Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Melbourne in 07! Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2005-12-05 11:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane
Subject: Melbourne in 07!

Am I allowed to post here yet? My GF and I are moving to the lucky country in early 07! Most likely we'll be heading to Melbourne, initially.

Any Victorians out there? What's the tri scene like?

FĂ©lix

2005-12-27 4:55 PM
in reply to: #298967

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: RE: Melbourne in 07!
Hey Felix!

I'm a Melbournian (La Rakusillian used to be here too) and I can assure you the tri scene is alive & kicking here. We have 2 series that go through summer on alternate weekends the Protiviti series www.triseries.com.au, and the Gatorade Series www.supersprint.com.au, there's one half IM race I can think of in Victoria see www.sheppartonhalfironman.com. There are heaps of clubs you can join depending on your location.

Hey, it works for me, but then I don't really have anything to compare it to!

Cheers,
Casie

2006-07-02 7:53 PM

Melbourne, Victoria
Get getting into triathlons, but have a look at www.trivic.org.au I am looking at starting off with the Protivite Tri Series which gets starts around Nov. See www.triseries.com.au for last years program (06/07 dates not out)

All the best....
2006-09-07 11:57 PM

User image

Dragoman,

melbourne is the place to come. It's a great city to live and train as well. Try to get accomm near the bayside suburbs which will allow you to ride & train along our beautiful beach rd which runs from Port Melb. to Portsea.
2006-10-08 4:30 AM

User image

Hey,

Im a melbournian.....and you couldnt pick a better place for the Tri Scene. Us Victorians LOVE allll kinds of sports and the facilities at your back door are just perfect. I am a part of a tri club, and there are many different groups/clubs you can join- regardless where you move. I would suggest that you look at moving to a Bayside suburb- thats where the beach, running and cycle tracks are amazing....alllll with a gorgeous beach view!!!!

good luck and please feel free to ask any questions

Lori
2006-11-08 7:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
I am BACK! Had another baby and moved back to Melbourne - living in Elwood - the absolutely perfect traithlon training and racing location! How good is that! Felix - I am so excited that you will be here seeon - please PM me for my contact details. I would love to catch up for a chat and maybe even a cycle??? Melbourne is the BEST place for triathlon - Sydney was difficult to train and race in - especially the unfriendly cycling situation - you almost get killed everytime you go out for a ride... Looking forward to welcoming you and your GF to Melbourne!

2007-01-07 8:46 PM

User image

Melbourne
Tri scene great. We have a local tri in the summer every 3-4 weeks. See site http://www.trivic.org.au/

Another good site is: http://www.supersprint.com.au/- they host the more popular tri series in Melbourne, the Gatorade tri series.

We also have great weather in summer for tri's, usually between mid 20 degrees to late thirties/early forties. Recently did the Shepparton half ironman (North Victoria) and it was a bit extreme - 42 degrees and smoke from bushfires, but otherwise it's a great season.

Melbourne's a great place, lots of tri's and tri clubs, heaps of bike racing and loads of quality clubs/coaches. Also it's a great place to rest and have a beer/coffee afterwards!
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Melbourne in 07! Rss Feed