Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL

2009-07-30 3:05 PM
in reply to: #2317701

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Dont make me get my tractor out and we can play chicken!!!

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-30 1:15 PM YEAHHHH!!  Nicole is back!

It's Footloose and if Todd doesn't get that, he cannot be called a BT fan!

Sorry to hear you've been sick but glad to hear you LOVE the new place...I mean palace Wink

Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 1:04 PM You mean to tell me that you don't own a pair of bright red ones that your daddy hates when you wear them?

(Please god tell me you get that movie reference or else I'm going to feel really dumb...)

Newtons1st - 2009-07-30 1:52 PM oooohhh we are shaking on our cowboy boots....

Well I have never owned a pair but you get the picture... Frown

Nicole83 - 2009-07-30 12:38 PM HI!!!!!!

And I swear to God if you guys don't drop the KungFuKitty talk I'm going to have to fly to TX and shank someone.

2009-07-30 3:40 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Master
New York, NY
LMAO!  Of course the afternoon I'm busy at work, all the fun is going on.
2009-07-31 7:43 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Happy Fridayyyyyyyyyyy.

Whose got fun plans?

I'm scheduled to go to a Beer Festival at the Zoo on Saturday night that I am crazy excited about... even though I should not drink heavily on all the meds I'm on.  It's still going to be a fun time.

I also think I'm going to check out a spinning class at the gym close to my new place.  The instructor has completed 7 Ironman's, and she teaches at 6 a.m. several days a week.  If I like her, I might start taking her class regularly.
2009-07-31 8:14 AM
in reply to: #2318935

User image

Master
New York, NY

Woooo hoooo.....Happy Friday!!!!  And, even better, happy rest day to me

A beer festival in a zoo AND drinking on meds....you have an awesome Saturday night lined up!!!  And btw, the meds just making the drinking that much more enjoyable

I have a pretty loaded weekend.  I'm doing a super early 65 mile ride tomorrow, then heading to NJ for a bday party and catch up with some friends.  Sunday I'm running a 15-miler with a couple friends training for the NYC marathon....then it's time for Sunday Funday (and another bday party) with drinks on the pier.  Oh yea, and tonight I'm going on a {cringe} blind date.

Also hoping to check out some commuter bikes this weekend

Nicole83 - 2009-07-31 8:43 AM Happy Fridayyyyyyyyyyy.

Whose got fun plans?

I'm scheduled to go to a Beer Festival at the Zoo on Saturday night that I am crazy excited about... even though I should not drink heavily on all the meds I'm on.  It's still going to be a fun time.

I also think I'm going to check out a spinning class at the gym close to my new place.  The instructor has completed 7 Ironman's, and she teaches at 6 a.m. several days a week.  If I like her, I might start taking her class regularly.

2009-07-31 8:24 AM
in reply to: #2318935

User image

Master
Houston
Happy Friday!

Beer festival with meds, nice combo

I've got a long run this evening, teaching an OWS clinic tomorrow AM, then probably head for some pool side drinking (before I forget... Betsy, Pat might have a pool get together Sat) Sunday will be a bike ride in the AM and finishing up honeymoon/rehearsal dinner planning.

This will be the last relaxing weekend for a while in my schedule... next weekend is Bridgeland, then off to NY for vacation till 8/15, volunteering @TriGirl 8/16 AM, fly out 8/16 PM to CA for work. I'm tired just thinking about all the traveling!

Nicole83 - 2009-07-31 7:43 AM Happy Fridayyyyyyyyyyy.

Whose got fun plans?

2009-07-31 8:30 AM
in reply to: #2319012

User image

Master
Houston
Happy rest day! Sounds like you've got a packed weekend!

Blind date... Do you need a bail out call at a certain time? What info do you have on the guy so far?

KelliD - 2009-07-31 8:14 AM

A beer festival in a zoo AND drinking on meds....you have an awesome Saturday night lined up!!!  And btw, the meds just making the drinking that much more enjoyable

I have a pretty loaded weekend.  I'm doing a super early 65 mile ride tomorrow, then heading to NJ for a bday party and catch up with some friends.  Sunday I'm running a 15-miler with a couple friends training for the NYC marathon....then it's time for Sunday Funday (and another bday party) with drinks on the pier.  Oh yea, and tonight I'm going on a {cringe} blind date.

Whose got fun plans?

2009-07-31 8:32 AM
in reply to: #2319012

User image

KelliD - 2009-07-31 8:14 AM

Whose got fun plans?

Let me know if you need me to run his criminal history...   JK  I think I can speak for the other boys...and eventhough we are a few miles south of ya... We got your back, if ya need us!

Sounds like you ladies got a lot more going on than the old guy.  No plans yet... I AM GOING TO RUN AT LEAST 10 MILES TOMORROW (plan says 12) and a long ride Sunday.  Short of that, I got nothin'...   But it is Friday!!!!   weeeeeee   doggggyy!

2009-07-31 8:52 AM
in reply to: #2319066

User image

Master
Houston
It's self assessment time again, who wants to share??

For me this month was by far the best since NO 70.3. I was much more consistent with making workouts. Mileage for my bike/run pretty much doubled from June to July. My run still seems to suck but I'm hoping that the weather is a partial cause. On the bike I'm seeing consistent improvements week-to-week. Lifting I had trouble getting back into a consistent routine until last week, need to keep this up to get the leg strength up. 

Adding a new goal for next month... 500lbs on leg press for last set of 4x8reps.  Today I'm at 187.5lbs and estimating my FTP @290W (I'll do a test next week) which puts me at 3.41W/kg still a ways to go to 3.55...  Worried a bit about making this with all the traveling planned next month but I'll take my best shot! Next month is crunch time for the Austin olympic, keeping that switch flipped!
2009-07-31 8:54 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Beer+Meds+Zoo= Will be on the 6 and 10 o'clock news.  "Animals tear up the zoo, but not the ones you think"

Kelli so we will need his DL#, SSN#, last 3 know addresses, closest relative, work history, type of bike he rides, does he like BT(not the website you know who), dental records, finger prints and we will need this filled out in triplicate and notorized. If it goes well you should tell him to meet you for your 15 miler and chick him to tears. 

Tonight "In Your Face" will be dominating on the V-Ball court. Hopefully I wont be distracted by the real short tight spandex shorts. They tend to ride up on me. j/k, there is the morning mental you wont be able to get ride of. Going to ride the trianer after that. 8 miler run on Saturday, get a bike fit Saturday afternoon. OWS and a 20 or 35 mile bike ride on Sunday. Not sure which one yet. Was thinking the 35 but with the new fit I might just do the 20 with the fast group and hang on as long as posible. Then resting on Monday.
2009-07-31 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2319123

User image

Master
New York, NY

OMG....I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly in tears.  And thanks for the image, btw....awesome.  I must say, I LOVE the name of your vball team!!  The next time I'm on any sort of team I'm totally stealing borrowing that name!!

And thanks guys!!!  The one thing this guy has going for him is that he's done a tri.  But if I remember correctly it was a swim, mountain bike and paddle, or maybe paddle, bike, trail run....something along those lines.  I don't know how promising this seems, but I've already put it out there that I have a 5.30am ride tomorrow.

Newtons1st - 2009-07-31 9:54 AM Beer+Meds+Zoo= Will be on the 6 and 10 o'clock news.  "Animals tear up the zoo, but not the ones you think"

Kelli so we will need his DL#, SSN#, last 3 know addresses, closest relative, work history, type of bike he rides, does he like BT(not the website you know who), dental records, finger prints and we will need this filled out in triplicate and notorized. If it goes well you should tell him to meet you for your 15 miler and chick him to tears. 

Tonight "In Your Face" will be dominating on the V-Ball court. Hopefully I wont be distracted by the real short tight spandex shorts. They tend to ride up on me. j/k, there is the morning mental you wont be able to get ride of. Going to ride the trianer after that. 8 miler run on Saturday, get a bike fit Saturday afternoon. OWS and a 20 or 35 mile bike ride on Sunday. Not sure which one yet. Was thinking the 35 but with the new fit I might just do the 20 with the fast group and hang on as long as posible. Then resting on Monday.

2009-07-31 9:10 AM
in reply to: #2319114

User image

evondo - 2009-07-31 8:52 AM It's self assessment time again, who wants to share??

July was not a complete loss... I still have a lot of HTFU'ing to do.  I am happy that I have found more time on the bike, but the run time lately has really fallen off.  I am up & down/hot & cold with my plan.  Follow the general idea of it for a few days, fall off, get back on...etc.  Still working on that.  Physically and mentally.  My time swimming has been pretty consistent, although the 'feel' of the swim has been a little off since BSLT.  The early mornings after long work days and the heat are the two biggest hurdles I HAVE to conquer in the coming weeks.  Survive August and really get this engine running for September & 3/4 of October.

I see myself holding steady lately... no REAL gains in fitness, but no major losses either.  I will train hard, train smart, and get my milage & intensities that I need IN!  PERIOD!  I am running short on time, and no room for excuses!  Focus ~ I have to really FOCUS!
2009-07-31 9:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Wow...everyone has such a full weekend planned. 

Kelli - we do expect a FULL report on the blind date.  I can say I went on one in college and it turned out fine. 

Nicole - drinking and the zoo...could get interesting.

Todd - DOMINATE the court tonight!

Justin - just lay low old man j/j  Get in that training mileage! 

Eric pretty much went over our plans except his short term memory forgot I have afternoon plans on Saturday with a girlfriend to just hang out.  Wink 

Yippeee for Fridays!
2009-07-31 9:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
In English this means he wants to get down to 183llbs before the race. Wink

evondo - 2009-07-31 8:52 AM It's self assessment time again, who wants to share??

For me this month was by far the best since NO 70.3. I was much more consistent with making workouts. Mileage for my bike/run pretty much doubled from June to July. My run still seems to suck but I'm hoping that the weather is a partial cause. On the bike I'm seeing consistent improvements week-to-week. Lifting I had trouble getting back into a consistent routine until last week, need to keep this up to get the leg strength up. 

Adding a new goal for next month... 500lbs on leg press for last set of 4x8reps.  Today I'm at 187.5lbs and estimating my FTP @290W (I'll do a test next week) which puts me at 3.41W/kg still a ways to go to 3.55...  Worried a bit about making this with all the traveling planned next month but I'll take my best shot! Next month is crunch time for the Austin olympic, keeping that switch flipped!
2009-07-31 9:25 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
evondo - 2009-07-31 9:52 AM It's self assessment time again, who wants to share??

July was a pretty solid month for me.  Best of all I finally got to see a huge pay off (twice) from all the training I've been putting in!  Randolph Lake Sprint Tri was just amazing!  I took 15 minutes off last year's time and finished 2nd in my AG....exceeding all of my goals for the day.  The NYC Tri was another great race for me and my first oly.  With the excpetion of the bike (in large part due to poor conditions on the road and overcrowding), I hit or exceeded all of my goals for the day and fninshed feeling extremely strong.  

I missed a couple workouts, and in particular one long ride.  Shame on me!  But other than that I've remained fairly consistent.  I think I've made huge headway in swimming and after these races, am confident in considering myself a FOP swimmer   I'd like to work on my confidence/relaxing during the first couple meters, and being more aggressive here.  While I continue to see myself getting stronger on the bike it continues to be my limiter.  Guess I know how I'll be spending my off season  

And, of course I signed up for Longhorn, so the training fun will be continuing after August 23!  I'm heading to the home stretch before Tman, so my goals for August are to enjoy my taper and remember that just bc I'm tapering & volumes are low, doesn't I should miss workouts.  And most importantly, stick to my plan, remember hydrate & pace well on the bike, and have a strong day at Timberman.
2009-07-31 9:26 AM
in reply to: #2319181

User image

Master
New York, NY
Phew, thanks for clearing that up.  My eyes started to glaze over reading that.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-31 10:15 AM In English this means he wants to get down to 183llbs before the race. Wink

2009-07-31 9:30 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Blind date huh?

We will need everything Todd asked for, as well as pics of him in some sort of spandex.

Jammers are preferred.

2009-07-31 9:31 AM
in reply to: #2319208

User image

Master
Houston
Haha well technically I want to be at 183lbs and have a FTP of 295W... FTP is the power you can hold for a hour

Bikers generally rate themselves on Watts/kg because you could be a bigger guy pushing 300W but some little 140lbs punk only needs to 220W and will go the same speed...

KelliD - 2009-07-31 9:26 AM Phew, thanks for clearing that up.  My eyes started to glaze over reading that.

Betsy0706 - 2009-07-31 10:15 AM In English this means he wants to get down to 183llbs before the race. Wink

2009-07-31 9:32 AM
in reply to: #2319221

User image

Master
Houston
This can be handled through a PM I think... Todd already gave us enough mental images for the day!

Nicole83 - 2009-07-31 9:30 AM Blind date huh?

We will need everything Todd asked for, as well as pics of him in some sort of spandex.

Jammers are preferred.

2009-07-31 9:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
July was pretty solid for me as well.  I knew I had to be more consistent with my last tri of the year coming up in August.  Had my best OWS ever!  Being able to swim that 500 was a huge improvement and confidence booster for me.  I also had two of my longest rides on the bike this month (30 miles).  One was a bit more humbling than the other but I got in the mileage.  As for as running goes, I feel a bit stagnant in this area.  I'm getting the work in but the heat/humidity is just killing me.  I'm looking forward to when it gets cooler!
2009-07-31 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2319224

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Haha, fair enough.

I think I didn't even notice that until just now.

It didnt' even occur to me to be traumatized. 

evondo - 2009-07-31 10:32 AM This can be handled through a PM I think... Todd already gave us enough mental images for the day!

Nicole83 - 2009-07-31 9:30 AM Blind date huh?

Jammers are preferred.

2009-07-31 9:50 AM
in reply to: #2319208

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Yah, I skipped over all the geek speak too.

KelliD - 2009-07-31 10:26 AM Phew, thanks for clearing that up.  My eyes started to glaze over reading that.

2009-07-31 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2319221

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Umm the pics can be PMed to all the lady folk. The only guy I need to see in jammers is me in the morning sucking it in and flexing telling my wife "yeah I still got it baby"
2009-07-31 10:00 AM

User image

http://www.spike.com/blog/how-to-make-girls/84496

This made me laugh!  I guess you could say that it is quite perv-a-licious!  I can only imagine the reaction... say at OWS Sunday!
2009-07-31 10:05 AM

User image

Todd, don't send me this kinda stuff in a PM, it's supposed to go to the girls...

Edited by Trin2bfast 2009-07-31 10:06 AM

(Speedo.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Speedo.jpg (6KB - 8 downloads)
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137