BT Development Mentor Program Archives » light_sabe_r's group is CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 23

2008-05-14 4:28 PM
in reply to: #1400208

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glasgow, UK
Subject: RE: light_sabe_r's group is CLOSED
bcart1991 - 2008-05-13 9:22 PM

Dang it, my sprint tri is only a 200 yd swim. That stinks, I was hoping for more. I'm like a dolphin in that there water, but like an elephant on that there runnin'.

I am so so similar!!

2008-05-14 5:54 PM
in reply to: #1402928

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
So I saw the doc today ... he told me to not run for 2-3 weeks and to not cycle for 1-2 weeks ... I said "but I have a triathlon in 11 days!" ... and he said "no you don't!" ... I guess I'm out.

Instead - I will be volunteering. Good 'nuff. I still have 5 more races later on this summer to get thru. And in the meantime, a literal mountain of school-work.

Chrissy - your hill sounds nightmarish! But I know you'll be fine ... you're tougher than you think you are!!

Andria - sorry about the bike and the car and the garage ... but glad to hear you are back moving around and training, even if you have had to go back to work.

Brian - you're a runner you're a runner you're a runner! ;-)

2008-05-14 6:23 PM
in reply to: #1403105

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
SpiritFire - 2008-05-14 6:54 PM

Brian - you're a runner you're a runner you're a runner! ;-)

I refuse to accept it.

*hands over ears*

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Edited by bcart1991 2008-05-14 6:23 PM
2008-05-14 6:57 PM
in reply to: #1403147

User image

Colorado

bcart1991 - 2008-05-14 5:23 PM
SpiritFire - 2008-05-14 6:54 PM Brian - you're a runner you're a runner you're a runner! ;-)
I refuse to accept it. *hands over ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Since you're playing that game:

YOU'RE A RUNNER, YOU'RE A RUNNER, YOU'RE A RUNNER, YOU'RE A RUNNER!!!!!  times inifinity!

Edited by AndriaLL 2008-05-14 6:58 PM
2008-05-14 7:03 PM
in reply to: #1349986

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
STOP IT!!!

My abs hurt from laughing after my hellacious ride today!

And my leg muscles are currently the consistency of jello.
2008-05-14 8:47 PM
in reply to: #1403105

SpiritFire - 2008-05-14 6:54 PM So I saw the doc today ... he told me to not run for 2-3 weeks and to not cycle for 1-2 weeks ... I said "but I have a triathlon in 11 days!" ... and he said "no you don't!" ... I guess I'm out. Instead - I will be volunteering. Good 'nuff. I still have 5 more races later on this summer to get thru. And in the meantime, a literal mountain of school-work. Chrissy - your hill sounds nightmarish! But I know you'll be fine ... you're tougher than you think you are!! Andria - sorry about the bike and the car and the garage ... but glad to hear you are back moving around and training, even if you have had to go back to work. Brian - you're a runner you're a runner you're a runner! ;-)

Man, I hope some strange, hard-core tri-chick emerges from within the depths of my soul on Saturday...

2008-05-14 8:51 PM
in reply to: #1403234

bcart1991 - 2008-05-14 8:03 PM STOP IT!!! My abs hurt from laughing after my hellacious ride today! And my leg muscles are currently the consistency of jello.

Seriously - you will learn to like running. I really enjoy it now - more so than the bike. And I HATED running. Always hated it. Couldn't do it - in junior high and high school I could barely run a mile. And I was otherwise thin and healthy. I danced. I was a good swimmer, and actually a pretty decent sprinter (like 100 meter dash type of thing). I HATED running until about a year ago when I started training for tris. In a year, I've gone from not being able to run a mile straight without stopping to the kick- run I logged last night. I mean, I'm not breaking any world records, but I ran a mile in 8:40 - that's about HALF of my mile time from high school. So just keep at it.

2008-05-14 9:28 PM
in reply to: #1403223

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
AndriaLL - 2008-05-14 6:57 PM

bcart1991 - 2008-05-14 5:23 PM
SpiritFire - 2008-05-14 6:54 PM Brian - you're a runner you're a runner you're a runner! ;-)
I refuse to accept it. *hands over ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Since you're playing that game:

YOU'RE A RUNNER, YOU'RE A RUNNER, YOU'RE A RUNNER, YOU'RE A RUNNER!!!!!  times inifinity!

You guys are funny. I'm not feeling crash hot-fighting another cold or something but this cracked me up..children!

Edited by bondgirl 2008-05-14 9:31 PM
2008-05-15 9:01 AM

Morning folks! I am glad it's almost the weekend, though I'm a little bit freaked about Saturday's ride. The thoughts for no rain seem to be working, so let's keep them coming!!! (I'm a pretty lousy and inconsistent pray-er, except for this week!)

Btw, where is our fearless mentor??? Mentoooooooorrr....

Edited by wurkit_gurl 2008-05-15 9:02 AM
2008-05-15 11:05 AM
in reply to: #1404017

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
I've been wondering the same thing about our fearless leader ... oh meennnttoooorr ... where aaarree yooooouoouu ..?? ;-)

Chrissy you WILL find your inner hard-core tri-chick on Saturday - you WILL! ... she's in there, just waiting for her opportunity to bust-out and have a blast. I'll be thinking of you on Saturday, sending you lots of white light and energy, nonetheless. And I will be keeping all the rain clouds here.

My foot feels fine today, although a bit stiff. The thought actually crossed my mind "hey, I should go for a run today" ... ummm - NO! I might hit the pool later, but I'm not going to let myself fall into the repetitive injury trap I cycled through last year. It was horrible. I need to take at least a few days off to let my foot rest. That and I'm a little bit in love with my doctor - I don't want him to be mad at me and thrive on his approval. LOL.
2008-05-15 12:34 PM
in reply to: #1404480

User image

Colorado

SpiritFire - 2008-05-15 10:05 AM I've been wondering the same thing about our fearless leader ... oh meennnttoooorr ... where aaarree yooooouoouu ..?? ;-) Chrissy you WILL find your inner hard-core tri-chick on Saturday - you WILL! ... she's in there, just waiting for her opportunity to bust-out and have a blast. I'll be thinking of you on Saturday, sending you lots of white light and energy, nonetheless. And I will be keeping all the rain clouds here. My foot feels fine today, although a bit stiff. The thought actually crossed my mind "hey, I should go for a run today" ... ummm - NO! I might hit the pool later, but I'm not going to let myself fall into the repetitive injury trap I cycled through last year. It was horrible. I need to take at least a few days off to let my foot rest. That and I'm a little bit in love with my doctor - I don't want him to be mad at me and thrive on his approval. LOL.

Hey Trina!  Great news about the foot!  Yeah, try to remember not to run on it, though  

I'm actually going to PT tonight as my right foot started to hurt again.  I had surgery on it in October (hey, I guess you can see the scar in the pic now!) and my big toe settled back into the joint improperly.  It was great for several weeks, so I stopped going to PT--and now it's all swollen again.  Maybe it was the week and a half off and then the bricks on Tuesday.  I decided I'm going to walk my half mary, maybe jog a little since I have friend doing the driving...so I need to get that taken care of.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

P.S.  I checked in on the mentor's blog and she's been naughty

2008-05-15 1:33 PM
in reply to: #1404750

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Oh if that's our mentor's idea of naughty ... she'd never survive my life. ;-)
hee hee
2008-05-15 7:01 PM
in reply to: #1404944

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
SpiritFire - 2008-05-15 2:33 PM

Oh if that's our mentor's idea of naughty ... she'd never survive my life. ;-)
hee hee

Tell me about it. Sleeping in, sooooo naughty.

Had a decent swim today, didn't push too hard, put in a nice 1000 yds.

Mrs. bcart is heading out of town for a tennis tournament this weekend, so I can get some stuff done around the house, maybe finish up the tri bike.
2008-05-16 10:36 AM
in reply to: #1405742

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
So guess what I'm doing today ... I'm going on a photo shoot and being treated like a star!

I'm FREAKING nervous ... it's going to take all afternoon - I have a friend who is an amazing photographer, so she's bringing her all resources and we're going to spend the afternoon traipsing about the city doing shots for my business website, and for promotional materials.

I am so not photogenic, I'm really nervous about this. And I'm taking just about every change of clothes and shoes I own - I have no idea what will look good.

I really hate having my picture taken. Although my friend is REALLY good, I trust she'll airbrush and photoshop me ... I seriously do turn into a hideous sea monster as soon as a camera is pointed at me. ;-)

edited to say: I also don't really know how to put on makeup or do my hair well ... this could be very interesting!

Edited by SpiritFire 2008-05-16 10:37 AM
2008-05-16 10:43 AM
in reply to: #1406766

SpiritFire - 2008-05-16 11:36 AM So guess what I'm doing today ... I'm going on a photo shoot and being treated like a star! I'm FREAKING nervous ... it's going to take all afternoon - I have a friend who is an amazing photographer, so she's bringing her all resources and we're going to spend the afternoon traipsing about the city doing shots for my business website, and for promotional materials. I am so not photogenic, I'm really nervous about this. And I'm taking just about every change of clothes and shoes I own - I have no idea what will look good. I really hate having my picture taken. Although my friend is REALLY good, I trust she'll airbrush and photoshop me ... I seriously do turn into a hideous sea monster as soon as a camera is pointed at me. ;-) edited to say: I also don't really know how to put on makeup or do my hair well ... this could be very interesting!

Sounds fun! If she's a decent photographer, she will make you look photogenic. I am not terribly photogenic either, as far as just cameo shots, but I had professional head shots done in NY when I was a senior in college (part of the job - theatre), and they're freaking hot! I chose 2 to be developed and get repros, but he took 5 rolls of 36 shots each and all of them were fantastic, seriously. I did have someone do my hair and make-up and the shots were black and white. Have fun!!

Tomorrow is my ride!!! Yikes!!! I am just hoping the rain stays away...looks good so far, but you never know. I am also hoping that I don't get a flat, or crash, etc.

2008-05-16 11:13 AM
in reply to: #1406803

User image

Colorado

I'm glad I checked on my bike last night.  After I drove it into the side of the house I checked it and everything was fine.  Tomorrow I am doing a mini tri so I thought I would double check that I had tools, etc., and guess what???  Both tires were completely flat.  I bought 3 new tubes, changed them in both tires and saved one as a spare (since I don't know how to do a patch or if I could do a patch--I assume it was pressure from the collision?).  It was my first time fixing a flat on a road bike.  I'm pretty happy about that.

Good luck on your race tomorrow Chrissy!!!  Still hoping for NO RAIN!  Is anyone else racing?  I have the mini-tri with my tri group (not timed, just practice really) tomorrow and a half marathon on Sunday.  I'll be registering for another half marathon later in the season as this one isn't going to be what I had hoped for...you know, 2 weeks out from losing a kidney and all.  I didn't really plan on that little blow.  I have to say I'll be proud if I just walk the whole way and finish the darn thing. 

Edited by AndriaLL 2008-05-16 11:15 AM

2008-05-16 11:19 AM
in reply to: #1406899

AndriaLL - 2008-05-16 12:13 PM

I'm glad I checked on my bike last night.  After I drove it into the side of the house I checked it and everything was fine.  Tomorrow I am doing a mini tri so I thought I would double check that I had tools, etc., and guess what???  Both tires were completely flat.  I bought 3 new tubes, changed them in both tires and saved one as a spare (since I don't know how to do a patch or if I could do a patch--I assume it was pressure from the collision?).  It was my first time fixing a flat on a road bike.  I'm pretty happy about that.

Good luck on your race tomorrow Chrissy!!!  Still hoping for NO RAIN!  Is anyone else racing?  I have the mini-tri with my tri group (not timed, just practice really) tomorrow and a half marathon on Sunday.  I'll be registering for another half marathon later in the season as this one isn't going to be what I had hoped for...you know, 2 weeks out from losing a kidney and all.  I didn't really plan on that little blow.  I have to say I'll be proud if I just walk the whole way and finish the darn thing. 

There are a whole bunch of us who are riding as a team. It's not really a "race", just a century ride - thankfully! I don't think I could race 100 miles. Most centuries are not raced, per se. There are rest stops with food, etc. And there are others who are coming out to do 25 or 50 miles of the ride as well.

2008-05-16 3:15 PM

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

Sending good vibes to both of you!

Chrissy, I know your ride is going to go great!  Sounds like you have a good group to enjoy your 100 miles with.  Just remember to smile on those downhills...I'm convinced it helps!  (And a little maniacal laughter never hurts either.  It shows those hills who's boss!)

Andria, the fact that you're even attempting a half-mary this weekend is amazing!  You had surgury like two weeks ago and you're already back at it, crazy girl.  Good luck and enjoy your race!

2008-05-16 5:09 PM
in reply to: #1407719

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Chrissy, you're going to be fine ... I'm holding all the rain clouds here over my Island - so you will have a sunny dry day. ;-)

Andria - you're amazing! Here I am all oh-woe-is-me because my foot hurts, and you're doing a half-mary 2 weeks after surgery! Rock on, sister.
2008-05-17 7:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glasgow, UK
Good luck Chrissy and Andria - you both rock and I'll send you good vibes.

I do my 10k tomorrow. I'm quite nervous as it'll be the furthest I've ran. I need to sort out my gear and psyche myself and work out how to get there on time.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend.
2008-05-17 3:12 PM
in reply to: #1408366

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

Kate_r - 2008-05-17 8:22 AM Good luck Chrissy and Andria - you both rock and I'll send you good vibes. I do my 10k tomorrow. I'm quite nervous as it'll be the furthest I've ran. I need to sort out my gear and psyche myself and work out how to get there on time. Hope everyone else has a good weekend.

Good luck!  Have a fast and fun race!

2008-05-18 3:55 PM

User image

Slower Than You
Cracklantaburbs
I feel like I got hit ny a freight train this weekend.

My life is going to change in one of 3 ways. I hope I choose the one that is for the best.

Gonna need some positive waves thrown this way for a pretty long while as I wade through this maelstrom.

Oy vey.
2008-05-18 6:28 PM
in reply to: #1409425

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Positive waves being sent ... or at least as many as I can send, considering how horribly hung over I am ...

What's going on? Everything ok?
2008-05-18 6:30 PM
in reply to: #1409425

User image

Veteran
Springfield, Illinois

Hey guys and gals.

First of all I want to say that I apologize for not chiming in lately. I have been reading the posts and keeping track, but I'm getting a weird vibe at work lately about the internet stuff, so I can only read via my mobile phone but can't really reply or navigate efficiently. By the time I get home, life is crazy and my internet connection is archaic. You have all been so good about sending motivation and encouragement my way and I have fallen short in returning the favors. I feel like a taker, not a giver. Please forgive me. 

To all who raced this weekend, EXCELLENT WORK! And I say work, because that is what you have been doing to prepare and that is what you produced. Good, bad, or ugly, doesn't matter. The glory is in the journey and attaining the goal. The numbers are all relative. In my eyes, all of you are CHAMPIONS for even attempting multisports and feats of endurance. Anything that you set out to do that is outside of your comfort zone is worth whatever result you attain. The gem in all the sweat, blood and tears is pushing yourself to overcome fears, physical obsticals, mental blocks. How you compare to others is irrelevant.

Sorry to ramble on, I'm feeling philosophical tonight. Too much red meat, maybe. 

Rock on fellow mentees and have a great week of training ahead!

2008-05-18 9:15 PM

Hey ladies and gent...I'm alive!!! I wrote about it in my blog, but it was fun. I didn't break any sound barriers and I did walk down two hills (but there were lots of hills), but I did successfully fish a Gu out of my jersey and eat it all while riding, so that's one small victory It was lots of fun, and would be fun to do again next year, with another year of riding under my belt.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » light_sabe_r's group is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 23