Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 137

2009-08-03 12:53 PM
in reply to: #2324320

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Subject: RE: Evondo's Group - FULL
Okay, I'm gonna need WAYYYY more detail than that.

What did he look like?

What did you talk about?

What does he do for a living?

How does he look in a speedo?

Did he kiss you goodnight?

Hey, you told us about it... now you have to dish.

KelliD - 2009-08-03 1:31 PM Well, I spent the better part of Friday afternoon wishing he might have to cancel.  No such luck.   I was pleasantly surprised though.  It went really well (or at least I think so) and I had a way better time than I expected.  I went figuring I'd have a drink, maybe 2, and hit the road after an hour....a few drinks, dinner and 4 hours later I was on my way home. 

evondo - 2009-08-03 1:02 PM If I remember correctly, you owe us a 'blind date report'!

2009-08-03 12:55 PM
in reply to: #2324069

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
I don't know about full force.  More like, when the husband isn't looking for the time being.

evondo - 2009-08-03 12:28 PM Nicole's coming back full force?!?!

Was a good weekend, I really enjoyed teaching the OWS clinic.  Was a little intimidated when I was told it was going to be so big but once we started going I was alright.

Nicole83 - 2009-08-03 10:06 AM Happy Monday Kids.

I'm mourning the race that I didn't do this weekend and am starting to twitch from general inactivity.  Short of a few dance classes and push ups/sit ups in my spare time, I haven't done anything in almost a month now (unless you count moving.)

I think I'm going to be headed back to the gym tonight.  Husband is working late and I could use a sweat session to get the beer out.

How was everyone's weekends?
2009-08-03 1:29 PM
in reply to: #2324410

User image

Master
New York, NY
I had a feeling I wasn't going to get away with my short & sweet review.   It was worth a shot.

He's probably about 6'1"/2" (this is ideal for me....I'm 5'10"), brown hair & seems like he has a swimmer's body, nice/casual dresser, good sarcastic sense of humor.  I don't know that speedos are necissarily attractive on anyone.  However....I'm gonna say he could probably rock it and look good.  He used to be in the navy and now works for the gov't...actually a pretty interesting job, but I won't bore you with the details.  We talked about a lot of stuff....I don't remember all of it, which may be not be a good thing.  But let's see....of course we talked about triathlon, traveling, some flirting, NYC, work, love of food/restaurants, more flirting....and I'm sure I talked way, way too much.  But it was a long date, so apparently I wasn't that atrocious.

And, how do you know that I wasn't the one to kiss him goodnight????

Nicole83 - 2009-08-03 1:53 PM Okay, I'm gonna need WAYYYY more detail than that.

What did he look like?

What did you talk about?

KelliD - 2009-08-03 1:31 PM Well, I spent the better part of Friday afternoon wishing he might have to cancel.  No such luck.   I was pleasantly surprised though.  It went really well (or at least I think so) and I had a way better time than I expected.  I went figuring I'd have a drink, maybe 2, and hit the road after an hour....a few drinks, dinner and 4 hours later I was on my way home. 

evondo - 2009-08-03 1:02 PM If I remember correctly, you owe us a 'blind date report'!

2009-08-03 1:59 PM
in reply to: #2324537

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
YAYYYYY!

That is more what I hoped for!

I'm an old married bitty (biddy?) I need to live vicariously through someone.

And I'm glad that there was some making out.  That's a good end to any date.

KelliD - 2009-08-03 2:29 PM I had a feeling I wasn't going to get away with my short & sweet review.   It was worth a shot.

He's probably about 6'1"/2" (this is ideal for me....I'm 5'10"), brown hair & seems like he has a swimmer's body, nice/casual dresser, good sarcastic sense of humor.  I don't know that speedos are necissarily attractive on anyone.  However....I'm gonna say he could probably rock it and look good.  He used to be in the navy and now works for the gov't...actually a pretty interesting job, but I won't bore you with the details.  We talked about a lot of stuff....I don't remember all of it, which may be not be a good thing.  But let's see....of course we talked about triathlon, traveling, some flirting, NYC, work, love of food/restaurants, more flirting....and I'm sure I talked way, way too much.  But it was a long date, so apparently I wasn't that atrocious.

Nicole83 - 2009-08-03 1:53 PM Okay, I'm gonna need WAYYYY more detail than that.

What did he look like?

What did you talk about?

2009-08-03 2:29 PM
in reply to: #2324632

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
haha..if Nicole wouldn't have asked...I would have! 

Gotta love those swimmers' bodies! Wink  This guy could be promising!  Thanks for the details. 

Nicole83 - 2009-08-03 1:59 PM YAYYYYY!

KelliD - 2009-08-03 2:29 PM I had a feeling I wasn't going to get away with my short & sweet review.   It was worth a shot.

2009-08-03 2:53 PM
in reply to: #2324632

User image

Master
New York, NY
Ok...you can't refer to yourself as old bc I'm older than you and there's no way I'm "old"!

Nicole83 - 2009-08-03 2:59 PM YAYYYYY!

What did he look like?

What did you talk about?

2009-08-03 2:58 PM
in reply to: #2324710

User image

Master
New York, NY
Quite possibly, but we'll see what happens tomorrow bc when it rains it pours over here.  I have another date tomorrow, with someone else

Betsy0706 - 2009-08-03 3:29 PM haha..if Nicole wouldn't have asked...I would have! 

Gotta love those swimmers' bodies! Wink  This guy could be promising!  Thanks for the details. 

Nicole83 - 2009-08-03 1:59 PM YAYYYYY!

2009-08-03 3:46 PM
in reply to: #2324818

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Isn't that always how it works?  Enjoy it!

KelliD - 2009-08-03 2:58 PM Quite possibly, but we'll see what happens tomorrow bc when it rains it pours over here.  I have another date tomorrow, with someone else

Betsy0706 - 2009-08-03 3:29 PM haha..if Nicole wouldn't have asked...I would have! 

2009-08-03 4:03 PM
in reply to: #1856928

User image

Triathlete Nation ~ Texas!
You are taking the tri training a little too far... big volume of S~B~R, does not translate into increased volume on the dating scene     Just joshin'!  You go girl!  Sounds like your cup runneth over with all the good things in life! 

2009-08-04 8:05 AM

User image

Pro
Sarasota FL
Another date?  Woo hoo!  Hot mamma!  Can't wait for the "date report" on that one.

Should we create some sort of function where you could do it similar to a race report for us?

2009-08-04 8:35 AM
in reply to: #2326203

User image

Master
New York, NY
Lol!

Nicole83 - 2009-08-04 9:05 AM Another date?  Woo hoo!  Hot mamma!  Can't wait for the "date report" on that one.

Should we create some sort of function where you could do it similar to a race report for us?

2009-08-04 9:16 AM
in reply to: #2324972

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Look at you player.

Betsy0706 - 2009-08-03 3:46 PM Isn't that always how it works?  Enjoy it!

KelliD - 2009-08-03 2:58 PM Quite possibly, but we'll see what happens tomorrow bc when it rains it pours over here.  I have another date tomorrow, with someone else

2009-08-04 9:30 AM

User image

Okay peeps (but mostly EvD)... flip turns ~>   I thought I had them down pretty good, and I have been using them inconsistently in the pool... but this AM, I was FUBAR!  I am blaming it on the swimskin    But I did a total of 4 flip turns at the start of my swim this am, with them getting progressively more f'd up as I flipped...  The last one resulting in me somehow, over flipping swimming into the bottom of the pool, scraping my right shoulder in an effort to deflect the impact... and now I have this 6 inch scratch that suprisingly stings like a SOB!  WTF?  Do you really think the swim skin would affect my turn or should I just stick to my side turns and not risk further injury?

signed... all flipped out!

2009-08-04 9:33 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I know its a little late but July review.

The race went well and I got back on tract. The last 2 weeks have been hell on my traing with just rain and life stuff. I dont have alot of extra time so when I plan something and it gets canceled it is gone.

So I will not have a rest week this week as originally planned. The last 2 weeks were too easy and I dont deserve one yet. Changed the schedule around some and I need to earn a rest week. So August will be a hard one. I am also adding in 3 30 minute lifting sessions. Need to get back at some weights. Will be getting up to 40 mile bike by the end of the month.  

I still will be reading today but still have big bro on me. We are doing a new computer system and they said they will be monitoring internets usage. Usually I have the office people that out do me but now they are actually working.
2009-08-04 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2326508

User image

Master
Houston
Dear 'all flipped out'-

You going to the bottom of the pool means you were under flipping, if you over flip you'll shoot out of the water. As your shoulder found out it's better to err on the side of over flipping because you'll avoid the bottom... I'm not sure if the swim skin is what threw you off, the most common reason for not flipping far enough is because you come out of your tuck to soon (cause you want air?). When starting to incorporate flipping into workouts it's best to alternate walls so only flip on one wall so you can focus more on that wall and do your normal side turns on the other.  I'd say keep on trying it because the benefits of flipping will help you in open water since you'll eliminate those extra wall breaths and swim more continuously.  Just make sure to over rotate and your shoulder will thank you

Trin2bfast - 2009-08-04 9:30 AM

Okay peeps (but mostly EvD)... flip turns ~>   I thought I had them down pretty good, and I have been using them inconsistently in the pool... but this AM, I was FUBAR!  I am blaming it on the swimskin    But I did a total of 4 flip turns at the start of my swim this am, with them getting progressively more f'd up as I flipped...  The last one resulting in me somehow, over flipping swimming into the bottom of the pool, scraping my right shoulder in an effort to deflect the impact... and now I have this 6 inch scratch that suprisingly stings like a SOB!  WTF?  Do you really think the swim skin would affect my turn or should I just stick to my side turns and not risk further injury?

signed... all flipped out!

2009-08-04 10:04 AM
in reply to: #2326523

User image

Master
Houston
After I just got done telling you my lifting plan... Take it easy on those legs in the weight room! Core exercises will yield you the most bang for your weight room minute

Newtons1st - 2009-08-04 9:33 AM I know its a little late but July review.

The race went well and I got back on tract. The last 2 weeks have been hell on my traing with just rain and life stuff. I dont have alot of extra time so when I plan something and it gets canceled it is gone.

So I will not have a rest week this week as originally planned. The last 2 weeks were too easy and I dont deserve one yet. Changed the schedule around some and I need to earn a rest week. So August will be a hard one. I am also adding in 3 30 minute lifting sessions. Need to get back at some weights. Will be getting up to 40 mile bike by the end of the month.  

I still will be reading today but still have big bro on me. We are doing a new computer system and they said they will be monitoring internets usage. Usually I have the office people that out do me but now they are actually working.

2009-08-04 10:18 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
lol... My lifting will be more upper body and core focused. The only legs one will be more of a plyometric type workout. I have been asked to join the power divison on the v-ball so I need to work on my ups. Don't worry you won't see me doing those manly 500 lbs leg press stuff.
2009-08-04 10:21 AM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
I had planned on the lifting part before I asked you and read yourmessage. Not too much just 3 30 minute sessions a week. All of it done in the house with dumb bells and bands.
2009-08-04 11:30 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY
Time to start thinking about next season already!!  Registration for Eagleman 70.3 opened this morning and a load of people are already signed up.  Supposedly this fills up rather quickly.  Decisions, decisions......
2009-08-04 11:30 AM

User image

Master
New York, NY

Ooops....double post.

Edited by KelliD 2009-08-04 11:30 AM
2009-08-04 12:30 PM
in reply to: #2326974

User image

KelliD - 2009-08-04 11:30 AM Time to start thinking about next season already!!  Registration for Eagleman 70.3 opened this morning and a load of people are already signed up.  Supposedly this fills up rather quickly.  Decisions, decisions......

A true Tri-maniac!   It kinda sucks that the good races fill up so fast... it really puts a lot of pressure out there to hurry up and decide so far out!  Wildflower or Escape from Alcatraz... After Texas, you are gonna have to venture west to help balance your resume  

2009-08-04 1:07 PM
in reply to: #2327214

User image

Master
New York, NY
Alcatraz is most definitely on my to-do list!!!  But realistically my climbing legs aren't quite ready for those hills yet.....or at least I want to be stonger to before attemping this race (assuming I was to even get in the lottery).  Wildflower at some point, but not next year.  Probably the #1 west coast race on my list is Vineman 70.3. 

Trin2bfast - 2009-08-04 1:30 PM
A true Tri-maniac!   It kinda sucks that the good races fill up so fast... it really puts a lot of pressure out there to hurry up and decide so far out!  Wildflower or Escape from Alcatraz... After Texas, you are gonna have to venture west to help balance your resume  
2009-08-04 1:58 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Well now that I have noticed the actual Longhorn date I will regretfully say me and my boom box will not be able to attend. I will work on a package to get to our fearless racers to help male up for the lack of BT playing on the course.
2009-08-04 2:39 PM
in reply to: #2327508

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, TX
Oh no...now Todd is out?  Gain one, lose another.

And FYI - It's our fearless leaders birthday today! 

Newtons1st - 2009-08-04 1:58 PM Well now that I have noticed the actual Longhorn date I will regretfully say me and my boom box will not be able to attend. I will work on a package to get to our fearless racers to help male up for the lack of BT playing on the course.
2009-08-04 2:58 PM

User image

Expert
Rowlett, TX
Happy birthday Eric. How could you keep such a thing from us. Save me a slice of cake.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Evondo's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 137