Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Anyone done "Storm the 10" in Milton? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-04 3:31 PM

Veteran
Waterloo, Ontario
Subject: Anyone done "Storm the 10" in Milton?

I just heard yesterday about a race at Kelso Conservation area called "Storm the 10" - it's a 10-hour race involving mountain biking, running, and paddling.  You try to complete as many laps as you can in the time limit.  You can do it solo or in teams (as a relay).  Based on last year's results, each lap of the course takes 50-120 minutes.

Has anyone done it?  I'm mainly curious what level of mountain biking expertise is required, and how good of a bike is required to be competitive.

Here's the website: http://stormevents.ca/stormthe10.htm.  They are coy about the course, so I haven't been able to discover the level of difficulty to expect going up and downhill.

2011-11-14 11:19 PM
in reply to: #3831580

Subject: RE: Anyone done "Storm the 10" in Milton?
Hello,I competed in The Solo category at this years race and I'd highly recommend it. The organizers try and change things up each year but over all it's a cool format and youll never get bored!!I rode a Specialized Hardrock Disc and I found it sufficient for this race. You'll see lots of high end bikes, but as in any multi sport race, it's the engine that counts.The mtb course makes full use of the ski hills, and there are a couple of serious ascents, one pretty technical, that 99% of the field were walking up, after a couple of laps.There are a couple of short gnarly descents as well where I saw a few wipeouts. Some ppl had to walk down the ski hill as well, to be on the safe side. For a serious off roader, the course won't be too challenging. That part comes with having to do it again and again, hour after hour!!Let me know if you need more details and I'll be happy to provide.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Anyone done "Storm the 10" in Milton? Rss Feed