BT Development Mentor Program Archives » McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2014-01-31 3:44 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Subject: RE: McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED)
What has gone well for you this month?
Running has gone well this month, building up the mileage and my speed has picked up a little. I'm pretty slow, so I'm thrilled about this! Swimming- I had 4 sessions with a swim coach and feel like my form is a lot better. Now I just need to spend time in the pool to get it all working together.

How much weight have you lost?
I'm about even. Couple family celebrations type things, plus the cold weather and darkness has sapped a bit of my energy for this. I've done better this last couple days. I want to get down about 10 pounds by the summer, or 15 if I could manage it without overstretching myself.

How many minutes/miles/yards have you worked out?
Swim: 6h 05m - 7900 Yd
Run: 15h 00m 11s - 76.14 M (SO PLEASED!!)
No biking- but we're building me a bike and winter will end someday, right?

How have you changed your attitudes about training, fitness, health, body image, etc.?
I'm trying to get myself into a schedule where I can get the training in, not mess up work or family time and still get sleep. like everyone, right?

My goals looking forward-
Nutrition/weight: eat a little better, loose a bit more. Don't feel like I'm in a really bad place here, just a couple tweaks and a little more will power
Running: Keep it up- drop one more day running to 5 days a week
Swimming: 3 times a week, build up the endurance
Bike: Build up a bike! Then get to ride it- maybe find a trainer for the rest of winter.

2014-01-31 5:11 PM

Hi Gang,
I haven't posted this week because I'm trying to deal with two injuries that have kept me from doing triathlons or any race for two years.
Maybe too much information but here is my dilemnia:
First I have the toes on my right foot that I have broken many times and are now the two largest next to the big toe are bent towards the big toe and act kind of like hammer toes. The only difference is they also rub on each other and the big toe causing abrasions and corns(?).
I've seen podiatrist after podiatrist and had special insoles and sneakers, but nothing helps. No variation of bandage or pad or gel pad will help. I simply run until I can't endure the pain.
The second problem is even worse. I have the ability or disability of pushing my body way past what it should do. For the past two years I have run past shin splints and fractured my shin bones. It sounds easy to say, "so back off dummy."
My sports drive is to go 110%, it's all I know, I can't turn it on and off.
I know some of you are saying gait problem will fix stress on shins. Nope tried that multiple times. I have two problems which cause the stress on my lower legs. One I have a bodybuilding top half and two broken gimpy legs below. Second is the aforementioned pushing myself too hard.

I'm just laying it out there. If I can't join you this Spring and Summer, you will now understand why. It's been a constant battle with injuries since college many years ago and I can't shake it.

Sad, but trying,
Andrew
2014-01-31 5:20 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Chelmsford, England
what has gone well
I fixed my own puncture, my running has gone from a 10:30 average down to 9 min average. I am swimming twice a week now and doing good lengths without stopping.

how much weight have you lost
Done really well this month losing 4.8 kg (10.6lb)

SWIM : 3h 45m - 4500.00 M
BIKE : 8h 53m 09s - 130.32 Mi
RUN : 5h 43m 32s - 37.48 Mi
SPORTS : 6h 40m

How have you changed your attitudes about training, fitness, health, body image, etc.?
My training has turned into whatever weather I'm going out. My health has took a step in the right direction, I am unsure if my weight loss is a factor in my being able to run faster only time will tell.

Edited by Jynxy 2014-01-31 5:25 PM
2014-02-01 2:08 AM
in reply to: Jynxy

User image

, West-Vlaanderen

Originally posted by Jynxy  How have you changed your attitudes about training, fitness, health, body image, etc.? My training has turned into whatever weather I'm going out. My health has took a step in the right direction, I am unsure if my weight loss is a factor in my being able to run faster only time will tell.

In fact those 4.8kg will be a big factor in your running. For people who still pack some added weight, you can use this calculator. This is waht motivates me a bit to try and loose some weight. The fact that 7-8kg less weight can make me run 4-5 minutes faster without even training. So with 2-3 runs/week AND the weight loss, I do expect a good result.

2014-02-01 3:13 AM

User image

Subject: RE: McFuzz's New Athlete Group (AJAR)
Originally posted by Jynxy

now that the group is closed I have finalised the group table.

morning guys, for anybody that is unaware of how we can help each other out with this table. the links will take you to each of the groups training log where you can leave inspires, be it words of wisdom, congratulations or encouragement.

for this to work your training log needs to be updated and open for all to see

to do this go into your settings / training log settings / privacy / everyone can view or only my friends can view

now if you highlight the box below and go to your own training log then training blog and click on the edit dashboard and paste it in there they are all hyperlinked to everybodys training log.

Joe call me stupid but I have tried this so many times and cant get the link to work it just pastes as text ???????????????

2014-02-01 3:23 AM
in reply to: [email protected]

User image

Originally posted by [email protected]

Hi Gang,
a lot of great info for us first timers, thank you!
I'm beginning to think I'm the greenest beginner here.
I have to take everything so slow because I tend to break everything, haha.
I've got my bike up to 7-10 miles this week
but still haven't set foot in the pool
I am running but nothing over 2-3 miles
I have a long way to go before I'm race ready.

you have to start somewhere, we all did turning up is the best start, sounds like you are already doing it and here is the best support and encouragement you will get!

keep up the hard work!

2014-02-01 3:30 AM
in reply to: annplumley

User image

Originally posted by annplumley

Originally posted by ingleshteechur

I put my helmet/sunglasses on my bike seat.  I place my bike shoes and socks under the bike along with a tank top/tech shirt (depending on weather) with the race bib already pinned on. I'll unvelcro my bike shoes so they're ready to be put on quickly. Under my wetsuit I wear a sports bra and bike shorts.  Next, I set out my running shoes, hat and fuel belt already loaded with a water bottle and GU (if it's longer than a sprint distance) and my race watch.  My bike already has a water bottle loaded on it as well. That's pretty much it! 

I am doing a good job of focusing on my training and keeping a positive outlook, but I have this one question constantly creeping in the back of my mind so I thought I might as well ask and put it to rest!

What do I wear?!  (I know life changing question, right?)

I do not have a wetsuit or anything like that. I could get one if you all recommend it. If I just wear a swim suit, how do I modify it for running? More than likely the water is going to be cold. I live in Northern Ohio so the water will be cold even in August probably. I figure once I get started the cold will be the last thing I am thinking about though so I just need to figure out the best plan.

Hi Anne,
late reply everyone has probably already answered you! I have been camping out for a week no computers! = also no work yay

My first year I wore speedos for swim then threw on running shorts and sports singlet, end of last year I invested in some tri shorts as my butt was killing me (those bike seats are not made for comfort!) tomorrow will be my first race in a new complete tri suit this also has padding for the bike, bathing suit style with short legs.
I have'nt had to use a wetsuit and don't own one but here on the west coast of Oz highly unlikely I will need one unless I go crazy and decide to do something in the south
2014-02-01 3:40 AM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Nicely done!  Taking that first step out into the cold is usually the worst part!  The mental toughness that is built though, is worth every step.

I am going to try to take the advice I'd give to anyone in my position.  I'm battling a cold but have continued to train, although I have modified the lengths of my workouts.  Did 2 hours/32 miles on the trainer this am (16 mph is definitely on the slow side for me) so I know I have a decrease in energy.  I have promised myself that if tomorrow morning I wake up feeling cruddy I'm taking the day completely off to rest.  Sticking to that will be tough.  I hate having to slow down, but I also know it's a signal from my body saying "Whoooaaaa, Nelly!"

Hope you are feeling better Kim!
sucks to be sick, I thankfully have worked in a hospital and now with children so have built a high immune system I think!
when you are in Oz come and play with my 38 kids at the centre it will fix you right up
2014-02-01 3:45 AM

User image

The magic weight measure this morning was 100.5 kilos that's 6 kilos in 4 weeks around 13 pounds. So well exited for next Monday when I will be under 100 kilos.

that is Awesome Joe!

very inspiring
2014-02-01 3:57 AM

User image

Originally posted by McFuzz

Originally posted by ingleshteechur Hi friends! I am alive and kicking! I think I have beat whatever crud was keeping me down. My energy is back and I am so excited to get back to my training schedule. Here's a deep thought question I'm hoping you all can help me with. I have been stuck in a cycle that I am bound and determined to bust through once and for all. I seem to have trouble allowing myself to succeed in my weight loss/training goals. I get soooo close to where I want to be that it's almost like it freaks me out and I sabotage myself. The closer I get to my goal-- whether it's preparing for a race or a number on the scale--the more I fear that success. I'm tired of that. I work so darn hard but then feel like I don't deserve the reward in the end. Can anyone relate to this struggle ? I don't have a huge weight loss goal by any means, but when my body truly starts to look lean and athletic it freaks me out. For the record I'm 5'0" and around. 128. When I am below 125, that's when I feel the strongest, healthiest, and leanest but I get scared of that power I guess. I sure hope this is making sense. I'm hoping to find a new way to view my success.

Kim,

Thank you for opening up on this topic. 

You say you feel strongest and healthiest when you're below 125#.  What does this allow you to do?  Those things are your reward and you absolutely have earned it when you achieve it.  More importantly, it is within your control, and you need to accept gracefully that success just like you did earning your teaching degree and other accomplishments in your life. 

I may add more later. 

You sure got me thinking on this one, as you always do when I have a question like this.  Your question regarding my success and what does it allow me to do seems to be a mixed bag of answers.

Being at my best training weight allows me to:

Have awesome training sessions where I feel strong and powerful

Wear anything I have in my closet without having to wonder how tight they'll be this week

Walk with a confident pep to my step

Feel and know that I look fit

BUUUUUT...

it gives me attention "You look so good, what are you doing?  You're so thin...how did you do it?"  But people want to hear a magic bullet.  They don't want to hear talk of training sessions and lean protein and veggies.  I don't know how to respond.

I *feel* like I get the dagger eyes from female coworkers--'look at her thinking she's all that'

And there are days where I honestly feel like I should apologize for feeling and looking good.  Before triathlon I was in the group of always complaining and commiserating with other women about those last 15 pounds.  Now those pounds are gone and I don't know what group I belong in!

I do feel sassier in the last few months though...like dammit, I'm 43, I train my tush off, I look better than I ever have in my life--I should revel in it.  But then I get all wussy about it and go back to the above negatives.

Kim, I was much the same but I am not at my goal or peak as you are, yet. I have group of friends who are mostly overweight and as soon as is I start talking exercise or fitness they tune out, they do however support me and comment on how I am looking and how driven I am. This used to embarass me, but I don't know what happened, one day a friend said "you look so good you are getting a real athletic shape your body" and I replied "thankyou very much I will take that" and have done so ever since.

you work hard be proud an don't pay any attention to others, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and remember to take the next compliment and RUN with it, becasue lets face it does inspire you to work harder
2014-02-01 4:01 AM

User image

Originally posted by McFuzz

Originally posted by Kate_r

I *feel* like I get the dagger eyes from female coworkers--'look at her thinking she's all that' 

I've been on the opposite end of the scale with reactions, there's a woman I train with, she's probably 5 years older than me but has a super fit body and she regularly gives me a look of 'Please don't stand next to me just in case your fat is contagious'. In all honesty it hurts but in reality this is all in my head and she may not be thinking that at all.

Kate, I don't know whether the perception is coming from your co-worker, or if it is coming from within you.  Do you see the same interaction between your co-worker and others in the office who aren't as fit as she is? If that thought isn't being validated in her other interactions, commit to changing YOUR attitude. 

In line with the lack of being weighed I'm really trying to love my body. I've spent years hating the way I look and I think if I can spend time just loving me for who and how I am I'll feel so much better. That's the theory though and in practice 41 years of telling myself I'm not good enough forms habits that are really hard to break. As the others have said, focus on how great you feel, how much better your body functions and the joy you receive from having a smokin' hot body

Kate, this is why I like mentoring and I chose to focus my efforts this season on beginners.  I'm here to support breaking those mental habits that are holding you back. 

I like the lively discussion here about weight and body image and attitude

I'll reinforce to everyone, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. 

You can be a little (or a lot) heavier than you want and with a good attitude, people will want to be around you.  It will also be the positive energy to make changes to get closer to where you want to be. 

You can also be exactly where you want to be with a bad attitude, and in those times, people will still not want to be around you.  Recogize this in yourself, and recognize it in other people. 

Now...if you can recognize it in other people, you have to ask yourself why do you choose to associate with that person?  What do they offer you besides discouragement and anger?  You have a lot of choice even for co-workers or family.  If you are immersed in griping at complaining at work, how can you reduce the contamination?  Interact less or choose to interact positively?  Find a new job?  Same with family.  If you don't look forward to spending the holiday with your bitter father, make some other plans and let him wallow in his bitterness alone.  Yes, it can be extreme, but you need to approach this as if your life depends on it, because it does! 

Love it!

I have recently divorced myself from a 1 sided friendship and feel a whole lot better about it and myself!

2014-02-01 4:15 AM
in reply to: Lanne

User image

HI everyone,
Sorry for all the posts you are going to wake up to! I have been MIA on a camping trip for a week.

What has gone well for me this month -

New PT going exceptionally well and I hope to see a difference in my run tomorrow, all be it if slight
Started training with clipless pedals
weight has stayed the same but measurements have gone down
Completed second sprint tri
weight training improved
talked husband into doing a tri with me

I want to work on my logging this month so I have a better idea of where I am at

probably best thing is finding this group it is so supportive and real!

my first goal for the month being second of the month tomorrow- to do this short tri in 41 mins it is the same distance as my first tri last year I did it in 50mins
some might say 10 mins is alot to shave off but I am positive and have a couple of things going for me - first tri I did on a mountain bike, tri suit should make transition a bit quicker, a little bit of experieince and I have to keep up with my husband if not do better

I look forward to catching up tomorrow for 24hrs rather than a weeks worth of posts

2014-02-01 6:22 AM

User image

, West-Vlaanderen

Originally posted by Lanne HI everyone, Sorry for all the posts you are going to wake up to! I have been MIA on a camping trip for a week. What has gone well for me this month - New PT going exceptionally well and I hope to see a difference in my run tomorrow, all be it if slight Started training with clipless pedals weight has stayed the same but measurements have gone down Completed second sprint tri weight training improved talked husband into doing a tri with me I want to work on my logging this month so I have a better idea of where I am at probably best thing is finding this group it is so supportive and real! my first goal for the month being second of the month tomorrow- to do this short tri in 41 mins it is the same distance as my first tri last year I did it in 50mins some might say 10 mins is alot to shave off but I am positive and have a couple of things going for me - first tri I did on a mountain bike, tri suit should make transition a bit quicker, a little bit of experieince and I have to keep up with my husband if not do better I look forward to catching up tomorrow for 24hrs rather than a weeks worth of posts

I hope you had a lot of fun camping. What did you do?

So today a new month has started. To me, its like a fresh start. Maybe thats because I don't work with a tight weekly schedule and I have these crazy ideas in my head about endings and beginnings. But this month, I want to try to have more days of training and more time spent on training. Besides that I want to try to get below 96kg ~ 211.6 lbs. This monday i Weighed in at 99.9kg ~ 220.2lbs and allthough i'm waiting till monday to get my first real result, i can lift a tip of the veil and say this week has gone well .

Next this, I want to keep track of how many hours I sleep. I'm so bad at getting into bed in time. So keeping track of it may be a trigger to go to bed at decent times. I also decided I'm not gonna put my bike-to-work as bike training. Allthough I do consider it as an activity, I feel it gives a wrong idea in my monthly totals. It looks now like i trained a lot on my racebike, which I didn't. To me, it doesn't feel right and also I want to keep track of the "real"  tri-training. So i'm logging it under other sport. That way I can still keep track of it but it won't interfere with my tri-training totals.

What are you all upto before the end of this month??

Edited by Tridimi 2014-02-01 6:25 AM
2014-02-01 7:13 AM

User image

Chelmsford, England
Good morning all, no rugby today for me so I thought I would go out and do yesterday's training instead. Felt very good still a little bunged up but I'm not wAiting all week for that to clear.

Hope your all having a great Saturday.

As we have an abundance of you yanks !!! (I hope that's not offensive) it is Super Bowl weekend what will you guys be upto
2014-02-01 1:48 PM
in reply to: Lanne

User image

Chelmsford, England

sorry to hear that Lana

I have tried it again and it worked for me.

I start highlighting above the box and stop under the box
right click the text and choose copy ( not copy shortcut)
training log, then training blog
edit dashboard and click in the box, right click paste
2014-02-01 5:31 PM

User image

Northlake, Texas

A LOT actually. My wife has been gracious enough to pick up the slack I’m leaving behind at home allowing me to work out consistently. I try to pull my weight but she's letting me get a way with a little bit more. I’ve also been able to make huge changes in what I was eating and have finally started to lose weight again (after a short plateau).

As far as training stats, my last swim is officially the longest string of back-to-back (freestyle only) laps in the pool =), my indoor trainer rides are coming much easier despite the increase in time since last month, and for weight training I'm able to see slight improvements in the amount of weight I can move despite the calorie deficit that I've tried to maintain. I can't ask for much more. This month (Feb) I'm going to re-incorporate running into my training regimen, so lets hope that goes well. *CROSSING FINGERS*

How much weight have you lost? How have you changed your nutrition in positive ways?

I’ve lost ~5lbs this month (for a total of 15 since mid-November) but most of it has been in the last couple of weeks when I changed my diet.

I had been calorie counting from day 1 but it wasn’t until recently that I took a SERIOUS look at WHAT I was eating and how much. While it is so much work it has been well worth it.

WAAAAAY more than I had expected!

SWIMMING 4hrs 3 min – for 9373.56 meters / 5.82 miles
BIKING 10hrs 39min – for 235.03km / 146.04mi
STRENGTH/CALISTHENICS 8hrs 49min

Good question. I have definitely taken more responsibility of my health in ways that I never have before (i.e. monitoring macro-nutrient intake ratios, weight and body measurements) but I don't know how deeply I've changed my attitude (if at all). I still feel like if my brother hadn't challenged me then I would not have challenged myself and to be honest that scares me. Because, if I want these wonderful lifestyle changes to last I need to find a way to make it about me, and find that self motivation, otherwise this may all be for naught once we participate in our first event together.

2014-02-01 9:15 PM

User image

This past month

I have been very pleased with how this past month has gone. I am actually taking steps toward my goal of competing in a sprint triathlon! I joined this group, started a training plan, and have followed the plan! These are all very good things and what I want to focus on when I look at this month in review.

Weight/nutrition

Although one of my "new year's resolutions" was to lose twenty pounds, this has not been my focus this month and I am not going to dwell on it. I did not lose any weight and have not been really eating healthy as I should. I have stuck with my goal of not eating after 8pm which is a good thing. Hopefully I will do better in February but I am going to focus on the positives of my training and not beat myself up about my lack of self control with the food. That is the order of my priorities right now.

Time/Distance

Bike - 260min - 67 mi

Run - 144 min - 14 miles

Swim - 123 min - 3375 yds (1.92 mi)

Goals for February

- continue to follow my training plan

- be positive with my attitude toward my progress and not compare my totals or speeds to what you all are doing!

- earn a gold t-shirt with the Ironman program at the YMCA (Participants have to independently log their distances for running, biking and swimming until they reach a total of what is done in an Ironman. If it is completed within 6 weeks you earn a "bronze" tshirt, 4 weeks a "silver" and 2 weeks a "gold. Last year I managed to do it in 4 weeks and got silver. I want to try to do it in 2 weeks this year. It starts towards the end of the month)

Edited by annplumley 2014-02-01 9:17 PM
2014-02-01 10:00 PM

User image

Joe call me stupid but I have tried this so many times and cant get the link to work it just pastes as text ???????????????

sorry to hear that Lana

I have tried it again and it worked for me.

I start highlighting above the box and stop under the box
right click the text and choose copy ( not copy shortcut)
training log, then training blog
edit dashboard and click in the box, right click paste

Got it sorted Joe, for some reason it worked on my work PC,Thanks
2014-02-01 10:02 PM
in reply to: Tridimi

User image

This was our annual trip for Australia Day, (I suppopse the same as fourth of july for US) we swam, BBQ'd, SUPPED (stand up paddle boarding), fishing, a game of criket or two and they also had a band play live music right next to the caravan park, it was great. A big group of 5 families so we entertained each and the kids well.
2014-02-02 1:00 AM
in reply to: annplumley

User image

, West-Vlaanderen

Time/Distance

Bike - 260min - 67 mi

Run - 144 min - 14 miles

Goals for February

- be positive with my attitude toward my progress and not compare my totals or speeds to what you all are doing!

- earn a gold t-shirt with the Ironman program at the YMCA (Participants have to independently log their distances for running, biking and swimming until they reach a total of what is done in an Ironman. If it is completed within 6 weeks you earn a "bronze" tshirt, 4 weeks a "silver" and 2 weeks a "gold. Last year I managed to do it in 4 weeks and got silver. I want to try to do it in 2 weeks this year. It starts towards the end of the month)

Definately do this Ann. It's about you, not about what others do. Besides, no matter how good you are, there is always someone better then you. There is nothing wrong with some competition (I know I aint letting Joe run faster then me on his race day hahaha) but don't use others totals and speed to see if you have been training good or not. I am sure that if you keep your training up, we'll see some nice progression in a few months!!. I wonder how far we'll all made it at the end of May.

2014-02-02 8:13 AM
in reply to: fadullium

User image

Chelmsford, England
Originally posted by fadullium

A LOT actually. My wife has been gracious enough to pick up the slack I’m leaving behind at home allowing me to work out consistently. I try to pull my weight but she's letting me get a way with a little bit more. I’ve also been able to make huge changes in what I was eating and have finally started to lose weight again (after a short plateau).

As far as training stats, my last swim is officially the longest string of back-to-back (freestyle only) laps in the pool =), my indoor trainer rides are coming much easier despite the increase in time since last month, and for weight training I'm able to see slight improvements in the amount of weight I can move despite the calorie deficit that I've tried to maintain. I can't ask for much more. This month (Feb) I'm going to re-incorporate running into my training regimen, so lets hope that goes well. *CROSSING FINGERS*

How much weight have you lost? How have you changed your nutrition in positive ways?

I’ve lost ~5lbs this month (for a total of 15 since mid-November) but most of it has been in the last couple of weeks when I changed my diet.

I had been calorie counting from day 1 but it wasn’t until recently that I took a SERIOUS look at WHAT I was eating and how much. While it is so much work it has been well worth it.

WAAAAAY more than I had expected!

SWIMMING 4hrs 3 min – for 9373.56 meters / 5.82 miles
BIKING 10hrs 39min – for 235.03km / 146.04mi
STRENGTH/CALISTHENICS 8hrs 49min

Good question. I have definitely taken more responsibility of my health in ways that I never have before (i.e. monitoring macro-nutrient intake ratios, weight and body measurements) but I don't know how deeply I've changed my attitude (if at all). I still feel like if my brother hadn't challenged me then I would not have challenged myself and to be honest that scares me. Because, if I want these wonderful lifestyle changes to last I need to find a way to make it about me, and find that self motivation, otherwise this may all be for naught once we participate in our first event together.

its so much easier with a helpful wife at home, good to hear the eating well is starting to pay off. don't be to hard on yourself its good for you to have those treats ever so often.

This past month

I have been very pleased with how this past month has gone. I am actually taking steps toward my goal of competing in a sprint triathlon! I joined this group, started a training plan, and have followed the plan! These are all very good things and what I want to focus on when I look at this month in review.

Weight/nutrition

Although one of my "new year's resolutions" was to lose twenty pounds, this has not been my focus this month and I am not going to dwell on it. I did not lose any weight and have not been really eating healthy as I should. I have stuck with my goal of not eating after 8pm which is a good thing. Hopefully I will do better in February but I am going to focus on the positives of my training and not beat myself up about my lack of self control with the food. That is the order of my priorities right now.

Time/Distance

Bike - 260min - 67 mi

Run - 144 min - 14 miles

Goals for February

hmmm lose 20 pounds sounds rather exact Ann, if you stick to what you are doing in eating well and exercising the weight loss will follow.

you are doing brilliantly and the only person you should measure yourself against is yourself (unless you are Tridimi) not just against last months how much and how far but how did it feel getting up and going running or cycling before how much more are you enjoying it ??

Originally posted by Tridimi

Time/Distance

Bike - 260min - 67 mi

Run - 144 min - 14 miles

Goals for February

Definately do this Ann. It's about you, not about what others do. Besides, no matter how good you are, there is always someone better then you. There is nothing wrong with some competition (I know I aint letting Joe run faster then me on his race day hahaha) but don't use others totals and speed to see if you have been training good or not. I am sure that if you keep your training up, we'll see some nice progression in a few months!!. I wonder how far we'll all made it at the end of May.

just as I said to Ann you should really concentrate on your own running Dimitri as you have no chance of running as fast as me :p

2014-02-02 11:33 AM

User image

Chelmsford, England
Well I had youth rugby training this morning which starts at 10.00 but by 10.15 and there was only four out of the twelve children there I was quietly muttering to myself things about giving up my training time for them to waste it but five minutes later another four showed up and we could finally train.
I was feeling a little tired after and on the drive home deliberating whether or not to leave my bike until Saturday and just do the run today. I decided to just take it easy on the bike. ( don't know why I was so worried as it's supposed to be an easy ride anyways ??? Go figure ) the ride went really well even with the wind which was nowhere near the predicted 20mph more like 10mph, I aimed for 4.30 average but I managed that against the wind , I have changed my mindset recently on training attitude and instead of a fixed goal like 4.30 I train to my body which today felt good on the bike. So I finished with a 4 min average and not at all tired as it is a very easy day.

Onto the run and I wanted a fast transition not that it was setup but off bike, jacket off, phone holder on , watch off bike onto wrist, grab my electrolytes and out of the door which I think went really well. As usual even though it was a 5 mile plus run today I was out of the traps 8.30 first quarter mile the knocked it down to 9.15 as I had a 9.50 in my head that I wanted but instead of slowing I kept pace and it felt good, (well it had worked on the bike) so I kept pace working off my breathing not heavy so I was good to go and at the 2 mile mark I have a turn to make back to my house the road route but I was feeling good so I kept on going along the course I will be doing in May it is along the sea wall which until yesterday had been raining hard, yes it was a little damp but none of the massive puddles I had assumed would be there was it was a lovely 3 miles along with many turn offs that I could of took back to the safety of the Tarmac. I took the final turn off back to my house and it couldn't have been worse it looked like they had been porky wrestling in the track all day and by the time I got through my trainers were covered and my legs were wasted as I ran on pushing my good run to a great run.

I feel great, bring it on TRI

Edited by Jynxy 2014-02-02 12:05 PM
2014-02-02 4:14 PM

User image

, West-Vlaanderen

Originally posted by Jynxy Well I had youth rugby training this morning which starts at 10.00 but by 10.15 and there was only four out of the twelve children there I was quietly muttering to myself things about giving up my training time for them to waste it but five minutes later another four showed up and we could finally train. I was feeling a little tired after and on the drive home deliberating whether or not to leave my bike until Saturday and just do the run today. I decided to just take it easy on the bike. ( don't know why I was so worried as it's supposed to be an easy ride anyways ??? Go figure ) the ride went really well even with the wind which was nowhere near the predicted 20mph more like 10mph, I aimed for 4.30 average but I managed that against the wind , I have changed my mindset recently on training attitude and instead of a fixed goal like 4.30 I train to my body which today felt good on the bike. So I finished with a 4 min average and not at all tired as it is a very easy day. Onto the run and I wanted a fast transition not that it was setup but off bike, jacket off, phone holder on , watch off bike onto wrist, grab my electrolytes and out of the door which I think went really well. As usual even though it was a 5 mile plus run today I was out of the traps 8.30 first quarter mile the knocked it down to 9.15 as I had a 9.50 in my head that I wanted but instead of slowing I kept pace and it felt good, (well it had worked on the bike) so I kept pace working off my breathing not heavy so I was good to go and at the 2 mile mark I have a turn to make back to my house the road route but I was feeling good so I kept on going along the course I will be doing in May it is along the sea wall which until yesterday had been raining hard, yes it was a little damp but none of the massive puddles I had assumed would be there was it was a lovely 3 miles along with many turn offs that I could of took back to the safety of the Tarmac. I took the final turn off back to my house and it couldn't have been worse it looked like they had been porky wrestling in the track all day and by the time I got through my trainers were covered and my legs were wasted as I ran on pushing my good run to a great run. I feel great, bring it on TRI

Joe, care to tell why your bike training is so short? Is there a specific reason?

just as I said to Ann you should really concentrate on your own running Dimitri as you have no chance of running as fast as me :p

Ha, you wish! Look at my latest training!!

2014-02-02 4:49 PM
in reply to: #4921078

User image

Elite
Hello all!
I survived a very high volume weekend! Saturday: 2:30 run/Sunday 4:00/73 miles on the trainer followed by a 60 minute OWS! My nutrition leading up to my training Saturday and Sunday was spot on, as well as during. I felt fueled properly through everything, This is big for me as usually the night before a big training day I tend to slip into the 'eat whatever, you'll burn it off' and then end up with gastro issues, etc. It all went perfectly. Now, I'm not going to lie...for the Super Bowl tonight I totally intend to partake in some wings, bread sticks and ice cream! Not too much though...that stuff doesn't set so well in my stomach any more!

Hope everyone has been having a great weekend--lots of good training going on! Good job guys!
2014-02-03 12:24 AM

User image

Hello all!
I survived a very high volume weekend! Saturday: 2:30 run/Sunday 4:00/73 miles on the trainer followed by a 60 minute OWS! My nutrition leading up to my training Saturday and Sunday was spot on, as well as during. I felt fueled properly through everything, This is big for me as usually the night before a big training day I tend to slip into the 'eat whatever, you'll burn it off' and then end up with gastro issues, etc. It all went perfectly. Now, I'm not going to lie...for the Super Bowl tonight I totally intend to partake in some wings, bread sticks and ice cream! Not too much though...that stuff doesn't set so well in my stomach any more!

Hope everyone has been having a great weekend--lots of good training going on! Good job guys!

Great job Kim that is awesome, I say you earned Superbowl Treats!

Can you divulge your nutrition? I decided to have breakfast for the first time before my sprint on the weekend and I think I raced better
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Rss Feed  

of 21

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38001 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.
date : January 24, 2005
author : Michael
I heard an athletic trainer say that in life we have many setbacks. The key is to overcome these setbacks, but the question is how?

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.