Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-07-30 10:03 AM
in reply to: #2317102

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
LOL - I do believe you mean the SA 1/2 marathon.

Aaron - Welcome to the group!

Todd - I will reiterate what everyone else said...if you miss a work out, don't try to make it up later.  Run Forest Run! 

Maybe Nicole is just up to her you know what in boxes cause I know she misses us!  Hopefully she'll post some pics of their new luxurious pad. 

evondo - 2009-07-30 9:41 AM x2 Welcome!
I'm more than happy to help out where I can and everyone can use more encouragement

Some informal introductions...
Newtons1st - Todd - Bonnie Tyler listener - shooting for an Olympic in Oct and of course Longhorn 70.3 2010!

KelliD - Kelli - Our northern FOP swimmer - Timberman 70.3 around the corner in Aug and Longhorn 70.3 in Oct

Trin2bfast - Justin - Soon-to-be-IRONMAN - IMFL in Nov! He was out at 288 and I believe you guys met...

Betsy0706 - Betsy - My fiance... a runner with a biking and soon-to-be swimming addiction - Bridgeland is the last race of her season then training starts for Longhorn 2010!

Nicole83 - Nicole - MIA, married to KungFuKitty (KFK) - Hoping she comes back to the group soon!

2009-07-30 10:05 AM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
1 song man just one song!!! Does that make me a BT listener? The speedo, the pillow case, the 

commemorative dinner plates and the life size poster in my garage dont mean anything.

That was a pretty great intro for everyone. You all know that Nichole is "breaking in" her new pad with KFK. There is no time to speak with us lowly tri folks. I did see 2 Longhorn mentions for 2 of us that havent done a 70.3 yet. I like your thinking.

yes i hit some goofy backgroud and now its on.

Edited by Newtons1st 2009-07-30 10:09 AM
2009-07-30 10:09 AM
in reply to: #2317176

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Betsy, dont worry you will get in a half mary at the Longhorn.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-30 10:03 AM LOL - I do believe you mean the SA 1/2 marathon.

Aaron - Welcome to the group!

Todd - I will reiterate what everyone else said...if you miss a work out, don't try to make it up later.  Run Forest Run! 

Maybe Nicole is just up to her you know what in boxes cause I know she misses us!  Hopefully she'll post some pics of their new luxurious pad. 

evondo - 2009-07-30 9:41 AM x2 Welcome!
I'm more than happy to help out where I can and everyone can use more encouragement

Newtons1st - Todd - Bonnie Tyler listener - shooting for an Olympic in Oct and of course Longhorn 70.3 2010!

KelliD - Kelli - Our northern FOP swimmer - Timberman 70.3 around the corner in Aug and Longhorn 70.3 in Oct

Trin2bfast - Justin - Soon-to-be-IRONMAN - IMFL in Nov! He was out at 288 and I believe you guys met...

Betsy0706 - Betsy - My fiance... a runner with a biking and soon-to-be swimming addiction - Bridgeland is the last race of her season then training starts for Longhorn 2010!

Nicole83 - Nicole - MIA, married to KungFuKitty (KFK) - Hoping she comes back to the group soon!

2009-07-30 10:11 AM
in reply to: #2317147

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
That's totally normal Kelli.  Are you forgetting how much training you are doing?  Your body just needs rest is all.  Come taper you are going to have so much energy you aren't going to know what to do with yourself. 

KelliD - 2009-07-30 9:55 AM Do you guys ever feel this way / is this normal?  Lately I feel especially tired and want to sleep all the time.  I've been going to bed earlier which has made gettier up at the crack of stupid slightly easier.  But, I'm also finding the more sleep I get, the more I want!  I AM a social person....I love going out with my friends and I miss going out with them.  But when given the chance to go out I feel like I practically have to force myself out...rather than sitting on the couch and going to bed early.
2009-07-30 10:13 AM

User image

Master
Houston
I think that for the point of the season you are in, this is normal.  You are at your highest volumes and your body is begging for rest/recovery. This is exactly the reason people do not train at these volumes year round... if they do they'll get burnt out.

It also sounds like you're struggling with life/training balance a bit... You have to convince yourself that it's OK to miss a swim workout every couple weeks or so when you go out with your friends the night before and are to tired to get up. Swimming in most cases is the best sport to miss because in the long run, missing a workout here/there won't hurt you in the race. In our sport, it's the least aerobic (lowest HR) and more about stroke efficiency than actual 'fitness'.

KelliD - 2009-07-30 9:55 AM Do you guys ever feel this way / is this normal?  Lately I feel especially tired and want to sleep all the time.  I've been going to bed earlier which has made gettier up at the crack of stupid slightly easier.  But, I'm also finding the more sleep I get, the more I want!  I AM a social person....I love going out with my friends and I miss going out with them.  But when given the chance to go out I feel like I practically have to force myself out...rather than sitting on the couch and going to bed early.
2009-07-30 10:16 AM
in reply to: #2317102

User image

Master
New York, NY
Love the intros!!!  Especially Todd's   I'd like to add to mine....eats everything in sight that's not nailed down!

evondo - 2009-07-30 10:41 AM x2 Welcome!

2009-07-30 10:16 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
My biggest thing is I can handle the 9-10 pm workouts and 30 minutes after the work out be asleep. Once I cool down I can sleep on command. I have the hardest time waking up though. I am not an am workout person. The only reason I do my swims in the am is the price I got to swim with the group with a coach on deck at the pool in crazy insain. $75 for the year.

Do you have the same hard time going out on weekends? I can see during the week being tough but weekends you got time, right? I would think it has part to do with your increased load from training leading up to your IM. You are peaking on your training load and your body is spending more time recoverying. This is all just me thinking logically but could be wrong.

2009-07-30 10:20 AM
in reply to: #2317192

User image

Master
Houston
This is very true, during taper I'm normally bouncing around like crazy driving Betsy more nuts than normal!

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-30 10:11 AM That's totally normal Kelli.  Are you forgetting how much training you are doing?  Your body just needs rest is all.  Come taper you are going to have so much energy you aren't going to know what to do with yourself. 

2009-07-30 10:24 AM
in reply to: #2317202

User image

Master
New York, NY
$75 for the year???!?!?!!!  Holy $hit....that's so cheap!!!!  So jealous.

The weekends are a totally different story.  Always up for going out.  I may only have 1 drink or not drink at all, and I may not stay out very late depending what's on tap for the next day....but I make my way out & about.  Then I'll have some weekends where I can go out and have no problem staying out til 2am.  Of course, these are far & few between. 

Newtons1st - 2009-07-30 11:16 AM My biggest thing is I can handle the 9-10 pm workouts and 30 minutes after the work out be asleep. Once I cool down I can sleep on command. I have the hardest time waking up though. I am not an am workout person. The only reason I do my swims in the am is the price I got to swim with the group with a coach on deck at the pool in crazy insain. $75 for the year.

Do you have the same hard time going out on weekends? I can see during the week being tough but weekends you got time, right? I would think it has part to do with your increased load from training leading up to your IM. You are peaking on your training load and your body is spending more time recoverying. This is all just me thinking logically but could be wrong.

2009-07-30 10:26 AM
in reply to: #2317192

User image

Master
New York, NY
Oh I'm sure I'll find plenty to do   I've already started thinking about all the things I can finally catch up on.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-30 11:11 AM That's totally normal Kelli.  Are you forgetting how much training you are doing?  Your body just needs rest is all.  Come taper you are going to have so much energy you aren't going to know what to do with yourself. 

2009-07-30 12:38 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
HI!!!!!!

I've missed you all!  I would love to say that I was insanely busy moving and unpacking... but unfortunately my bad habbit of licking shopping cart handles caught up with me again and I've been battling bubonic plague for darn near a week now.

The mucous has subsided a bit and I'm back at work and getting caught up on everything.

The new place is absolutely amazing, and I will post some pics to the facebook this weekend once we get the rest of the boxes broken down and unpacked.  It feels like a palace though, I love it.

And I swear to God if you guys don't drop the KungFuKitty talk I'm going to have to fly to TX and shank someone.

2009-07-30 12:41 PM
in reply to: #2317586

User image

Master
Houston
WELCOME BACK!!!!

Hope you're feeling better and not passing that plague around to everyone! Can't wait to see the pics of the new place!

I heard flights on 10/24 to Austin are pretty cheap for shanking visits

Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 12:38 PM HI!!!!!!

I've missed you all!  I would love to say that I was insanely busy moving and unpacking... but unfortunately my bad habbit of licking shopping cart handles caught up with me again and I've been battling bubonic plague for darn near a week now.

The mucous has subsided a bit and I'm back at work and getting caught up on everything.

The new place is absolutely amazing, and I will post some pics to the facebook this weekend once we get the rest of the boxes broken down and unpacked.  It feels like a palace though, I love it.

And I swear to God if you guys don't drop the KungFuKitty talk I'm going to have to fly to TX and shank someone.

2009-07-30 12:49 PM
in reply to: #2317595

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
LOL, you know, that is right after my birthday.

Maybe that's what I tell husband that I want...

Hmmmmmm....

evondo - 2009-07-30 1:41 PM WELCOME BACK!!!!

Hope you're feeling better and not passing that plague around to everyone! Can't wait to see the pics of the new place!

I heard flights on 10/24 to Austin are pretty cheap for shanking visits

2009-07-30 12:52 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
oooohhh we are shaking on our cowboy boots....

Well I have never owned a pair but you get the picture... Frown

2009-07-30 1:04 PM
in reply to: #2317636

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
You mean to tell me that you don't own a pair of bright red ones that your daddy hates when you wear them?

(Please god tell me you get that movie reference or else I'm going to feel really dumb...)

Newtons1st - 2009-07-30 1:52 PM oooohhh we are shaking on our cowboy boots....

2009-07-30 1:15 PM
in reply to: #2317673

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
YEAHHHH!!  Nicole is back!

It's Footloose and if Todd doesn't get that, he cannot be called a BT fan!

Sorry to hear you've been sick but glad to hear you LOVE the new place...I mean palace Wink

Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 1:04 PM You mean to tell me that you don't own a pair of bright red ones that your daddy hates when you wear them?

(Please god tell me you get that movie reference or else I'm going to feel really dumb...)

2009-07-30 1:20 PM
in reply to: #2317701

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
LOL, yay!  I knew someone was as much of a dork as I am...

I mean that in the most loving way possible.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-30 2:15 PM YEAHHHH!!  Nicole is back!

It's Footloose and if Todd doesn't get that, he cannot be called a BT fan!

Sorry to hear you've been sick but glad to hear you LOVE the new place...I mean palace Wink

Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 1:04 PM You mean to tell me that you don't own a pair of bright red ones that your daddy hates when you wear them?

2009-07-30 1:20 PM

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!

And I swear to God if you guys don't drop the KungFuKitty talk I'm going to have to fly to TX and shank someone. in October and cheer for Kelli & Eric in Austin.

Is what you were really saying, huh?  If not, just know that I made no mention of KFK and therefore as one of your closest and dearest friends, will not be getting shanked upon arrival in the great state of TEXAS!  

I am glad to read you are recovering from being Down With The Sickness!! 
2009-07-30 1:22 PM
in reply to: #2317715

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 2:20 PM

And I swear to God if you guys don't drop the KungFuKitty talk I'm going to have to fly to TX and shank someone. in October and cheer for Kelli & Eric in Austin.

Is what you were really saying, huh?  If not, just know that I made no mention of KFK and therefore as one of your closest and dearest friends, will not be getting shanked upon arrival in the great state of TEXAS!  

Weeelllll, I know better than to shank a cop....

Espeically one who could kill me and not leave any evidence.

I would love to come down, I really would... at this point it's all about the financing.  I won't know for sure until a lot closer to the race.
2009-07-30 1:22 PM
in reply to: #2317673

User image

I do, I do... but then again I actually saw it when it first came out (unlike some youngin's *cough, while saying Nicole*)

2009-07-30 1:23 PM
in reply to: #2317715

User image

Master
Houston
Thanks now that song is going to be in my head the rest of the day! At least it's a good one for a bike ride

Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 1:20 PM

2009-07-30 1:25 PM
in reply to: #2317723

User image

evondo - 2009-07-30 1:23 PM Thanks now that song is going to be in my head the rest of the day! At least it's a good one for a bike ride

Given Nicole's track record, I could have mentioned Trapt's Contagious  (sp?)
2009-07-30 1:27 PM
in reply to: #2317732

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 2:25 PM
evondo - 2009-07-30 1:23 PM Thanks now that song is going to be in my head the rest of the day! At least it's a good one for a bike ride

The hysterical thing here is that you just mentioned two of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.  LOL.

2009-07-30 1:42 PM
in reply to: #2317734

User image

Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 1:27 PM

The hysterical thing here is that you just mentioned two of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.  LOL.

In my best Tele Savalus voice ~ you know, Kojak   "Who loves ya baby!"

You do know who Kojak is right?

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-07-30 1:43 PM
2009-07-30 1:45 PM
in reply to: #2317789

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Trin2bfast - 2009-07-30 2:42 PM
Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 1:27 PM

In my best Tele Savalus voice ~ you know, Kojak   "Who loves ya baby!"

You do know who Kojak is right?

Sorry old man, that's probably before my time.  I have no idea who Kojak is.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137