UK Triathlon Forum England » Training in London Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-18 12:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Sun Prairie-ish, WI
Subject: Training in London

This is for my London peeps.   I will be traveling to London in the beginning of May for 2 weeks.  It is right in the middle of train, so I obviously don't want to take that time off.   I will be staying at the Crown Plaza Docklands.  They have workout facility, but the pool is only 14 meters.  That is a lot of laps for 3000 meter session.  They have treadmills and station bikes to use.  Any suggestions on were to swim and any trails or routes for outside running?

Thanks in advance.

2011-03-21 4:34 AM
in reply to: #3403713

User image

Champion
Chicago
Subject: RE: Training in London
b.will - 2011-03-18 12:53 PM

This is for my London peeps.   I will be traveling to London in the beginning of May for 2 weeks.  It is right in the middle of train, so I obviously don't want to take that time off.   I will be staying at the Crown Plaza Docklands.  They have workout facility, but the pool is only 14 meters.  That is a lot of laps for 3000 meter session.  They have treadmills and station bikes to use.  Any suggestions on were to swim and any trails or routes for outside running?

Thanks in advance.

You can go to Hyde Park where people swim in the Serpentine. I've not yet done it but the rumor is the pond is full of duck sh*t. There are tons of places to run. I happen to live in the docklands and run either along the Thames South Bank west toward the city, under Tower Bridge to the Eye and then back along the bank, or across the footpath into Greenwich Park, which is really nice.

As far as swimming in a pool, good luck -- the gyms here will charge you a ridiculous amount to get in if you're not a member.
New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Training in London Rss Feed