BT Development Mentor Program Archives » ASPHALT JUNKIES Summer Bronzing Crew - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2013-05-24 9:43 AM
in reply to: wbayek

User image

Master
Columbia, TN
Subject: RE: ASPHALT JUNKIES Summer Bronzing Crew - OPENED
My Doc called me last night to say that all of my blood work looks good.

Next up is a stress test on Wednesday. I'm not going to let them do the test as they usually do. I'm going to ask them to let me take it to my limits and see if I can induce a recurrence.

I trained today and felt good.

If the cardiac test is all good then I will have to assume that I became severely dehydrated.

Dirk, to answer your question...they were able to find veins, but my usual over-the-top vascularity was nowhere to be seen. That doesn't necessarily support the dehydration theory because with a BP of 80/60 there wouldn't be many veins to see either.

As for my being tough to finish...I want to tell of some other people....both women. One was Meiling Yee from California. She made the podium in the 50-54 age group. She had a spectacular sounding crash where the bike came over the top and landed on her puncturing her calf with the chain ring. After she finished the race she was in the medic tent getting cleaned up and was told she needed to go to the ER for irrigation, stitches and antibiotics.

But that pales in comparison to another woman who came in to get her broken collar bone packed in ice and ace bandaged in to a sling. She did this on the bike and finished the bike and then the run before getting help!

2013-05-24 9:43 AM
in reply to: JeffY

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally posted by JeffY

Originally posted by BigDaddyD79

Looking for some advice. I'm looking at picking up a aero helmet. I'm kind of torn between the giro select II and the giro air attack shield. The select would be a little more aero, but after having them on, the air attack is way more comfortable, but looks a little more dorky,.......as far as aero helmets go. Any opinions?

As I look over Giro's website I don't see a 'select II'. I will assume you are referring to the 'selector'.

I really like the air attack helmet and it's magnetic visor setup. It's probably akin to a road bike with aero tubing....it's not intended to be the most aerodynamic helmet, but perhaps the most aerodynamic of the round shaped helmets. It's something you could make your only helmet....and you could use it in road races.

For triathlons and time trials I would pick the Selector. That's a sweet helmet. The most comfortable helmet isn't an important criteria for me, but I don't race long course. If the Selector's relative discomfort would be an issue, it's best to avoid that.

The Giros are great helmets, so don't interpret this as steering you away from them. Just want to let you know that if you are interested in a Rudy Wingspan helmet I can get it for you for $186.

Ya I meant the selector. Might have been the auto correct on the iPad. I've got a few races coming up and I really like to support the LBS. plus being Canada our customs will tack on a pile at the border, lol. Government has to get their share. But thanks for the offer.
2013-05-24 9:45 AM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally posted by JeffY

My Doc called me last night to say that all of my blood work looks good.

Next up is a stress test on Wednesday. I'm not going to let them do the test as they usually do. I'm going to ask them to let me take it to my limits and see if I can induce a recurrence.

I trained today and felt good.

If the cardiac test is all good then I will have to assume that I became severely dehydrated.

Dirk, to answer your question...they were able to find veins, but my usual over-the-top vascularity was nowhere to be seen. That doesn't necessarily support the dehydration theory because with a BP of 80/60 there wouldn't be many veins to see either.

As for my being tough to finish...I want to tell of some other people....both women. One was Meiling Yee from California. She made the podium in the 50-54 age group. She had a spectacular sounding crash where the bike came over the top and landed on her puncturing her calf with the chain ring. After she finished the race she was in the medic tent getting cleaned up and was told she needed to go to the ER for irrigation, stitches and antibiotics.

But that pales in comparison to another woman who came in to get her broken collar bone packed in ice and ace bandaged in to a sling. She did this on the bike and finished the bike and then the run before getting help!

And I thought hockey players were tough!
2013-05-24 2:42 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by JeffY My Doc called me last night to say that all of my blood work looks good. Next up is a stress test on Wednesday. I'm not going to let them do the test as they usually do. I'm going to ask them to let me take it to my limits and see if I can induce a recurrence. I trained today and felt good. If the cardiac test is all good then I will have to assume that I became severely dehydrated. Dirk, to answer your question...they were able to find veins, but my usual over-the-top vascularity was nowhere to be seen. That doesn't necessarily support the dehydration theory because with a BP of 80/60 there wouldn't be many veins to see either. As for my being tough to finish...I want to tell of some other people....both women. One was Meiling Yee from California. She made the podium in the 50-54 age group. She had a spectacular sounding crash where the bike came over the top and landed on her puncturing her calf with the chain ring. After she finished the race she was in the medic tent getting cleaned up and was told she needed to go to the ER for irrigation, stitches and antibiotics. But that pales in comparison to another woman who came in to get her broken collar bone packed in ice and ace bandaged in to a sling. She did this on the bike and finished the bike and then the run before getting help!

I suppose the BP should have begun to come back up immediately after you went supine.  At least that's what should have occurred unless there was some other traumatic injury or life threatening condition.  Since you weren't carted away in an ambulance I'll suppose that wasn't the case.  That said, your BP would not have returned to normal within a few seconds, nor would your veins have begun to regain their normal "rigidity" quickly.  I am certainly hoping they find nothing through any of the testing they do and everyone can deduce that it was nothing more than dehydration.

(BTW, I tried texting you to let you know my concerns the other day and the message was undeliverable.)

It sounds like there were a couple of tough women down that way.  I suppose that is somewhat the nature of Xterra racing.  I guess if it were easy I'd be doing it.

2013-05-24 2:42 PM
in reply to: BigDaddyD79

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by JeffY My Doc called me last night to say that all of my blood work looks good. Next up is a stress test on Wednesday. I'm not going to let them do the test as they usually do. I'm going to ask them to let me take it to my limits and see if I can induce a recurrence. I trained today and felt good. If the cardiac test is all good then I will have to assume that I became severely dehydrated. Dirk, to answer your question...they were able to find veins, but my usual over-the-top vascularity was nowhere to be seen. That doesn't necessarily support the dehydration theory because with a BP of 80/60 there wouldn't be many veins to see either. As for my being tough to finish...I want to tell of some other people....both women. One was Meiling Yee from California. She made the podium in the 50-54 age group. She had a spectacular sounding crash where the bike came over the top and landed on her puncturing her calf with the chain ring. After she finished the race she was in the medic tent getting cleaned up and was told she needed to go to the ER for irrigation, stitches and antibiotics. But that pales in comparison to another woman who came in to get her broken collar bone packed in ice and ace bandaged in to a sling. She did this on the bike and finished the bike and then the run before getting help!

You should hear the story of Jeff wrecking last year.  The 2 wrecks from last weekend are nothing!!!!

2013-05-24 3:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Originally posted by DirkP

You should hear the story of Jeff wrecking last year.  The 2 wrecks from last weekend are nothing!!!!

And he describes them to the point your flipping over the handle bars with him!

Jeff take care that sounds like some pretty scary stuff, especially when it doesn't go away right away!

Edited by mambos 2013-05-24 3:39 PM

2013-05-24 5:29 PM
in reply to: DirkP

User image

Master
Fort Wayne
Originally posted by DirkP

I suppose the BP should have begun to come back up immediately after you went supine.  At least that's what should have occurred unless there was some other traumatic injury or life threatening condition.  Since you weren't carted away in an ambulance I'll suppose that wasn't the case.  That said, your BP would not have returned to normal within a few seconds, nor would your veins have begun to regain their normal "rigidity" quickly.  I am certainly hoping they find nothing through any of the testing they do and everyone can deduce that it was nothing more than dehydration.

(BTW, I tried texting you to let you know my concerns the other day and the message was undeliverable.)

It sounds like there were a couple of tough women down that way.  I suppose that is somewhat the nature of Xterra racing.  I guess if it were easy I'd be doing it.

As I was swimming this afternoon, with my face in the water, I began considering another possibility from last weekend.  Have you been checked for a concussion?  The concussion would not necessarily cause the low BP but if there were something else going on it could include that condition (low BP).

I have also been trying to remember what went on last season.  I know you had something going on a while ago that seemed to indicate other issues as well.  I believe they were checking you for some over training issues and maybe something to do with thyroid?  I know how hard core you are into your training and you've come off some heavy miles with Jordan as she was getting ready for the mary, could this be part of the issue?

2013-05-25 8:13 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Another day and more rain, I feel like I'm Seattle. Today I'm gonna try and get an 8 or 9 mile run on the treadmill and pray that it clears up so I can do a long ride tomorrow. I was hoping to get in 60 to 65 miles but I may try and do the four of the 18 mile loops I did last weekend. That would be a very nice 72 mile ride. I'm also hoping we still get together for a swim at the lake if not tomorrow then hopefully Monday morning. Not only has it been raining but it got cold as well, upper 50's yesterday and same for today. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.
2013-05-25 8:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a new record in the pool for me yesterday - 4000 meters straight main set and 4600 total. I still havent pulled the trigger on signing up for the IM (waiting on vacation approval and wife to sign off). But I feel like there's about an 80% chance I'm going to get to go for it... and swims like this really help calm my nerves about even signing up... ha! Now I gotta get a lot stronger on the bike!
2013-05-25 8:15 AM
in reply to: pistuo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
Okay Junkies, what do you have planned for Memorial Day??? I expect to see some nice WO's n addition to all the fun stuff!

I'm thinking about adding a long bike in place of my usual run.
2013-05-25 1:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
After reading a bunch of reviews and trying them both back on I went with the air attack. The selector was hard to get on and kind of uncomfortable. My ears felt folded up. I'll give my review next Sunday after my first race with it.

2013-05-25 2:17 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by pistuo Hey everyone, just wanted to share a new record in the pool for me yesterday - 4000 meters straight main set and 4600 total. I still havent pulled the trigger on signing up for the IM (waiting on vacation approval and wife to sign off). But I feel like there's about an 80% chance I'm going to get to go for it... and swims like this really help calm my nerves about even signing up... ha! Now I gotta get a lot stronger on the bike!

Nice swim!  Growing confidence is a key element to getting ready for IM events.  The swim can set the tone for the day if you don't have the confidence to get through well. 

Hopefully things go well with the planning and you can do it.  I have to say, with you and Tony doing IM this year I am pretty jealous.  I would like to do one this season but I'll have to wait for another year.  The budget committee and family life aren't on board for this year.  Honestly that's alright with me.  In one more year I plan to have a lot more base to help set myself up to have a great IM next season.

BTW, don't skip the run!!  Do the bike and make it a brick workout.  You'll thank me later when you're getting off the bike in NC for B2B.

2013-05-25 2:20 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by BigDaddyD79 After reading a bunch of reviews and trying them both back on I went with the air attack. The selector was hard to get on and kind of uncomfortable. My ears felt folded up. I'll give my review next Sunday after my first race with it.

Let us know what you think of it for your normal training rides too.  I doubt I'll pick one of them up for myself but I would be interested to hear how well it does for warmer weather rides.  (Although I know you're not likely to get many of those for a while yet.)

2013-05-25 2:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

So, today I had my normal long ride scheduled and I might have ridden with the group but there is a cycling event in town today with some crit races and a touring ride.  I chose not to pay for a group ride because I can do it with these folks almost whenever I choose.

I had planned my first long ride of more than 60 miles this year because I really need to get my butt in gear and get ready for my HIM events that begin in July.  As I set out for the ride I began to consider just how long I could go if I wanted to add some extra miles.  I wasn't sure just how far I could go because I hadn't planned on fueling for anything farther.  After considering going longer for a few minutes I remembered I had 2 gels in my bento.  I felt confident I would be able to get almost as far as I wanted with that extra fuel.

I had a route planned for almost 65 miles but I knew several ways I cold stretch to make it almost anything I chose.  I began to consider where I would need to make adjustments to make sure if I bonked I wouldn't be too far from home.  I intended to ride in an endurance HR zone all day anyway, so I didn't think I would suffer any kind of severe fatigue from overdoing my effort. 

The winds were light and variable and when there was much of a wind it was from the due south and I was riding east or west most of the time.  This aided me in keeping my effort under control and allowed me to maintain a higher rate of speed without getting my HR into a less tolerable zone.  I chose not to do any interval work at all because I am planning to ride long for the next 2 days too.  With the holiday weekend and the group riding tomorrow and Monday I plan to ride with them on both occasions and I don't want to blow up.

I ended my ride with and average speed of 20.3 MPH, average HR of 140 and a total of 80.1 miles...........My longest ride by 14.5 miles and the longest ride of this year (including trainer rides) by 18.1 miles.

I followed the ride up with a quick and easy 2 mile brick.  My legs felt pretty good.  I could have run more miles for sure, I just would have needed some nutrition for anything very long.

Edited by DirkP 2013-05-26 9:06 AM
2013-05-25 5:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Will, nice swim! I get anxious for anything over 2000yds!

Dirk, that's a crazy decision to make when your already out on the ride! But looks like it worked out well! You are definitely going to be set up well for your HIM. What event are you doing in July? Muncie?

For me, I have had a full day! Today's plans was supposed to be a 1 hour swim and a 2 hour bike. But to keep support high on the home front I moved the swim to Friday evening. This allowed for Saturday morning to do the honey to do list, which involved putting up a split rail fence. 8 posts total and combine this with the swim 12hrs earlier my arms and shoulders are toast! But it does look good so it's worth it!

Then on to the bike ride, scheduled 2 hour ride and decided to ride with a buddy to keep things from getting boring. Everything was basic and manages to finish with a 18mph average! One item does stand out, I managed to reproduce the same back pain that put an end to last years HIM! Came on around mile 25, and over the last 10 miles just stiffened up. I was able to get a little relief by actually pushing harder, but that will not work for a race. I think this does help identify the source of the problem though, I went into the week with roughly 19,000yds swimming for the year. I am now somewhere around 26,000yds, so pretty good week for swimming which I believe has caused my back to be tired and open to the stiffness on the bike. Since I have done several 40 mile rides over the last month with no issues, it's gotta be the increased swim......right? Hopefully as I continue to increase the swim this issue will go away!
2013-05-25 5:27 PM
in reply to: mambos

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Will that is a great swim session sounds like you are all set in that department if you do in fact get the go ahead for doing IM I would seriously put a lot of effort and work in on the bike. It'll help alot especially with your run.

Dirk that was a great ride today and to see you able to go out like that and stretch those miles out is great. I also think you are setting yourself up to be able to actually race the IM if you decide to do it next year. That's much different than what Will and I are trying to do in just finishing. Seriously another season of racing this year and next year you'll be able to finish in 10 to 12 hours no doubt about it.

Matt good to hear you've been able to increase the swim distance and get more work in there. I'm also glad to hear that you've been able to pinpoint why your back has been acting up. I was going to ask about your bike fit but it sounds like you don't have any issues riding when your not swimming. I hope your able to figure that out. I've never had any issues myself with my back when it comes to swimming.

Looks like the Memorial day swim and ride is on for Monday, 1 mile swim in the lake followed by a 45 mile ride. I'm still thinking about heading out tomorrow morning though and getting a long ride in. I was going to go solo and try and do 72 miles but I'll see about that. I'm not sure how I'd do riding 45 miles with the group after that. Also it depends on the weather but if I can get out for a ride tomorrow I'm definitely looking to do it. I also had to cut my run a little short today I was hoping for 8 or 9 but only got 7 miles in. I had an appointment to look at a used car which I wound up buying. We've been looking for a 3rd car for the kids. It's not a bad car, 2004 Honda Civic with only 69K miles on it so we went for it. Now I need to find some time to take them out driving so they can get their licenses. I think I picked the wrong time to do an IM but is there ever a good time?

2013-05-25 6:28 PM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
So I was all ready to get on here and brag about my 60 mile ride today followed by a 1 mile run and then I see Dirk has done 80 miles w/ a 2 mile run. You're killing me smalls! And go ahead and ask your wife about B2B. We all know you can finish one and it would be awesome to get to hang out... and it's cheap!
Anyway, I'm fairly pleased w/ my WO today. The first half of the ride was spent trying to keep up with a group that was riding harder than I wanted to ride, especially up hills... and there were lots of hills and some decent head winds in parts. I would have much rather been at 17mph and 70-80 miles total though! By the time we finished and I started out on a little run, it was hot and humid. I'm a little concerned that the Texas heat is going to really hold me back some in training if I go for the IM...
2013-05-25 6:46 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by pistuo

So I was all ready to get on here and brag about my 60 mile ride today followed by a 1 mile run and then I see Dirk has done 80 miles w/ a 2 mile run. You're killing me smalls! And go ahead and ask your wife about B2B. We all know you can finish one and it would be awesome to get to hang out... and it's cheap!
Anyway, I'm fairly pleased w/ my WO today. The first half of the ride was spent trying to keep up with a group that was riding harder than I wanted to ride, especially up hills... and there were lots of hills and some decent head winds in parts. I would have much rather been at 17mph and 70-80 miles total though! By the time we finished and I started out on a little run, it was hot and humid. I'm a little concerned that the Texas heat is going to really hold me back some in training if I go for the IM...

Will you should brag a 60 mile ride and then following it up with a mile run is a great job besides there is no outdoing Drik. I hear you on the heat and humidity I especially hate the humidity but I think if you can deal with that during your training B2B will be a peice of cake.
2013-05-25 8:20 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by pistuo So I was all ready to get on here and brag about my 60 mile ride today followed by a 1 mile run and then I see Dirk has done 80 miles w/ a 2 mile run. You're killing me smalls! And go ahead and ask your wife about B2B. We all know you can finish one and it would be awesome to get to hang out... and it's cheap! Anyway, I'm fairly pleased w/ my WO today. The first half of the ride was spent trying to keep up with a group that was riding harder than I wanted to ride, especially up hills... and there were lots of hills and some decent head winds in parts. I would have much rather been at 17mph and 70-80 miles total though! By the time we finished and I started out on a little run, it was hot and humid. I'm a little concerned that the Texas heat is going to really hold me back some in training if I go for the IM...

I said something to Lis but she's not responding.......You know what that means?  Right?  I would love to do the race but I am not sure I'd be ready for it.  The run would be the hold up probably.  Sure, I could get the volume and be ready for a somewhat decent race but that would be a little to much this year.  And by too much I mean 4 big races in one year.  As much as I would like to do it I can't even give it much consideration.  With Boston done, Muncie 70.3 in a month and a half and then Rev3 Cedar Point again in September I will already have a bundle wrapped up in racing "A" races.  Then there are the smaller races like last weekend, Winona Lake sprint, Tri-Indy and possibly Kewpee again (long shot race).  Now, if I hit the lottery I guess I could swing all of them.  However that's one little problem with hitting the lottery.  I've heard you have to play to win, and well,  I guess that limits me a little bit.

2013-05-25 8:33 PM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by strikyr
Originally posted by pistuo So I was all ready to get on here and brag about my 60 mile ride today followed by a 1 mile run and then I see Dirk has done 80 miles w/ a 2 mile run. You're killing me smalls! And go ahead and ask your wife about B2B. We all know you can finish one and it would be awesome to get to hang out... and it's cheap! Anyway, I'm fairly pleased w/ my WO today. The first half of the ride was spent trying to keep up with a group that was riding harder than I wanted to ride, especially up hills... and there were lots of hills and some decent head winds in parts. I would have much rather been at 17mph and 70-80 miles total though! By the time we finished and I started out on a little run, it was hot and humid. I'm a little concerned that the Texas heat is going to really hold me back some in training if I go for the IM...
Will you should brag a 60 mile ride and then following it up with a mile run is a great job besides there is no outdoing Drik. I hear you on the heat and humidity I especially hate the humidity but I think if you can deal with that during your training B2B will be a peice of cake.

I agree with Tony except for one part (see the stricken through part).

You should be pretty happy about that ride!  Riding with a group will present challenges but it will make you a better cyclist overall.  As you learn to ride in the group and draft well you'll see how much farther you can ride and recover while riding. 

You're also going to have to learn how to run through that heat and humidity as well.  NC in October won't likely be too bad but it is pretty hot and humid there, so I wouldn't skip too much.  The fatigue you may have been feeling could have been as much to do with nutrition as well.  Try to make sure you get a few extra calories on the bike the next time you plan a brick.  AND drink plenty too!

2013-05-25 8:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
Dirk, you wont be racing B2B... you just come and be my sag wagon... carry all my nutrition, tell me when to eat, change any flat tires, etc. You've done enough races for yourself... it's time to serve and do something for others... ha! B2B usually doesnt fill up until a month out I've heard... so if you find a lotto ticket on the ground and it turns out to be a winner, you'll be able to get in... and buy me some racing wheels

Side Question: What do you all wash your workout clothes with to get the stink out? I've been adding vinegar and it seems to work pretty well, but I'm getting tired of having to go to Sam's Club to buy it in bulk...

2013-05-26 6:31 AM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Ha!  Maybe I'll think about that.  But it wouldn't be right for me to help you that much.  I think it's against the rules to provide assistance to athletes.  so, I'll just stand next to you when you bonk and scream at you for not taking your nutrition when you should have.

I've never heard of using vinegar to remove the stench.  I use Tide Sport.  It seems to do a decent ob most of the time.  the only issue I've had is that on some of the garments it doesn't seem to remove it completely or something.  Sometimes once I've begun to sweat the smell returns pretty quickly, but this only occurs with a couple of the items.  The rest of my clothes are fine.  I have one shirt that I like to wear that I really can't plan to wear it all day (not workouts) that will develop odor.  Maybe I should try to use the vinegar for a load that includes that shirt and see if it removes the remaining bacteria.  How much vinegar do you add?

2013-05-26 2:27 PM

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Jeff, please keep us informed. Please take care of yourself. Hopefully it will be something like you had a case of the flu or something and didn't know it. Do you hae a really good cardiologist? If they don't find anything, check w/ an internal medicine dr.

Hey I finally got back and haven't had time to read everyone's post but will soon, I hope.

Dina are you still liking your hoka shoes? I'm going to look for a pair in Atlanta when I go up there.

Ya'll know me, always causing trouble but it is getting summer and it is hot here... I ran today after church in the mid 80's and in sunshine. I want to post a challenge to each of ya'll. The next time you run in the heat (80+), run in the new technical shirts. Next time run in the old fashioned cotton shirt and put water on it. You see for a short run, less than an hour, technical shirts are fine but i prefer cotton on longer runs because the water keeps you cooler, the technical shirts wicks water away and gets you hotter. That is what I'm finding anyway but ya'll know i beat to a different drum anyway...lol

I've got lots of traveling to do in the next few weeks so please do not forget about me... leaving Fri for son's baseball tourney in Atlanta, GA, he was invited to play w/ the varsity highschool team so he probably will get very little play time but shoot it was an honor to be asked, Then I have to go to Sarasota for a week for work June 9th for a week. This is all trashing my training but work and family comes 1st.

I'll read eveyone's soon, take care and be careful!
2013-05-26 2:53 PM
in reply to: KWDreamun

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Karl welcome back and good to see you checking in. As far as the tech shirts vs. cotton shirt goes I don't think it would make much difference for me. I sweat a lot so when it's hot I'm usually soaking wet anyway. What I do like though is the tight short sleeved under armour tech shirts for the long runs. The helps prevent against the dreaded runners nipple lol.

On the training front I did get my long ride in this morning. I wanted to do four 18 mile loops for 72 miles but it was cold and windy so I tried a different route but wound up riding some of that 18 mile loop anyway. I managed 63 miles in 3:31 which I'm very happy with. I could have done a little more to get the 70 miles and 4 hours in but the group I'm swimming with tomorrow is planning to do a 45 mile ride so if I'm feeling up to it I'm gonna do it.

I road a good route with lots of rolling hills and finished up with several hill repeats. I would have done the loops but the wind on one of the roads RT 111 was blowing north to south and I was heading north on it. It was so bad I was in my granny gear spinning along at 11 mph lol. I said forget that I think I burned up a lot of matches in that short stretch. To be honest the wind was blowing in all different directions today so I rode into a lot of headwind but got the benefit of a tailwind at times too. It made for a pretty solid challenging ride. I'm dying to see what the data looks like on my garmin. I will upload that shortly.
2013-05-27 12:32 AM

User image

Elite
far northern CA
Subject: RE: ASPHALT JUNKIES Summer Bronzing Crew - CLOSED

I tried to go on a bike ride today.  The inevitable has come to fruition.  I need to change out my cassette.  My chain kept jumping ship!  Apparently, it was acting as my bike coach because it thought I needed to ride a hell of a lot harder! Tongue out  Anyway, I took it into my friendly bike shop.  They are going to hook me up with a new cassette that will help me climb our steep hills.  I'm getting a 12/28 put on!!!!  I'm so excited!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » ASPHALT JUNKIES Summer Bronzing Crew - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114