL (10 miles)
5/4 Peachtree International in Peachtree City GA (1.5K/40K/10K) 
6/4 Grandman Triathlon in Fairhope AL (1/3mi/16.4mi/3.1mi)
6/11 Buster Britton Memorial Triathlon in Birmingham AL (400y/13mi/3mi)
7/24 Music City Sprint in Nashville TN or IMJ Coaching Camp in Boulder CO
8/13 Mountain lakes Triathlon in Guntersville AL (600y/16.2mi/3mi)
9/10 ITU World Championships in Beijing China (Qualifed at USAT Nationals)

WEIGHTLOSS: Started last June at 183... 178 for Cajun Man and currently 164... want to get to 155 for season!

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I LIVE, EAT, BREATHE, SLEEP all things triathlon... I am on the computer 8-10 hours a day... I have been a mentor for young sailors to Junior Officers to Department Heads in my Naval career and truly understand the value of mentorship... I understand the requirement to balance work, family and training and value each respectively!

Edited by Oriondriver02 2011-01-23 5:12 PM

2011-01-12 12:15 PM
in reply to: #3268688

Subject: RE: Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's
I'm not really sure if your group is still open for new mentorees if so I would like to join.  I am a 47 yr old who participated in 3 sprint tri's last year.  This year my goal is an olympic distance tri in July.  I've worked out forever, but competition and tri's are new to me. I have lots of questions about training and eating and could use a little mentoring! Thanks!
2011-01-12 12:31 PM
in reply to: #3294939

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
carolh - 2011-01-12 12:15 PM I'm not really sure if your group is still open for new mentorees if so I would like to join.  I am a 47 yr old who participated in 3 sprint tri's last year.  This year my goal is an olympic distance tri in July.  I've worked out forever, but competition and tri's are new to me. I have lots of questions about training and eating and could use a little mentoring! Thanks!

Welcome... the group just opened today and you are the first one in... here is what I can offer you... I am not a highly experienced triathlete but I am a driven competitor who thrives on information... as such I do a TON of reading on everything triathlon and can at least offer an opinion on a topic or provide a good reference for discussion. I also have a couple of mentors... who are more than willing to offer their insights so if I cannot offer assistance I can go to the well for some!

My focus is balancing the demands of training for such events while maintaining a full time job and still being a good parent... some days it feels like there are not enough hours in the day but together we will make it work... and be successful at all three!

Welcome!
2011-01-13 10:48 AM
in reply to: #3294996

I've been looking at the 20week 3x balanced training plan on the website and plan to use it as a model. Do you think it matters if I mix up the days and activities?  As an example Monday is a swim/bike day but I swim/run or swim/aerobics instead. I'm also planning on 3-4 sprint tri's prior to the olympic tri in July - thoughts?
2011-01-13 12:17 PM
in reply to: #3297094

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
carolh - 2011-01-13 10:48 AM I've been looking at the 20week 3x balanced training plan on the website and plan to use it as a model. Do you think it matters if I mix up the days and activities?  As an example Monday is a swim/bike day but I swim/run or swim/aerobics instead. I'm also planning on 3-4 sprint tri's prior to the olympic tri in July - thoughts?

Carol... that is exactly what I do... right now I actually have a HM plan I custom built as a training plan using the Hal Higdon plan and then merged just the biking section of a BT Duathlon training plan... but since I do Masters swimming 3 days a week, which is not part of either training plan and a schedule I have no control over, I found that on Wednesdays I would swim in the morning, and then have to bike and run later in the day... I was not interested in doing all 3 events every Wednesday... SO... I shifted my runs from Wednesday to Friday because it fit my schedule. 

Make the plan fit your schedule... as long as you are completing the events every week and gaining the volume it doesn't really matter which days you do them!

As for doing the sprints... GREAT idea... it will give you an opportunity to iron some things out in your execution that most people don't work that much on... open water swims, transitions, etc... HIGHLY RECOMMEND you do that!

Hope that helps!
2011-01-13 3:38 PM

Subject: RE: Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - OPEN
Hello Scott,
My name is Tyler and I would like to be part of your mentor group if possible. I am as new to triathlons as it gets. I bring a new meaning to the word "newbie". Just a little bit about myself. I am 38 years old, 73", and about 190lbs. I live with my wife and two kids in the frozen tundra cheese land of Madison, WI. I am a college graduate from Arizona State University with an Exercise Science/Sports Medicine undergraduate degree. I am a Deputy Sheriff and I am also an Army veteran. I have always been into exercising and staying fit, but never approached the triathlon seriously until now. I too am looking for some pointers on balancing my two full time jobs (My real job and my family) as well as my tiathlon training regiment.
My first triathlon is a sprint triathlon and is scheduled for March 5. It is indoors and consists of a 1/4 mile swim, 5 mile bike, and two mile run. I figured this would be a good starter. My swim is my weak point, so I am concentrating on the swim right now until I can swim at least 400 yds without killing myself. Im finding that breathe control and flip turns are the hardest parts.
I am starting a swim workout tonight that I just got offline. Please let me know what you or anybody thinks about this for a first time sprint triathlon. It looks like this:

800m total
Warm-up = 1x25, 1x50, 1x75
Main Set = 2x25 pull, 2x25 kick
Ladder = 25,50,75,100,75,50,25
Cool Down = 1x75, 1x50, 1x25

I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions as I am doing this completely on my own (With the support of my family of course). Like you Scott, I am doing alot of reading. I am looking forward to this new endeavor and very excited about my first race. Before I forget, any advice on overall nutrition for the triathlete would be helpful as well. I look forward to being part of this mentor group and utilizing as much information as I can to help me become a "real triathlete". It looks like a lot of fun!!

2011-01-13 5:11 PM
in reply to: #3298020

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Dreams111 - 2011-01-13 3:38 PM Hello Scott,
My name is Tyler and I would like to be part of your mentor group if possible. I am as new to triathlons as it gets. I bring a new meaning to the word "newbie". Just a little bit about myself. I am 38 years old, 73", and about 190lbs. I live with my wife and two kids in the frozen tundra cheese land of Madison, WI. I am a college graduate from Arizona State University with an Exercise Science/Sports Medicine undergraduate degree. I am a Deputy Sheriff and I am also an Army veteran. I have always been into exercising and staying fit, but never approached the triathlon seriously until now. I too am looking for some pointers on balancing my two full time jobs (My real job and my family) as well as my tiathlon training regiment.
My first triathlon is a sprint triathlon and is scheduled for March 5. It is indoors and consists of a 1/4 mile swim, 5 mile bike, and two mile run. I figured this would be a good starter. My swim is my weak point, so I am concentrating on the swim right now until I can swim at least 400 yds without killing myself. Im finding that breathe control and flip turns are the hardest parts.
I am starting a swim workout tonight that I just got offline. Please let me know what you or anybody thinks about this for a first time sprint triathlon. It looks like this:

800m total
Warm-up = 1x25, 1x50, 1x75
Main Set = 2x25 pull, 2x25 kick
Ladder = 25,50,75,100,75,50,25
Cool Down = 1x75, 1x50, 1x25

I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions as I am doing this completely on my own (With the support of my family of course). Like you Scott, I am doing alot of reading. I am looking forward to this new endeavor and very excited about my first race. Before I forget, any advice on overall nutrition for the triathlete would be helpful as well. I look forward to being part of this mentor group and utilizing as much information as I can to help me become a "real triathlete". It looks like a lot of fun!!
Tyler-
     Welcome! First.. thank you for your service to our country!! Let me warn you up front... you are going to absolutely get HOOKED on multisports once you complete that first event! Couple of thoughts... 
1. Have you looked at downloading any of the plans here on BT as a starting point? 
2. The first plan I followed was a "Couch to Sprint" from a book I borrowed from a coworker and I can tell you that having a structured plan will set you up for success... it doesn't matter where it comes from... just find one that fits the time you have available to devote to training each week and follow it... you can mix it up to fit your personal schedule but don't miss any events and TAKE A REST ON REST DAYS!!! 
3. The distances on your first event are perfect to give you a good feel for triathlons.... so you picked a good one! 
4. Run YOUR race... not your friend or coworker or fellow competitor... run your race! 
5. I have found that training with a heart rate monitor gave me the ability to monitor my workouts and teach me where my "sweet spot" was... that HR where I can go a long time without fatiguing... just a thought. 
6. Not sure what your background is in swimming... I started with watching some youtube videos on Total Immersion swimming and although it is not performance swimming... it lays down the fundamentals required to streamline your stroke and establish a stroke that will lead to endurance. GOOD FUNDAMENTALS are key to good swimming and TI is a great place to start. Drill Drill Drill... the endurance will come! Initially focus on making every stroke your best stroke, take breaks and don't focus on distances... your plan above looks great!
7. See if there is a local Masters Swimming program... our YMCA has one and it has been an essential element in me taking swimming to the next step. 
8. Balance- this requires dedication on your part to find those times where you can get your workouts in without feeling like you are taking valuable time away from the family.... 0500 swim sessions, lunch time runs, evening indoor trainer sessions, etc... having the support of your family is HUGE and having a cheering section is even better... anything you can do to get them involved is great as well. ie- is there a kids event in conjunction with your event? Can you wife workout at the local gym with you? Get them involved if at all possible!
9. Eating- one of my best friends is a world class triathlete... his advice to me on nutrition was this... "Everytime you eat... ask yourself one question... is this what a champion would eat?" ... you can certainly splurge once in a while but don't make it a habit. 
10. Nutrition- I have slowly started to realize the importance of being prepared for a workout from a nutritional perspective... make sure you are staying hydrated (especially in the pool... I suffer from toe cramps WAY TOO OFTEN in the pool and it is mostly due to hydration)... take water on your rides and sitting on the pool edge during swims... consider taking water on long runs! If your body is not ready you run the risk of bonking which equals lost training opportunity. 
Hope that helps... look forward to offering you my opinion on stuff... 
Scott
2011-01-13 5:36 PM

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Here is one of the best threads I have seen on swimming...
This is one of my favorite websites on swimming...
Scott
2011-01-14 8:17 AM
in reply to: #3298276

Scott,
Thank you so much for all of your advice. I will definitely have to purchase a heart rate monitor. Can you recommend one that works in and out of the pool? My 800 workout that I posted yesterday went really good this morning. Stopped to catch my breathe a few times, but overall concentrated on my technique and slowing it down like you recommended. I appreciate the links to the videos too. Extremely helpful! I am posting my workouts in the training log section of BT. Is there anything else that you might recommend doing on BT? Any helpful tools that I might be missing?
Tyler
2011-01-14 8:58 AM
in reply to: #3299076

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Dreams111 - 2011-01-14 8:17 AM Scott,
Thank you so much for all of your advice. I will definitely have to purchase a heart rate monitor. Can you recommend one that works in and out of the pool? My 800 workout that I posted yesterday went really good this morning. Stopped to catch my breathe a few times, but overall concentrated on my technique and slowing it down like you recommended. I appreciate the links to the videos too. Extremely helpful! I am posting my workouts in the training log section of BT. Is there anything else that you might recommend doing on BT? Any helpful tools that I might be missing?
Tyler

AWESOME on the swim workout... remember that in btwn the intervals (like on the ladder) take 20-30 rest with sip of water btwn each part!!

Things I do on BT- log all my training in the Training Log, list all my races in the Race Log, read Race Reports from those that have done the event previously.

Things I do outside of BT- I maintain a food log on my Android phone (lots of great programs available for free)... you will be surprised by what you eat when you write everything down

Heart rate monitor- I don't use one in the pool; I have a Garmin 405 that I use for running and cycling; here is the best website for reviews... www.dcrainmaker.com/p/product-reviews.html

Swimming- again... focus all your initial efforts on technique and don't worry about time or distances... that will come once you have an efficient stroke... any luck finding a Masters Program?

Keep it up!

Scott
2011-01-14 9:20 AM

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL

2011-01-14 11:17 AM
in reply to: #3299076

Hi Tyler, I have been focusing on my swimming too, we don't have a master's swim here so I'm kind of on my own.  The lifeguards have been really helpful for me - every now and then I ask if they have any tips for me.  Most of them have been swimming for years and can point out areas to improve. Once I opened the door for feedback they have been great.  I have been focusing on drills (usually while repeating to myself "believe in the drills, believe in the drills)  In April I signed up for a similar event  - 500m swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run here. Did you teach yourself the flip turn? I can't decide if its worth the time to learn or not since most events are outside and my form needs all the attention it can get.
2011-01-14 11:22 AM
in reply to: #3297439

Hi Scott, any mental tricks for staying on the bike trainer?  We will probably have snow for a couple more months and I am struggling to get more than 45 minutes in before I go crazy.
2011-01-14 11:47 AM
in reply to: #3299596

Carol,
Thanks for your response. That is a good idea. I never thought about asking the lifeguard. I tried to teach myself the flip turn and no matter how hard I exhaled out of my nose, I would always get a mouth full of water. I read several articles on this that focus on triathletes. In a nutshell a lot of triathletes do not utilize the flip turn because of the open water swimming. On the flip side of the coin, it seems that it would probably be a good idea to implement for the longer swims in the pool. I think I am going to focus on my swimming technique and breathing first so that I can swim 4 or 500 yards without a break. Once I feel confortable with that I will probably work on the flip turn again. Scott mentioned the Masters swim program too. I do have one that I can join, however I'm not sure if it is a club that requires scheduled swims or not. I pretty much get to the pool at different times on different days whenever I can fit it in. Do they usually have coaches? Thanks for your post. Good to be part of a team!

2011-01-14 11:48 AM
in reply to: #3299216

Scott,
Thanks, I will go check it out!!
2011-01-14 12:22 PM
in reply to: #3299690

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
I still don't do flip turns despite my swim coach spending an entire session one Saturday teaching me... they will help with your times in the pool for sure but I have yet to execute them very well when I do try them!

Bike trainer... following a program is the easiest... whether it be a Carmichael Training Systems or Spinervals... I just tried this one the other day and really liked it... www.turbocrank.com... I know some folks put in a movie or watch their favorite TV shows to pass the time...

Scott

2011-01-14 8:46 PM

New user

Scott,

How are you and hope all is well. I was hoping to join your group if there is space open. I am currently training for Buffalo Springs Lake HIM in Lubbock, TX. I have done several sprints and olympic Tri. This will be my first HIM. A little back ground on me. I am married with 5 boys (14,10,7,4, and 3). I am currently on active duty in the Army. I have 21 years of service and love my job. Thank you for your service as well. As far as triathlons I tend to favor the bike then run and last the swim. I am not getting any better in the swim and do need a lot of work  in this area. Any advice you may have would be greatful.

2011-01-15 6:25 AM
in reply to: #3300750

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
hminus1505a - 2011-01-14 8:46 PM

Scott,

How are you and hope all is well. I was hoping to join your group if there is space open. I am currently training for Buffalo Springs Lake HIM in Lubbock, TX. I have done several sprints and olympic Tri. This will be my first HIM. A little back ground on me. I am married with 5 boys (14,10,7,4, and 3). I am currently on active duty in the Army. I have 21 years of service and love my job. Thank you for your service as well. As far as triathlons I tend to favor the bike then run and last the swim. I am not getting any better in the swim and do need a lot of work  in this area. Any advice you may have would be greatful.

HOOAH! Welcome to the group... 5 boys??? That is simply awesome! Thank you for 21 years of service and more importantly thank your family for their dedication to you allowing you to serve!
Swimming... I HEAR YA.... I cannot stress just how important finding a local US Masters Swim Program was for my swimming... I initially taught myself TI after watching videos and practicing drills on my own at the base pool... and I was very successful at establishing a baseline efficient stroke which resulted in about a 2:05/100m swim time... I actually did my first 2 sprints using that stroke. Knowing I was hooked on triathlons I solicited for some help and found the local Masters program... they were able to improve my stroke in several technique based improvements and then we started working on speed.. I have brought my times down to 1:40/100m without a significant increase in yardage. 
Here is also one of my favorite sites... http://www.swimsmooth.com/ and although you can do the reading to get some ideas it certainly helps to have someone watching over you to point out flaws!
What kind of plan are you using for the HIM?
2011-01-16 9:38 AM

Hello Scott,

My name is Tom and I would like to join your group if it is still open. I am new to tri-sports and am motivated to complete some events this summer. I passively started running and biking before the fall and became hooked right when the snow started falling. So I took my workouts inside and have been running, biking on my trainer, and utalizing a new medicine ball workout. My biggest challenge is going to be swimming, as I have not been able to hit a pool yet. I have downloaded the 20 Week Balanced X3 regimen and will be starting it Monday. Currently I rotate days between an hour long ride, an hour long run, and then throw in my strength training on my off days. This was working pretty well until yesterday, I started to feel some pain in the back side of my knee and it is still sore this morning. I am looking for some advice on training and not to injure myself durring training.
2011-01-16 10:35 AM
in reply to: #3302543

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
tclaxton - 2011-01-16 9:38 AM Hello Scott,

My name is Tom and I would like to join your group if it is still open. I am new to tri-sports and am motivated to complete some events this summer. I passively started running and biking before the fall and became hooked right when the snow started falling. So I took my workouts inside and have been running, biking on my trainer, and utalizing a new medicine ball workout. My biggest challenge is going to be swimming, as I have not been able to hit a pool yet. I have downloaded the 20 Week Balanced X3 regimen and will be starting it Monday. Currently I rotate days between an hour long ride, an hour long run, and then throw in my strength training on my off days. This was working pretty well until yesterday, I started to feel some pain in the back side of my knee and it is still sore this morning. I am looking for some advice on training and not to injure myself durring training.
Tom... WELCOME! Glad to see you have been bitten by the same bug as the rest of us on here... it is addicting... and trying to balance all of life's competing interests for us Age Groupers is a challenge. 
First thing that caught my attention... Glad to see you have included strength training in your schedule... that is critical to optimizing all of the disciplines! Now... the other thing to consider is mixing up your workouts... although there is something to be said for time in the saddle... you really need to vary your workouts to see gains in performance... by that I mean... 1 day interval training... 1 day speedwork... 1 day endurance.... most of the plans give you detailed workouts to complete and will focus on those three ideas... building distance along the way!  
Okay... the BIGGEST thing to concern yourself with is injury prevention... too much too soon too fast... will cause your body to revolt.... when the plan calls for a 2 mile run in Z1/Z2... you have to have the discipline to do just that... it is a building block process where you have to teach your body to handle the longer distances over time. Also... Rest as hard as you train! I cannot over emphasize the importance of ensuring you have rest days to allow your body to recover so you can go hard on the next event. If at any time something does not feel right... stop... don't continue on with the idea of it will just go away... something is wrong and you need to address it before you cause significant injury!
Hope that helps... and again.. WELCOME!
2011-01-16 1:19 PM

Today is my first rest day and it is pretty tough!I'm not so good resting but I am trying to heed the wisdom of others.  Last week I managed to get in 9 hours of training (3 swim, 3 runs, 3 bikes and 2 strength trainings).  It feels pretty good, and I plan to maintain this schedule for 4 weeks gradually adding time to each area. 

I realized I had not commented on why I "picked" this group.  Balance is a continual challenge for me.  I'm married to a fantastically supportive husband and we have 6 boys (3 mine and 3 yours) who are all grown men now (30-26 - two active Navy) and at 47 now have the added blessing of daughters in laws, S/Os and grand kids.  I work full time and I am a part time student, all this adds up to a life that could certainly use some pointers on balance!

2011-01-16 8:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Guam
Scott--
1. I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to help others.
2. I would like to join your group. My GF and I want to learn tri. We have never done a tri event.  I am 60yr. old and DID race USCF Masters level.  We swim for hours off Miami beach.  We swim, lift, run and ride almost every day. I have just registered on this forum in an effort to learn as much about tri as I can. We are both very competative people with a lot of questions and need a good mentor.
Thank you
2011-01-17 7:30 AM
in reply to: #3303431

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
spearit - 2011-01-16 8:16 PM Scott--
1. I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to help others.
2. I would like to join your group. My GF and I want to learn tri. We have never done a tri event.  I am 60yr. old and DID race USCF Masters level.  We swim for hours off Miami beach.  We swim, lift, run and ride almost every day. I have just registered on this forum in an effort to learn as much about tri as I can. We are both very competative people with a lot of questions and need a good mentor.
Thank you
Welcome! You have made a great decision to frequent these boards as there is a ton of great information to help you through your first event! Couple of questions...
1. What distance event are you looking to do?
2. Have you set goals?
3. Are you following a training plan?
4. Have you picked your first event?
It sounds like you have the basis covered from a workout schedule... I would recommend you set some goals to help provide motivation... even if the first goal is to just complete the event! Standing by for your questions... 
Scott
2011-01-17 7:09 PM
in reply to: #3299216

Scott,
I have been looking ahead at some tri bikes. My first race is indoors so I dont need one now, however my second race (also a sprint) is scheduled for May 1, and I will need one then. I have a mountain bike that is way outdated and dont even know if it would make it 12 or 15 miles. I was looking at some of the big names (Scott, Cervelo, QR Ultegra). These bikes are astronomical and I know that I do not require this type of bike until I turn pro Do you have any recommendations for bikes? 
Thanks,
Tyler 

2011-01-17 8:12 PM
in reply to: #3305234

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Dreams111 - 2011-01-17 7:09 PM

Scott,
I have been looking ahead at some tri bikes. My first race is indoors so I dont need one now, however my second race (also a sprint) is scheduled for May 1, and I will need one then. I have a mountain bike that is way outdated and dont even know if it would make it 12 or 15 miles. I was looking at some of the big names (Scott, Cervelo, QR Ultegra). These bikes are astronomical and I know that I do not require this type of bike until I turn pro Do you have any recommendations for bikes? 
Thanks,
Tyler 

Tyler-
     Let me start with this... I competed in the USAT Sprint National Championships in September and there were several mountain bikes there... my best advice would be to set a budget and then hit your Local Bike Store (LBS) and see what they have by the way of both new and used... get them to give you a quick fit to determine size... you might find a great deal there as people are always trading up... next... I would take a hard look at Craigslist for road bikes and triathlon bikes... there are ALOT of great bikes out there... if you have any desire to do group rides with a local riding club or road races then a road bike is the way to go! 
I hear you on the STICKER SHOCK... it is overwhelming to find out that the entry level bikes are $2500... I am in the process of upgrading from my Trek 2.1 road bike to a dedicated tri bike... on Saturday I road tested a bunch of bikes to include a $10K Trek Speed Concept... simply amazing the technology that is out there!
Now... having said all that... eBay is an option but I would be REALLY hesitant to buy a used bike sight unseen although I have toyed with the idea myself... I really think you need to look a bike over and more importantly... RIDE IT to see if you fit! Fit is the most critical step and I highly recommend you do that up front to avoid buying a bike that does not fit you or is not comfortable because you won't ride it!!!
Hope that helps...
Scott
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 4