General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone in Lexington, KY Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-08-25 7:42 PM

User image

Lexington, KY
Subject: Anyone in Lexington, KY
So I'm totally new to all of this and I am looking for other people who are training. Anyone in Lexington, KY?

2004-08-29 9:59 AM
in reply to: #53263

Arizona
Subject: RE: Anyone in Lexington, KY
Hi PhotoRue. I used to live in Lexington and would have defintately trained with you. I live in Phoenix, Az now so it wouldn't quite work. Lexington is such a nice city. It's not too big, but big enough. And all of those beatiful horse farms! Wow, just remembering what a beautiful part of the country your in. Good luck with your trianing and with finding a training partner. If you live close to UK campus, you might want to stick a few wanted posters on the bulletin boards. Good luck

-Soarah
2004-09-05 11:51 AM
in reply to: #54852

User image

Lexington, KY
Soarah,
thanks for the good wishes! it is beautiful here, once I get up to some real distance I will have to take advantage of the surrounding horse country for training! Right now I am using the UK Arboretum. I bought my first running shoes yesterday and did my first run since High School. Who knew I could be so excited about running for 4 whole minutes!!! :-)
Thanks for the e-mail and enjoy the southwest! Its pretty amazingly beautiful there too!
-Ruth

Edited by PhotoRue 2004-09-05 11:52 AM
2004-09-20 4:32 PM

Versailles, KY
How about Versailles!! Pretty close, huh? I just finished my first tri in Lebanon, KY with the help and support of this site & it's members! We'll have to get together and get movin' this fall!

P.S. Have you discovered any training spots WITH OUT HILLS!!!???

TTFN - From Deep in Horse Country
Tracie
2004-09-20 9:51 PM
in reply to: #64270

User image

Lexington, KY
Tracie,
If you just finished a tri i'm guessing I wouldn't be much of a training partner for you! :-(
I have made it up to 6 whole minutes of running! I can do 800 yds in 25 minutes in the pool and I haven't really started my serious biking yet. I tend to run at the UK Arboretum, which is by no means flat! I'm sure I will regret it once I start upping my times! Where and when do you bike? Are you part of a club or do you train on your own?
Thanks for the contact! We'll have to get together, maybe I can keep up with you on the bike?
Cheers,
Ruth
2004-09-21 6:57 PM

Versailles, KY
disclaimer: I just finished my first and while I did win a beautiful medal for 2nd in my age group - I was 2nd to last to finish - but smiling all the way!!
I started out just like you! I used the Couch to tri 16 week training program and slowly worked up to the distances - still perfecting form - and working on speeeeddd! I bought my bike at Pedal the Planet on Richmond road just south of M-O-W they were muy helpful and patient with me. I bike on country roads by my house at just off peak times - still scared of traffic we'll plan a ride soon!!

2004-09-22 1:17 AM
in reply to: #64839

User image

Lexington, KY
Tracie,
Well all the more congratulations!!!! My goal for my first Tri is to cross the finish line! And the way I felt after my 6 minute run the other day I'm finding it hard to believe this will all come together! But I promised myself so here we go!
My bike was a birthday present from my family so I got a hybrid (price) from REI in DC. I think the frame is a touch too big but I really like the bike. Maybe I'll go down to Pedal... and see what they think.
Would love to meet up and ride. I haven't dealt with much traffic or riding with other bikes around so I am looking forward to seeing how I do.
My e-mail is [email protected] give me a buzz and we'll compare schedules!
2005-10-09 5:56 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
jdd7743 is in Lexington...he is a resident and doesn't have much time but seems like a nice guy
2006-05-04 7:22 AM

New user

I know this is late and you probably already have a partner, but I'll be moving to Lexington in a couple of weeks (In Georgetown right now) and I'd love a training partner. I'll be training for the Lame Duck on July 8 for my first tri. If not, that's cool too. Best of luck.

-God Bless,
Mason
2006-05-04 9:08 AM
in reply to: #414419

User image

Lexington, KY
Mason,
The Lame Duck is going to be a fun race (but hilly!) I won't be in town for it which I'm very sad about but I do know the family that started it and they are wonderful!
I train with Team in Training most of the time. In addition I swim with masters, run with John's Run Walk shop and the Todd's Road Stumblers, and bike with the blue grass cycling club. I would be happy to 'introduce' you to the opportunities here in lexington!
Welcome!
Ruth
2006-05-10 12:59 PM

User image

Regular
Kentucky

Hi Ruth,

I just noticed your post, I am in Lexington,  well live in Nicholasville technically.  This is my first tri season.  I noticed we did the Falling Springs together.  You wouldn't have seen me at the awards table that's for sure.  No wait I did win a door prize, a jug of Hammer Gel stuff, not sure how much use that will get.

I just joined the BCC as well. I have done a couple of rides. Still learning the nuances of riding with a group.  It's different than just going out and hammering away.  I had hoped to do the Midway ride tonight but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Good luck with your training goals and I hope our paths cross in the future.

2006-05-11 1:33 AM
in reply to: #420008

User image

Lexington, KY
Hey Craig,
Well oddly enough I have been at the awards table twice! Once at the Alcon Tri for Sight last year when we got first place female relay, of course we were the ONLY relay team, and then this January I got 2nd in my age group at the polar bear mini sprint. After that one my sister said to me "so were there more than two people in your age group?"! Only a sister can be that cruel! (and yes! there were 3!)

We are doing the Memphis in May Olympic next weekend and I am sure I will be very far away from the awards table but I am loving this sport and am looking forward to crossing the finish line!

Hope our paths cross.
-Ruth
2006-07-13 9:46 AM

User image

Regular
Louisville, KY
I have lived in Lexington my whole life (except for college), but unfortunately I'm moving to Louisville in about a month to get my masters. I've worked out a bunch of cool routes for running and biking if you want.
2006-07-13 10:36 PM

User image

Lexington, KY
Matt,
sorry to hear you are leaving lexington but I wish you all the best in grad school. I really enjoyed my time getting my masters, I hope you do as well!
I would love to hear about your run/bike routes...i'm always looking for something good other than the arboretum!
Cheers,
Ruth
2006-07-13 10:37 PM
in reply to: #481440

User image

Lexington, KY
Matt,
sorry to hear you are leaving lexington but I wish you all the best in grad school. I really enjoyed my time getting my masters, I hope you do as well!
I would love to hear about your run/bike routes...i'm always looking for something good other than the arboretum!
Cheers,
Ruth
2007-01-06 12:46 PM
in reply to: #414419

New user

Mason-

I'm living in Lexington, KY and starting to train for my first Tri. I'm looking for a training partner, or someone to motivate me thru the tough days. Any interest, email me.

Noah.

2007-01-08 2:19 PM
in reply to: #644733

New user

Hey Noah,
Sorry about this, but I just moved to Louisville for med school. However, I'm more than happy to message with you about staying motivated and such, heaven knows I could use the motivation too. Any way, you can reach me here or at my e-mail, [email protected]

God Bless,
Mason
2007-01-08 5:02 PM
in reply to: #646544

New user

Mason-

Good luck in MedSchool, im a Nurse at UK, and currently in Grad School for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, so i can empathize with you. Its hard to commit to such a lifestyle change, and start school as well. Its going to be tough, but i'm sure we can make it.

Keep up the trainning, and good luck with your new city, and new school.

take care.

Noah
2007-01-08 5:38 PM

User image

Lexington, KY
Noah,
I'd be happy to introduce you to the folks in the Bluegrass Triathlon club, masters swimming, etc. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like.
Cheers,
Ruth
p.s. Mason, good luck in med school!
2007-01-10 10:20 AM
in reply to: #646947

New user

Hey thanks Ruth,

I'd like to start in with the clubs, but i personally don't feel like i'm ready, i've been doing my own trainning for awhile now, off and on. So.. i need to increase my thresholds a little more before i really join some trainning groups.

bicycle.

Noah
2007-01-26 3:00 PM

I am in Lexington...and am also in search of a training partner. I am a decent swimmer and decent biker...awful runner though. Would always be interested in a training group or partner.

2007-02-12 7:33 AM
in reply to: #64270

User image

Elizabethtown, KY
When was the tri in Lebanon? My wife want to do her first - and I'm looking for a good "first attempt" for her.

Neal
2007-02-12 1:31 PM
in reply to: #687429

User image

Lexington, KY
Neal,
I don't know about the Tri in Lebanon but there is one at Falling Springs in Versailles in April that is the first race of the season that I am shooting for. It is a nice race with a pool swim, a bike through town and then a trail run. There is also the Max Performance Triathlon Series in Shelbyville that had it's first race (a polar bear mini sprint reverse tri, i.e. pool swim last instead of first) Feb 4th!
You can see a list of some Kentucky races at
http://www.trifind.com/ky.html
Cheers,
Ruth
2007-02-12 1:35 PM
in reply to: #669239

User image

Lexington, KY
Noah and Todd,
You don't have to be at any particular skill level to join the clubs. Believe me I am no uber-athlete! I just love the comraderie that comes with being a triathlete and training with friends.
When the weather gets a bit warmer I will be running at the arboretum, love those rolling hills!, and I swim at Lancaster pool and spin at Scheller's on Broadway!
Can't wait for it to get warmer and get back outside!
Cheers,
Ruth
2007-02-12 1:38 PM
in reply to: #688180

PhotoRue,

How are you able to swim at Lancaster?

T
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone in Lexington, KY Rss Feed  

of 2