BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SCIFT group (Short Course is Fast Twitch)! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2013-01-22 7:47 AM
in reply to: #4588475

User image

Veteran
Houston, Texas
Subject: RE: SCIFT group (Short Course is Fast Twitch)!
Pink Socks - 2013-01-21 4:51 PM

ligersandtions - 2013-01-20 9:37 PM
Pink Socks - 2013-01-20 4:43 PMNicole, thinking about you and praying for you since you had your knee surgery last week.  Hope you heal quickly and perfectly and are back to working out soon!
Thanks, Pam! Surgery on Friday seems to have gone well. I have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and also start PT in the afternoon. Hoping for good news and a quick recovery! So far, it hasn't been as bad as I was expecting...first surgery ever!

I'm so glad that all has gone well.  Appt today ok?  I know PT can sometimes hurt like a %$&^ but it helpful.  Good luck and continuing to think about you.  Cool

Everything went well yesterday.  I met with the surgeon and he told me what he did (turns out there was some scar tissue / debris that was in there rubbing against my cartilage that he remove -- a lot of it.  He also injected a vitamin shot to help with healing of the cartilage).  Other than not being able to get it wet for another week (i.e. no swimming), he said I have no real restrictions and to let pain dictate.

PT also went well....right now, he's just having me do some work to engage the quad and kneecap, and then we'll meet again next week.  He said at this point, it's hard to tell if the pain is due to the knee, or due to having someone dig around in my knee.  So I have homework till next week, and then the real torture begins

Good news is that I have almost full range of motion already and I don't seem to have lost any muscle strength (which would have been very disheartening considering the surgery was only Friday!). 

Thanks for all the well wishes!  Looking forward to getting back out there!  I think I'll see how the trainer treats me on Thursday morning

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SCIFT group (Short Course is Fast Twitch)! Rss Feed  

of 10