BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-01-06 1:29 PM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

strange fact? Well, I had to complete a very thorough background check for a job at a nuclear power plant which included family members. When I typed in my wifes estranged fathers name into google the first thing that comes up is that he has seen a Sasquatch. 

Training has been informal this week but I am set to start a plan on Monday. Time is going to be very tight as I have a trip planned to pick up a new kayak I bought and I am starting my "away from home" job on Thursday.

2012-01-06 2:23 PM
in reply to: #3975338

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
DaveL - 2012-01-06 1:29 PM

strange fact? Well, I had to complete a very thorough background check for a job at a nuclear power plant which included family members. When I typed in my wifes estranged fathers name into google the first thing that comes up is that he has seen a Sasquatch. 

Training has been informal this week but I am set to start a plan on Monday. Time is going to be very tight as I have a trip planned to pick up a new kayak I bought and I am starting my "away from home" job on Thursday.

I saw him too!  Then I got sober.  23 years ago, Sasquatch and I were separated for the last time. : D  No aliens either.

2012-01-06 2:38 PM
in reply to: #3975338

User image

Expert

So did that help you or hurt you?

2012-01-06 2:43 PM
in reply to: #3975469

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Tim- I sometimes feel the same way about training for IMWI.  I did Racine last summer as well as my first triathlon, and my training didn't go exactly as planned.  We had some major issues come up involving my husband's job and my family, so that needed to take priority.  But, I finished, even if at poky puppy pace, and in the extreme heat, so I was happy.  That is my goal for IMWI- to finish first of all, and enjoy the journey to get to the finish line.

Dave L- Funny you mention the sasquatch sighting.  There is a guy who used to play for our soccer club and worked with my mom, and we found out about a year ago that he is the regional contact for Bigfoot sightings!

Ok, so for my strange fact...I am a part owner of the Green Bay Packers.  I purchased stock in the team this year, despite my husband's objections (he is a Chicago Bears fan, we have a mixed marriage) Tongue out.  As a stockholder, you are invited to the annual stockholders' meeting at Lambeau, have opportunities to watch warm-ups on the sideline before a game, and access to other pretty cool events and opportunities not open to others.  When I was younger, we used to go up for training camp in Green Bay each year, and we were fortunate enough to meet Brett Favre, Reggie White, and Mike Holmgren the year before they won the Superbowl in 96. 

My day off has been hectic!  And I wish I was training today...it's actually 53 outside right now!  Plus, a run sounds so much better than trying to unclog our bathroom drain.

Happy Friday everyone!

2012-01-06 3:01 PM
in reply to: #3975469

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
IceManScott - 2012-01-06 3:23 PM

I saw him too!  Then I got sober.  23 years ago, Sasquatch and I were separated for the last time. : D  No aliens either.

LMAO  Laughing

2012-01-06 4:40 PM

User image

Jackson, MS

Hahaha, y'all are awesome...actually, Michael and I have watched that "search for bigfoot" show, and it's kind of hilarious.  Favorite quote from it--in a creepy sing-song voice "There's a squatch in these woods..."

Trying desperately to catch up on water intake for the race tomorrow.  Had a big meal last night. What do you guys normally eat the night before a race?

2012-01-06 4:48 PM

User image

Regular

Dang.  I wanna see bigfoot.  I think I got pretty close this New Year's Eve.

Weird fact for Friday.  In my former life (up til a few months ago) I was a professional scrapbook designer for about 4 years using a Cricut machine.  Got published in a couple magazines, taught a couple hundred classes, travelled a fair amount, and have a few thousand blog followers, etc.  I also started my own business doing it, selling my designed kits and shipped them all over the country and about 5 other countries too.  Pretty fun stuff, but I got burnt out and tired of working 12 hour days. 

Today is my rest day, and boy do I need it.  I ran 4.3 miles last night and am a bit sore from that since I'm still not quite back in decent running shape.  I also caught another cold, even though I just got over one less than 2 weeks ago.  Grrrrrr!  Previous cold I took it really easy and barely worked out.  I think with this one, I'll keep doing my workouts and see if it makes any difference.

Hope all you Type A's are having a great day, LOL! 

Keri, it is lovely to have a fellow lazy sister here.  Good to know it's possible!!

2012-01-06 5:49 PM
in reply to: #3975740

User image

Expert

Monique - at what effort are you running the 4.3 in?  That just seems like higher mileage if you are not up to your top running shape especially if you are saying you are sore.  How are you or your coach structuring your run workouts? (ie..  easy run, long run, speed, etc...) and how many days a week?

MoniqueGriffith - 2012-01-06 4:48 PM

Today is my rest day, and boy do I need it.  I ran 4.3 miles last night and am a bit sore from that since I'm still not quite back in decent running shape. 

2012-01-06 5:51 PM

User image

SE North Carolina
Been off the site for a day, very busy with work.  it was my rest day today according to the Higdon half marathon training program, Ive got 4 miles planned for the morning and maybe a bike ride in the afternoon, its suppose to be around 70 or so again, should be a nice day to get out.... 

Edited by MANDOWN 2012-01-06 5:52 PM
2012-01-06 5:53 PM
in reply to: #3975718

User image

Expert

Good luck tomorrow!  It's always Olive Garden for me (usually just pasta and red sauce w/ breadsticks) night before a race.  Then I get up at 3:00am and drink 10oz. sports drink, bagel, and banana - back to bed and get up around 5am and drink another couple oz. of sports drink with some water and some Cheerios and an apple.

Mary A - 2012-01-06 4:40 PM

What do you guys normally eat the night before a race?

2012-01-06 6:00 PM
in reply to: #3975841

User image

Pro
Houston
tmoran80 - 2012-01-06 5:53 PM

Good luck tomorrow!  It's always Olive Garden for me (usually just pasta and red sauce w/ breadsticks) night before a race.  Then I get up at 3:00am and drink 10oz. sports drink, bagel, and banana - back to bed and get up around 5am and drink another couple oz. of sports drink with some water and some Cheerios and an apple.

Mary A - 2012-01-06 4:40 PM

What do you guys normally eat the night before a race?

Before races I start dinner the day before around 2pm. Brown Italian sausage and it cooks in a crock pot with basil voldka tomato sauce ALL day. Served over thin spaghetti with bread. Drink water after dinner and keep a glass on my night stand. Have a glass first thing in the morning followed by coffee & an Odwalla bar.

I am always surprised when people always eat out the night before - I know somebody that always goes to PF Changs. We eat out regularly but I would not trust a restaurant with my pre-race meal. I've gotten sick off Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, TGIFridays, Chili's, Outback etc. it just happens. I can control more at home. I guess I'm quirky when it comes to dinner the night before.

Edited by KeriKadi 2012-01-06 6:01 PM

2012-01-06 7:56 PM
in reply to: #3975850

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

My standby pre-race meal is chicken risotto- it's a recipe I found in a triathlon magazine years ago.  The exception is when traveling.  For the Chicago triathlon, we usually go out for pasta.  I guess I never really thought about or worried about getting sick...but now I will be more careful for sure!

The morning of a race, I usually go for oatmeal and an apple, and then a powerbar closer to the race start.  I can't eat bananas...I am actually allergic to them, which sucks because they are good for you, and are given out at every race and in just about every smoothie. Tongue out

2012-01-06 8:17 PM
in reply to: #3975835

User image

Regular
tmoran80 - 2012-01-06 3:49 PM

Monique - at what effort are you running the 4.3 in?  That just seems like higher mileage if you are not up to your top running shape especially if you are saying you are sore.  How are you or your coach structuring your run workouts? (ie..  easy run, long run, speed, etc...) and how many days a week?

MoniqueGriffith - 2012-01-06 4:48 PM

Today is my rest day, and boy do I need it.  I ran 4.3 miles last night and am a bit sore from that since I'm still not quite back in decent running shape. 

Well, last night's run was supposed to be: a 5 min power walk, 15 min easy run, then alternate 1 minute sprints with 1 minute recovery walk 15 times, followed by a 15 min cool down easy run or walk.  I actually only did about 8 of the 1 minute sprints because it was getting cold and dark and I thought I shouldn't over-do it.  I'm supposed to be power walking/running 2-3 times/week.  My trainer has me on a schedule to train for a half marathon in March.  Oh, and I was a bit sore because one calf muscle was tight and I could feel my injured hip flexor getting a little cranky.  But otherwise, I felt fine.  But, that being said, I do have a tendency to push myself a bit too much, so I do have to be careful that way.

2012-01-06 9:32 PM
in reply to: #3967344

New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
razorxp - 2012-01-02 11:09 PM

Group is officially closed! (we always have an open door for old group members though) :-)

Woohoo! So happy to see this - count me in again!! I'm just getting back from two weeks in Hawaii (rough life, I know Cool) with my family (husband, brother, sister-in-law, and parents) and was really worried that I had missed out on getting back into this group.  Only went running once, but spent a lot of time swimming (specifically, snorkelling and SCUBA diving) and hiking, so I still feel like I got my share of exercise.

I'll copy the bio template and fill it out once I get caught up on all the messages..

2012-01-06 10:11 PM

New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Name:  Heather G.

Story:  I initially started running as a way to get into better shape for the various team sports that I was playing (I love most team-based sports and am always up for a game).  I currently play both soccer (several times a week) and softball year-round.  Last January I signed up for my first tri (a sprint) on a whim, and managed to complete it in the middle of training for my first marathon, which I completed in October.  I had a blast at the tri and couldn't wait to do more; life got busy and marathon training then took over what little time I had left, so I decided to defer the next tri adventure until 2012.

Family Status:
  Married with two large (and active) dogs.  That being said, 2 weeks at the PetSmart PetsHotel means that they are both very tired right now.

Current Training:  Between training plans means that the training is a less structured and more based on what I feel like doing from day to day.  This changes next week, when I start getting back in shape so I can train for a new PR in the HM distance in May.

2010-2011 Races:   TBD. I'm planning to run the National Capital Half Marathon in Ottawa at the end of May.  Also contemplating a sprint tri early in the summer with an Olympic distance at the end of summer.  I MAY throw my name into a few lotteries for a fall marathon (but haven't decided for sure yet).

Weightloss:  No specific plans on this - I always find it tends to happen naturally when I push myself in training.

2012-01-06 10:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Mary - Have a great run this weekend!

Heather - Welcome back.

I would say I am a 'Type B+'. I like plans and work better with one, but LOVE my lazy days too.

Odd fact friday? Following on from Keri's babies in the bath....My daughter was born in an elevator lol

So, I have officially hired my coach. Should be starting my marathon training plan this coming week. Kinda excited..... and a little 'skeeered' Surprised

2012-01-07 12:05 AM
in reply to: #3975513

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Jennifers - 2012-01-06 2:43 PM

Tim- I sometimes feel the same way about training for IMWI.  I did Racine last summer as well as my first triathlon, and my training didn't go exactly as planned.  We had some major issues come up involving my husband's job and my family, so that needed to take priority.  But, I finished, even if at poky puppy pace, and in the extreme heat, so I was happy.  That is my goal for IMWI- to finish first of all, and enjoy the journey to get to the finish line.

Dave L- Funny you mention the sasquatch sighting.  There is a guy who used to play for our soccer club and worked with my mom, and we found out about a year ago that he is the regional contact for Bigfoot sightings!

Ok, so for my strange fact...I am a part owner of the Green Bay Packers.  I purchased stock in the team this year, despite my husband's objections (he is a Chicago Bears fan, we have a mixed marriage) Tongue out.  As a stockholder, you are invited to the annual stockholders' meeting at Lambeau, have opportunities to watch warm-ups on the sideline before a game, and access to other pretty cool events and opportunities not open to others.  When I was younger, we used to go up for training camp in Green Bay each year, and we were fortunate enough to meet Brett Favre, Reggie White, and Mike Holmgren the year before they won the Superbowl in 96. 

My day off has been hectic!  And I wish I was training today...it's actually 53 outside right now!  Plus, a run sounds so much better than trying to unclog our bathroom drain.

Happy Friday everyone!

IceMan is a life-long Packer fan.  Hugs to you. 

Good attitude on the IM Wis.  First one, enjoy every moment.  It's a blast.  I did IM Moo last September.  If I can help, let me know.   I am considering Racine this year.  Lots of folks from my coaching group do it.  A race is Branson in September but if I am ready I may do Racine or Wis. Dells (Rev3

Brick in the morning.  Night all.

2012-01-07 12:16 AM
in reply to: #3976216

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Heather- Welcome!  Nice to see a fellow soccer athlete on here!  I am awake still b/c I just got home from an indoor soccer game.  I scored a goal and had an assist, so it was a good night. Laughing

IceMan- You're in Illinois and a Packer fan??  Awesome!  I went to grad school at Illinois, so it was a rough two years for me.  Plus, as I mentioned the in-laws are all Bears fans.  But we keep it fun.  I did Racine for the first time last year, and loved it.  (minus the 100 degree heat this year).

Well, goodnight...gotta get a swim and half-marathon circuit (run, lift, run, lift, etc.) tomorrow am!

2012-01-07 5:39 AM

User image

Veteran

Heading out for a quick 7 miler, then taking my daughters to a 2 hour orienteering race.  We will have a fun day out in the woods.  Not feeling great, but good enough to workout this morning.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday of training, playing, or relaxing. 

Mary - good luck with the race.  BTW - I sometimes have pasta.  But usually eat some sort of a brown rice meal night before race.  So far my iron stomach has ot really given me any trouble if i have to eat at a restaurant at an out of town race.

AAAHHHGG!  I did it again!

Edited by DaDooRunRun 2012-01-07 7:24 AM
2012-01-07 6:14 AM

User image

Regular
Utrecht

Uggh.

I'm being a bit grumpy this week as an infected blister is preventing me to do any sports that requires shoes. So I was very fresh at all of my 3 swims this week... Oh well It is still early in training season.

My late weird Friday fact. The reason I signed up for my first tri (1/8) was kinda because my run coach at the gym didn't let me run a 5K I wanted to do... call me stubborn.

2012-01-07 7:40 AM

User image

Regular
Utrecht

Good Luck Mary!!'

For my yearly A race I have my personal chef with me. Who listens to the name mom .

Main topic of the mail is pasta with homemade tomato and veggies sauce. And some lean fish as a starter.

Even this year she will come to the race venue during race weekend to cheer me on and cook me a meal.

2012-01-07 7:58 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

Just checking in for a quick hello and to wish everyone a great weekend.

Will catch up on all the postings later.

Mary - good luck today.

Heather - nice to see you again and welcome back.

If anyone is interested LOL - curling Friday 1 win and 1 loss - back on the ice this morning.

Have a great day.

KC

2012-01-07 8:13 AM

User image

Regular
Utrecht
2012-01-07 8:18 AM

User image

Regular
Utrecht

So we have picture wednesday and weird fact friday. Thank you Keri. What about musical monday. Each week their will a theme to inspire you a number to pick. Themes can be like:

• Guilty plessure
  • Best pre race song
  • ultimate running song
  • The song your really heard to much
  • etc.. Feel free to add themes.

For this monday I would like to go for the theme your current favorite. Youtube links to the song are very welcome.

2012-01-07 8:29 AM
in reply to: #3976435

User image

Pro
Houston
Niezels - 2012-01-07 8:18 AM

So we have picture wednesday and weird fact friday. Thank you Keri. What about musical monday. Each week their will a theme to inspire you a number to pick. Themes can be like:

• Guilty plessure
  • Best pre race song
  • ultimate running song
  • The song your really heard to much
  • etc.. Feel free to add themes.

For this monday I would like to go for the theme your current favorite. Youtube links to the song are very welcome.

Love it!My yoga didn't happen last night because of a kid issue but it might be a good thing because the back of my knee is pretty tight.I actually think this injury started in yoga. I began hot yoga in December, bought an unlimited month package. This was my first time and I think I went too often and too aggressive. I do believe this is a downward dog injury which isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds. The husband just left fr his long ride I I will hit the pool or maybe the trainer.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43