in reply to: #633528

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2007-03-13 1:13 PM
in reply to: #720899

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
Subject: RE: Betsy's Group - FULL

Clapping for Rene! (Great work!)  & Clapping for everyone...for all the hardwork and for NOT quitting Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Now with all the applause out of the way.... i have a question. Has anyone here ever been to at multisport or tri camp? Just wondering what that experience may be like if anyone has some feedback to share.  

2007-03-14 6:32 AM
in reply to: #721488

2007-03-14 6:30 PM

2007-03-14 6:34 PM
in reply to: #723259

Champion
Wisconsin

betsy - 2007-03-14 6:30 PM Anyone want a run challenge for the month....I pledge to run at least 100 miles for the month of march! Any takers??? you choose your distance.

nope, but thanks for asking. 

2007-03-14 6:59 PM
in reply to: #723259

betsy - 2007-03-14 6:30 PM

Anyone want a run challenge for the month....I pledge to run at least 100 miles for the month of march! Any takers??? you choose your distance.

Weeeell, since I'm participation in a Tri relay (and I'm doing the swim), I will take your challenge but convert it to swimming. I pledge to swim 8 miles in the month of March.

Thanks everyone for the rah-rahs earlier this week!
Rene

2007-03-15 10:03 AM
in reply to: #723266

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh
possum - 2007-03-14 7:34 PM

betsy - 2007-03-14 6:30 PM Anyone want a run challenge for the month....I pledge to run at least 100 miles for the month of march! Any takers??? you choose your distance.

nope, but thanks for asking. 

LMAO @ the Possum )

2007-03-15 10:11 AM
in reply to: #723795

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

Alrighty Betsy, I will sign up on the March Challenge, but committ to doing 40 total run miles by the end of the month.  I want to committ to 50, but i will be picking an actual training plan very soon and don't want mess up the direction i'm going in

Who's ....Next ???                   

2007-03-15 1:13 PM
in reply to: #723819

2007-03-19 9:17 AM

Regular
Back from my conference and some R&R with husband and kids. Taking 5 days off is not recommended. The hotel was awesome but you had to pay $8 a day to use the gym and the pool was not much to speak of. So, I decided to eat and sleep instead. That decision had me paying dearly on the saddle Sunday morning and on the trail this morning. All in all, I'm recovering nicely and ready for another awesome week of training.

Betsy, I'll take your challenge. I plan on running 60 miles by the end of April and I'm starting this week!!!
2007-03-20 3:42 PM

Hey girlfriends how is everyone's training going? Not bad here still fighting my hip/butt injury.......I still can't touch my toes.......I did run, bike , and swim today. I only ran for a mile, had to do it.....lost some endurance and I really want to get back at it. Nothing much new here, still getting into the gym and getting the workouts in. A bit frustrating with injuries and our group has definately been plagued by them. I hope everyone is  doing well .And I hope that the injured or sick are on the road to recovery.  Can I ask all of you a favor....go to my wifes page and bug the hell out of her.....she hasnt been logging on and barely making it to the gym. Everytime I say something.....she shrugs it off.......so please bug the heck out of her.....lol......never thought I would resort to this. ....(Mary_B) She is on my page......team go to work........lol......xoxoxoxox for now......

2007-03-20 7:13 PM

Regular
Hello Lovers!

Well, spring break is over, and I cannot emphasize how much I DON'T WANT TO BE IN SCHOOL!! Retirement, please? I went rafting for 3 days (t'was awesome), but it feels really good to be back to the pool where I can train. Honestly? Swimming is the only sport I have left! IT band hurts to run, bike current has a flat... need to buy more tubes and get refitted...

I swam over the olympic distance for the swim last night, without stopping, just to prove to myself that I could... and I did... now I KNOW I can finish my first Olympic distance tri come April.

Eric... good luck with your injury! And yes, get back into running! You were doing amazingly well. Keep it up!

I have to tell you all... at my first tri last Sunday, I saw some people finish that race who I would never have guessed were triathletes if I had passed them on the street. One woman (bless her heart!) was obviously obese, but she came running up to that finish line with such determination on her face! It was really motivating to see.

Also, IMAZ is coming up. Tricats are going to volunteer as a group. I have a feeling I'm going to cry when I see the mass swim start... or when I see the runners come crawling across the finish line.

Peace.
Christina <3
2007-03-20 7:21 PM

2007-03-20 7:31 PM

Hey Christina:

Keep it up! The last semesters of college seem endless but they do end. Enjoy IMAZ. I think it's a great idea to volunteer at a TRI...I still have to do that.

Eric, glad you're on the mend and keeping up the great workouts despite the pain and stiffness. Hope Mary gets "inspired" to come back.

OK, everyone, I need to commit to swimming more since my triathlon relay is coming up in April. I've already committed to swimming 8 mis by the end of the first week in April but I need to add more days to get there.

So, Group, please make sure I swim Wednesday night, Friday night and Sunday morning this week!

Thanks.
Rene
2007-03-20 8:36 PM

2007-03-21 8:05 AM

Regular
I agree....you guys are amazing and I'm so blessed to be apart of this group. Your encouragements on my training log page keep me going and I look forward to reading everyone's triumphs and stories. I attended a Danskin swim seminar yesterday and we watched the Total Emersion video to help keep us on track with our drills. I've gotten away from my technique and when I start to fight the water I get so frustrated....once that happens I don't enjoy the swim. I guess my point is, getting back to basics is my motto right now. Not just with the swim but with running and biking as well.

I've learned so much through this training process. I prove to myself everyday that I can do it. I am a survivor and not a quitter and I have been blessed with health and a strong body, but also with a spirit from above that helps keep me grounded. It goes back to what Christina said about the over weight woman crossing the finish line...it's not what we are on the outside, but what we do with what's on the inside that will prove our abilities.

May God continue to bless you all, may he heal your bodies so you can keep going and may we all remember the gifts He's given us.

2007-03-21 8:31 PM

Regular
Ok, Rene! Let's go swim!!

I don't want to do it either.. but damnit.. I'm heading out now to go swim!

Non workout-related news: I found out today I go accepted to an internship with the National Cancer Institute for this summer.. I'll be working in BOSTON!!!!!... On the CViT cancer modeling project AND in Mass General Hospital!!!! I'm so excited I can't focus on a damn thing.

Anyone been to Boston? I need to plan my weekend sightseeing trips! :D
2007-03-21 9:18 PM

Hey y'all - hope everybody's Spring is starting to shape up!! It is going to be in the 80's down here this weekend!! Thanks to everyone who keeps inspiring me. Husband and I have both been living in a hotel the past 2 weeks and he is staring to realize how hard it is to live/work/workout on the road. But it is so- nice to actually get to see my husband.

I start PT on Friday with my knee. I am ok on the bike, just not very fast. I haven't been able to get to a pool in this town. And as for running.... geez, I just get all nervous.

Did we ever find anybody that went to a TRI camp? What about a swim camp or something like that??

Everbody take care - especially of your bodies!! We all have to keep being an awesome group!!! YEAH!!! Thanks so much to our mentor - you take such good care of us!!

CT
2007-03-21 10:05 PM
in reply to: #730833

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh

cbirchrun - 2007-03-20 ...Tricats are going to volunteer as a group. I have a feeling I'm going to cry when I see the mass swim start... or when I see the runners come crawling across the finish line. Peace. Christina <3

alrighty! now i know i'm not the only one who gets mushy and emotional about tri.  i just posted on my blog last week about how i get all misty when i watch tri clips on youtube... and oh... never mentioned how uber emotional i am at a live race. i volunteered b4 and like.. everytime a parent runs the line w/ their kiddo or bebeb i well up! plus many other types too... you are in for a fab time birch! i'm jealous! wish i could be arnd there during IMAZ

2007-03-22 3:27 PM

2007-03-23 9:56 AM

Regular
I love it. Let's put a plan together! I know for me, I've committed to a 60 mile run by the end of April...that's about 12 miles a week. I can committ to 2,250 meters a week (750 meters x 3 days a week) and at least 24 miles a week on the bike. This would work for me but I know everyone elses training schedules are different.

2007-03-23 10:12 AM

Regular
By-the-way, I forgot to add this to my email above. I posted this on my trianing log but I started working on sprints about a week ago and have seen an immediate improvement on my run times and my bike times...swim still needs work. I typically run the last 1/2 mile as a sprint and bike the last 2 miles as a sprint. Betsy encouraged us to try it and I'm here to say that it WORKS! It's not always fun and has kicked by butt a few times but it's worth it.
2007-03-23 12:54 PM
in reply to: #734465

2007-03-23 7:12 PM

Regular
Excellent challenge!

• ..and normally I could totally help with running, but I'm exiled to the precor/elliptical machine until April. But I love that idea!!

• :D happy Friday, team!
    2007-03-25 11:21 PM

Hey everybody:
    Just checking in on my 3-swim week. Honestly if it weren't for being accountable to you all, I would not have shown up Friday and Sunday. Friday I was totally not in the mood (hey, it was Friday!), but I dragged myself over to the pool for the long-distance night. I met my goal of 1600m and did it in less than an hour! There was someone in the next lane that was slightly faster than me so that really kept me going. Then on Sunday, I reeeeally didn't want to get up to go, but I did, then I got lost finding a new pool and almost gave up but finally found it and got a decent swim in.

Thanks to everyone who helped me complete my goal. The icing on the cake was a small tri effort on Sunday. After the swim and bike ride, my partner told me to go run around the block, so I'm counting that as a mini-tri, even though it wasn't for very long. Whoa, did my legs feel rubbery...and leaden!

Betsy, congrats on your tri! I can't even imagine competing that fast in all three events. I'm in for the April challenge. Count me in for 100 miles of biking, 25 miles of running and 10,000m of swimming.

Congrats on the internship, Christina! Never been to Boston though.

Have a great week, everyone!
    Rene
    New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Betsy's Tri-BAMFs Rss Feed  

of 27